Bad driving in GTA 4

jonasss

dentist guba

some of the guys in those vids seem to be steering with a NES controller LOL. i think the driving just looks dodgy because they are actually going faster than we think, in real life you can't go round sharp corners at 20 mph (car leans like crazy)

Crimson Engage

It would seem the older cars tilt and have a looser suspension set up then the new cars. I seen a guy drive a red sports car and it handled better.

FoShizzle08

The Driving Looks AWSOME..have you seen the ability to drift?

i am gonna have some immense fun drifting round LC dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

I actually like the driving better every time i watch a video. Now I just can't wait until I can drive myself. Sorry for my scepticism (if that's how you spell it).

Does anyone know if stores i Europe has got the game yet, or will they get it the 28th?

Edited by jonasss

SLAYERMAGGOT

The crappy cars drives like sh*t, but i ever liked these poor cars in GTA Series (peren, willard...)

The manana is so f*cking stupid to drive, damn lame and psycho handling.

Turismo, Feltzer and other sportcars in IV drive super.

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

It does look a bit weird.

But we can't say for sure until we've played it personally. I'm sure we'll get used to it. icon14.gif

The driving looks much better. It doesnt seem as fast so it will be more fun online or being chased by the cops.

dragonballz9

The driving is not good because the one people which are playing the game they are bad i have just seen the video on youtube and is driving alot better from others .If anyone wants to see this video just PM me. icon14.gif

maverick808

I've played it quite a bit now and my driving is slowly getting better. One thing I've had to relearn is how to use the accelerator. In all previous GTAs I always just got in the car and immediately push the accelerator trigger in as far as I could. In GTA4 this habit simply causes an immediate wheel spin and loss of control. It's far better to push the accelerator lightly at first and gradually push it all the way down. That's one example of how the driving is more realistic.

To be honest, it annoyed me at first but now I prefer the more realistic driving. It's all about relearning. You have to use the accelerator correctly, brake well before you take corners, and realise the handbrake acts realistically (and therefore should be used a lot less). One of the reasons it's hard is because in previous GTAs holding the accelerator fully down all the time, taking corners at ridiculous speeds, and using the handbrake for every turn were all good things to do and have become almost hard-coded into your GTA behaviour. So yeah, it takes a while to get used to, but overall I prefer the realism of it.

• 2 years later...

im sorry but the driving in gta 4 is nowhere near realistic. since when has any car when going a mere 10mph when turning the suspension let the other side of the car nearly hit the ground? or when turning at any speed can cause you to spin? i mean any of you saying its "realistic" actually drive? lol while im not saying irl you can go 90mph and make a 90 degree turn on a dime you sure as hell can drive faster and turn better irl in a minifrigging van than you can in gta 4 in the best cars. hell a school bus can turn at faster speeds irl and better than in gta 4.

edit: and sadly i just noticed how old this thread is lol

na89340qv0n34b09q340
im sorry but the driving in gta 4 is nowhere near realistic. since when has any car when going a mere 10mph when turning the suspension let the other side of the car nearly hit the ground? or when turning at any speed can cause you to spin? i mean any of you saying its "realistic" actually drive? lol while im not saying irl you can go 90mph and make a 90 degree turn on a dime you sure as hell can drive faster and turn better irl in a minifrigging van than you can in gta 4 in the best cars. hell a school bus can turn at faster speeds irl and better than in gta 4.

edit: and sadly i just noticed how old this thread is lol

Why on earth did you bumb this?