MSN 'Review'

TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne

Couldn't find another reference to this in any threads, although sadly the forum search engine only accepts words of four characters or more (so doesn't accept MSN). Sorry if this is old news but I only spotted it today.

http://tech.uk.msn.com/gaming/article.aspx...umentid=8163662

It isn't a very good review, and there's only one thing in it that I hadn't read before. And aren't there SIX stars rather than five?

Since when have there been five stars in GTA?

GTA had none. GTA 2 had three. GTA 3s had six.

TenEightyOne

That's what I thought - I suspect that 'MSN tech' haven't even played it. The whole thing seems to have been cobbled together from other reviews with a few aged screenshots.

Most of the regulars on this forum could write a better 'hands-on' review without ever getting their hands on it smile.gif

gold_leader

there are 6 stars. in a achievement called "One Man Army" it says something like "survive for 5 mininutes with 6 stars"

TenEightyOne
Im tierd of this stuff getting the name review screwed up with preview, get it right god damnit.

Err, I don't know where you learnt english but review and preview in the context of examining a pre-release game are the same thing - either definition works.

Critical comment on a title which the writer has seen is their review, and a preview to those who haven't seen it.

Western American English obviates a certain amount of tense from speech, and therefore the definition of preview and review may be a little different. Accept the world as it is, my friend. I speak standard english and therefore the use of preview and review depends on the context in which it is required.

In this case, MSN claimed to have REVIEWED the game. It is a PREVIEW to us. I think the topic title made that clear.

I only learnt this phrase on the forum two days ago, but 'you fail'.

TenEightyOne, BA (Hons), Phd. Eng.

Im tierd of this stuff getting the name review screwed up with preview, get it right god damnit.

Err, I don't know where you learnt english but review and preview in the context of examining a pre-release game are the same thing - either definition works.

No they don't. Not in the English language.

A preview is a look at something before it is released or completed, a review is the second look at it after it is finished, usually in the final moments before release and then little journalists have to wait to review it second, after release. Easy way to tell real journalists from adsense publishers. moto_whistle.gif

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

TenEightyOne
a review is the second look at it after it is finished, usually in the final moments before release...

Which is why the term 'review' in quotes works here. MSN claim (although I don't believe they even did) to have examined the finalised pre-release product.

GTA 1 and 2 had 6 stars as well

gta 2 had 6 stars(just instead of stars there cop heads in the top middle of the screen)

i wont take a read from seeing all the comments, sh*tty review isnt it?