Where are the peds and the traffic?

ben009

Don't get me wrong the game looks beautiful. But my worst fear came out: it's not a living city, it looks like a ghosttown. They didn't capture the mass in New York. It even looks that it has less traffic than in San Andreas. And it was not just in Broker,but also in Star Junction.

Can someone reassure me? Maybe it was just because of the illegal copied versions? Or do you all agree with me?

And don't flame me , but the game could be bad for me just because of that reason. The living city was the essential thing I was looking forward to.

Edited by ben009

No,no it does not.I have counted about 15-20 cars and peds in star junction.Then again i have counted less on my second visit to star junction.Imo its random....

zeppelincheetah

i'm really concerned about this 'cause i've been hearing this a lot lately from people with the pirated copies. how can it be that after all of that hard work and promise and testing that the game would be so sparsely populated?

The game starts on one of the less populated islands. You'll notice there aren't that many tall buildings in the leaked videos.

The game starts on one of the less populated islands. You'll notice there aren't that many tall buildings in the leaked videos.

Not really, I saw footage of Star Junction (Times square), and it had the same problem. And even if Broker is the less populated island, its still part of the most densely populated city in the US.

Not really, I saw footage of Star Junction (Times square), and it had the same problem. And even if Broker is the less populated island, its still part of the most densely populated city in the US.

Well i saw footage of star junction and there were at least 15 cars.....

it seems fairly populated to me & i havent even unlocked any other areas yet.

i parked my car in the middle of the street, everyone starts honking at me....police come over, then 2 guys get out of their cars & start fighting. the cop starts messing with them & then another guy rus over & car jacks someone else....lol

i would say the city is alive & well folks

it seems fairly populated to me & i havent even unlocked any other areas yet.

i parked my car in the middle of the street, everyone starts honking at me....police come over, then 2 guys get out of their cars & start fighting. the cop starts messing with them & then another guy rus over & car jacks someone else....lol

i would say the city is alive & well folks

Thats awesome. still disappointed you can drive crazy and cops don't car. And whats up with the Taxis always hitting other cars haha.

maverick808

15 cars seems low does it not? If it's supposed to be like New York then you'd usually see a lot more cars, and a hell of a lot more people...

NY webcam

Ever thought that perhaps, just perhaps it's because you're watching pirate versions of the game? sarcasm.gif

THE HOGGMEISTER

15 cars seems low does it not? If it's supposed to be like New York then you'd usually see a lot more cars, and a hell of a lot more people...

NY webcam

oh yyaaaayyyy i love traffic it would be lame if it was like new york you wouldn't even be able to do anything

NY webcam

oh yyaaaayyyy i love traffic it would be lame if it was like new york you wouldn't even be able to do anything

That's a good point actually. Perhaps they cut back on traffic an peds because they couldn't picture anybody speeding through all of it.

NY webcam

Yes it shouldnt be the same as real New York, but I expected at least 4x more traffic than in San Adreas. I watched the leaked copies some time and believe me, it's the same as San andreas. But there it wasn't that bad because it was countryside, but riding 15 seconds with only 2 cars passing by in a game that promesed to capture the feel of New York, is concerning.

ExciteMyPanda

One of the leaked videos showed a motorway and your in a SUV driving along it at about 80mph, and there are atleast 15 cars around you, posible more, and thats on just one lane, and for you saying no peds. take a look at the leaked videos. (think they have all been taken down now) but still. you are getting the rong idea =P =]

People need to realize NYC isnt always crowded 24/7 :|

Although i havent seen the game yet, so i wont really comment on if its actually too deserted or not.

dingusmaloy

think i read somewhere that the time of day effect how many peds n traffic there is maybe even weather idk..

Think I got a logical explenation. If there are too many cars and people all over all the time the game probably would lag or crash or load really slowly. The fact that the graphics are as good as they are + alot of things moving all the time could be a problem tbh.

but again im no expert. Just a possibility.

Yea, traffic's one thing but you don't want the true congestion that occurs regularly on NYC streets. Getting around would become a chore and take away from the game, IMO.

SOME traffic of course is necessary.

I've seen it in action online and sometimes there not much traffic or peds at all and then others there is a bunch. I can say that when you are going very fast, there isn't many cars, most you see are either parked on the side of the road or you will see like 2 or 3 every like 10 seconds.

as you complete more missions the traffic and ped amounts will rise due to more islands unlocked. More traffic and population, it's realistic!

Or maybe its the fact that when you are trying to get somewhere / run away you don't want to spend 10 minutes getting through cars nonstop or avoiding peds.

If they based it on the realistic amount of traffic & people, you wouldn't be able to move more than 2 MPH. Any of you really drive in Manhattan? I have. Not very fun.

for f*cks sake, put this under "leaked / spoiled info"

What the heck are talking about? "OH NOES CARZ AND PEDZ ARE IN GTAIV! MY EXPERIENCEZ IZ RUINEDZ!"

xNikolaiBellicx

Yep it might be the terrorist thing. Coz no one would want to be in a city with terrorists.. maybe you have to do a mission where you kill the terrorist and people start coming?

lol i dunno i havent played it yet

No,no it does not.I have counted about 15-20 cars and peds in star junction.Then again i have counted less on my second visit to star junction.Imo its random....

as it hsould be.

in real life u dont have the same amount of peds/cars everytime.

if the road was 24/7 filled with cars so you couldnt even drive fast anywhere you would be on here complaining aswell.

If it affects you that much dont play the game, we dont care

zeppelincheetah

what this means is despite my recent optimism this game will be no different in many technical aspects from its predecessors... poor draw distance, pop up and population issues will always be a factor in GTA as long as it's trying to be as advanced as it can be. but this is just because of the xbox 360 and playstation 3. they still aren't enough to handle it.