Bad driving in GTA 4

jonasss

The driving looks really wierd in the leaked videos. Nothink even close to realistic, but I hope I can get used to it, and just enoy it.

BobsYourUncle...

I don't know, I thought the same, but maybe it's just watching it which makes it look worser than it actually is, maybe it will have a better feel when playing it.

frynsesmadrer

those guys in theleaked videos also drive like morons and they don't even try to drive like you normally would

anyway im glad they made the driving more realistic, so you can't just drive 90mph and make a 90degree turn

This is like the tenth time i've seen these threads...............................GET OVER IT ARRRGHHH!!

The driving is different the city is different and the game is different build a callahan bridge and get over it.

Psyclon_Nine

It looks like the faster cars slide more, which is good because you slow down less, allowing you to peal around corners.

It's all good.

Bruinfany2k

The people driving in the cars in the videos are awful at driving, play the game first than complain about it. I think judging from a leaked video is crazy, not trying to be a dick here but that's how I feel

DieHardPCGamer

The driving physics look very real to me, you also have to bear in mind that the people playing have only just got the game and their driving skills are awful.

AAntichrisTT

i'm one of the people who aint seen any of the leaked footage and don't intend to but all these post about weird driving... can someone explain what is so weird about it?

and for the people who think it's weird, do you actually drive yourself? as R* wanted to make driving quite realistic and each vehicle unique.

The steering looks kind of slippery, like you slide with slight movements. But i'm sure it is just something to get used to and is different in all vehicles. The one thing I noticed was when turning corners, the camera doesn't turn enough and you don't know if you're gonna hit anything. Looks amazing though.

Ill bet that the driving is better than what we seen on the leaked videos on the 29

Im make a thread about it too

Posted on Ganton Ave. Slangin Rocks.

You may be right, But I hav'nt played it yet. From the leaks all the cars seem to drive differently so it depends on the car you drive. Like on the iGN Insider evo video. It said that if you were running away from the cops, and there were 3 cars. You would choose the one with the better handling

I find it amusing but it gives a more heightened reality with the center of gravity being ON TOP of the car! I saw TWO leaked vids where the car fell on it's side then fell back upright, they refuse to flip over in most cases. The skids looked amazing, however!!! The skidmarks and smoke were a bit lacking from speculation

The guys in the movies can't drive. Don't break and steer into a corner at the same time. I think it will be the most realistic GTA ever.

i'm one of the people who aint seen any of the leaked footage and don't intend to but all these post about weird driving... can someone explain what is so weird about it?

and for the people who think it's weird, do you actually drive yourself? as R* wanted to make driving quite realistic and each vehicle unique.

You've seen the trailers? This is more of the same with the cars and trucks REALLY rocking back and forth, but they aren't in the same league as GTA SA so you needn't worry much. With the Next Gen jump, people's expectations also did a jump where they compare GTA to anything next gen around it, but the development times were more in unison so the real evolution is from GTA to GTA.... not to other current gen titles, however, we all make those comparisons just because they're unavoidable

This is like the tenth time i've seen these threads...............................GET OVER IT ARRRGHHH!!

The driving is different the city is different and the game is different build a callahan bridge and get over it.

You've seen the build as you claimed earlier, don't you find somethings lacking or built up in the hype department? I know I will find faults with it

The people on the live feeds just go full on accelerator and full on brake (some of them dont even brake) to go around corners and i also find it easier to drive with the dashboard view, you have to slow right down to go around a corner properly or press A and try and slide around it but if your going to fast the car usually just slides into the nearest object.

so do u guys think the driving will be like forza 2.... cuz when i fisrt got that game my car was all over the place bcuz of the pressure sensivity. i wasnt use to it yet but now its like how did game b4 not have this!

do you think this will be the same case in gta4.

also do any of you guys kno if u can burnout/ brake torque????

so do u guys think the driving will be like forza 2.... cuz when i fisrt got that game my car was all over the place bcuz of the pressure sensivity. i wasnt use to it yet but now its like how did game b4 not have this!

do you think this will be the same case in gta4.

also do any of you guys kno if u can burnout/ brake torque????

You can burnout. Overdo it and your tyres will heat up and explode.

I think most people were crashing so they could test the bounderies If anyone by chance saw the same YouTube clip I did, Niko has two ladies, one being Michelle in his car, and you hear the girls seemingly talk about his attire. He is driving like a madman and crashing into many things, yet the girls don't scold him like the SA homies do, so the question is, why the hell would that be????

After the girls get out, and Niko waves, he gets the cell phone call and confirms dropping off the girls to Roman. There's a mission or something going on there!?! MAybe dating??

PeripheralVisions
It looks like the faster cars slide more, which is good because you slow down less, allowing you to peal around corners.

It's all good.

Apparently you don't get how racing works.

The driving is very realistic,it changes with what cars you drive.

If your driving a sports car the better suspension it has.

If your driving a old and rusty car, the worse suspension it will have and then the car will lean a little(weight distribution).

If your driving a 4x4(high centre of gravity) and you pull the handbrake up for a turn (when driving at speed), then obviously the car will roll.

The driving is very realistic this time,even rivalling games from the racing genre...

I think most people were crashing so they could test the bounderies If anyone by chance saw the same YouTube clip I did, Niko has two ladies, one being Michelle in his car, and you hear the girls seemingly talk about his attire. He is driving like a madman and crashing into many things, yet the girls don't scold him like the SA homies do, so the question is, why the hell would that be????

After the girls get out, and Niko waves, he gets the cell phone call and confirms dropping off the girls to Roman. There's a mission or something going on there!?! MAybe dating??

I like the dialogue. One time

She actually asked Niko where his glasses were because he was wearing some the first time they went out. She said "Where'd your glasses go Niko? You looked really nice in them" The guy playing actually had to check. He was like "My glasses are gone?" I loved that. Never seen that in a game before.

I tell you what, if you think the driving is unrealistic, jump in your real car and take a corner at high speed and see what happens, lol.

Now, I didn't watch the videos so I don't know how it is in the game. I'll find out when I get it Tuesday morning at my local Gamestop.

But, if what everyone is saying the the people in the videos are driving like morons, then it will simulate a poor handling car.

I race at my local race track, so I have cars setup to take 180 degree corners at fast speeds. The fastest I made it through the turn was 60 mph, which was crazy since its only a Quarter Mile track, nuts!

So I'll see how realistic the driving is based on that. Whether it makes for a good comparison stand point, probably not, haha.

Just remember, cars don't take to kindly to high speed cornering, has a tendancy to destroy things sometimes or get a little squirrelly.

I played the game last night and i admit, the driving is different than previous GTA games. I was doing the same thing, running into things trying to turn when i did full accelerator or full brake, haha. Normally it's ok to slow down and be more precise, but i forsee issues when running from the cops. I did get slightly better with the driving as i did it more. Also you can tell the difference right away in different cars. They handle WAY differently.

I played the game last night and i admit, the driving is different than previous GTA games. I was doing the same thing, running into things trying to turn when i did full accelerator or full brake, haha. Normally it's ok to slow down and be more precise, but i forsee issues when running from the cops. I did get slightly better with the driving as i did it more. Also you can tell the difference right away in different cars. They handle WAY differently.

I definitely like that different cars handle differently.

But if its anything to be close to realistic, then its a practice makes perfect situation.

Try the same thing in real life(I don't recommend it, lol) and it'll be difficult as well, but with practice, you get experienced to it. Such as Drift Racing, difficult, but you learn.