Planes?

AussieDude

Rules.

No Flaming.

No Leak

No Spoilers.

Okay

Now I cant remembre where i heard this. Probably from one of my Friends at school. But he said That later on down the track you will be able to download areoplanes for GTA IV?

Probably just a stupid rumour. But I sure hope its not

blush.gif

Sure hope so.

If there are no planes, some, myself included will by trying our best to make it happen.

There are some decent GTA modders allready looking through the game files and working on exporting an importing tools as we speak, then the plane creators like myself can get our work into the game.

The only obstacle is time.

Just helicopters I'm afraid!

Yes. But

Rockstar havnt really Described what will be in the DLC. Just Missions More Content and More Characters. Not really describting anything IMO They might be Keeping it a secret?

Planes fly through the sky and taxi at the airport but you can not control them. This is a post 9/11 thing.

ok not vid..

offical screen IGN...

user posted image

That plane Isnt Pilotable. its just part of the realism.

Or is It sigh.gif

Planes fly through the sky and taxi at the airport but you can not control them. This is a post 9/11 thing.

Yep.

If this had not been Liberty(New York) City, then maybe. But...that is still waaaayyyyyy too sensitive an issue. I'm shocked that box cutters are a weapon, if a link is to be believed.

Yep.

If this had not been Liberty(New York) City, then maybe. But...that is still waaaayyyyyy too sensitive an issue. I'm shocked that box cutters are a weapon, if a link is to be believed.

Can I ask why?

Yeah, it's to do with post 9/11. Unfortinately some of us are sick enough to take the oppurtinity of crashing a plane into New York buildings in a video game...

Yeah, it's to do with post 9/11. Unfortinately some of us are sick enough to take the oppurtinity of crashing a plane into New York buildings in a video game...

I Understand That. Why the Hell would someone want to replicate something Horrible?

I was asking about the Box Cutters. Is there some sort of tie between Them and 9/11?

Yep.

Can I ask why?

Box cutters were used to take over the planes used on 9/11.

Yep.

Can I ask why?

Ahhh. Well I suppose that would make sense. But still. its not like they would take out the AK47 because Al-queda Uses it.

Yep.

Can I ask why?

Ahhh. Well I suppose that would make sense. But still. its not like they would take out the AK47 because Al-queda Uses it.

The difference is that the AK-47 was a well known firearm. Noboy really knew that box cutters could be dangerous before 9/11; heck, I was eleven and I had never even HEARD of box cutters.tounge.gif

Now, am I shocked as in offended? No, I'm shocked as in shocked they didn't get into just another bit of trouble.

stealthmaster

people in halo 3 stacked 2 towers of boxes and fired a missile at it and called it 9/11, but they still have boxes in the game?

i know its sad but its like taking ALL firearms away after WW2

Yep.

Can I ask why?

The difference is that the AK-47 was a well known firearm. Noboy really knew that box cutters could be dangerous before 9/11; heck, I was eleven and I had never even HEARD of box cutters.tounge.gif

Now, am I shocked as in offended? No, I'm shocked as in shocked they didn't get into just another bit of trouble.

Hmm. Well. Not wanting to sTart any sh*t Or Anything. I just want to make that Clear.

Thats not really a Big Deal. IMO that is. Box cutters have Blades. so they are weapons? and GTa is all about diverse weaponary.

Yep.

Can I ask why?

AK-47s are easy to produce, and are used by tons of military forces around the world. Just because Al-Queda used it doesn't mean it has to be expelled from the game just like the box cutters.

people in halo 3 stacked 2 towers of boxes and fired a missile at it and called it 9/11, but they still have boxes in the game?

Those were boxes. We're talking about planes and buildings. That would be a lot closer to reality than something from Halo 3. Hence why you won't be flying planes...though this is likely one of a dozen reasons.

(Before anyone tries responding, let me reiterate: I am not offended in any way by boxcutters.tounge.gif)

stealthmaster

Just becuase people died in a sad way doesnt mean we should try and forget about it either. so i for one, are for planes in GTA 4

if someone tries to replicate 9/11 then they need mental help.

Yep.

Can I ask why?

AK-47s are easy to produce, and are used by tons of military forces around the world. Just because Al-Queda used it doesn't mean it has to be expelled from the game just like the box cutters.

Yeah. So? Box Cutters Are even asier to use and are used by probably every pakaging company in the world. But should they take them out because Al-Queda Uses them?

TheDude5000

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

annhil, maverick, polmav, tourmav, androm, dodo, fighter

LOLRULES

That's what's listed in the handling.cfg file for GTA IV. Handling.cfg determines things like speed, acceleration, and other such things involving vehicles.

Edited by TheDude5000
user posted image

Yep.

Can I ask why?

Yeah. So? Box Cutters Are even asier to use and are used by probably every pakaging company in the world. But should they take them out because Al-Queda Uses them?

I know, I'm just saying. I agree with you. monocle.gif

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

That's what's listed in the handling.cfg file for GTA IV. Handling.cfg determines things like speed, acceleration, and other such things involving vehicles.

CANT YOU f*ckING READ THE RULES?!

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Cheers, made my day. icon14.gif

Sure hope so.

If there are no planes, some, myself included will by trying our best to make it happen.

There are some decent GTA modders allready looking through the game files and working on exporting an importing tools as we speak, then the plane creators like myself can get our work into the game.

The only obstacle is time.

i love you for ever

stealthmaster
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

your allowed to post spoilers with *spoiler* tags

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

your allowed to post spoilers with *spoiler* tags

Yeah. Thats the GTAForums Rules. But this is my Topic and I dont want any Spoiler info. With or without Spoiler Tags.

TheDude5000

EDIT: Aah. You want to know about planes, but then at the same time you don't. For all we know these handling lines for future downloadable vehicles.

Edited by TheDude5000
user posted image

My only wonder is that vehicles having handling lines doesn't necessarily make them playable as they need handling lines to program them for peds too.

Although I think the Dodo is a given.