No Loading Screen - A Lie

Choke-A-Bitch

Choke-A-Bitch

"After the initial load sequence, there are no loading sequences during gameplay. A Rockstar spokesperson claimed, "you can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen.""

there are loading sequences when cutscenes start. I knew Rockstar are cheap liars

And when getting out a cab or something.

whatsthat.gif

That makes me think other things on Wikipedia are lies as well.

Or is that just the 360 has loading screens?

RockStarGamer4

mission - Loading Screen

dead and respawn - Loading Screen

Enter out interier - NOT Loading Screen - rockstar says it biggrin.gif

Plumsaround

Why does it really matter?

I'm sure it's only a few seconds long anyway.

Not like VC where it would load from one place to another.

gamerzworld

I don't ever remember Rockstar saying that for Grand Theft Auto IV. They said that for Midnight Club: Los Angeles, not GTAIV.

Fuzzknuckles

FAN BOY DICKS, START YOUR ENGINES.

Seriously. This isn't worth worrying about.

The Earth is still on it's axis, you can all afford to play on a console and eat food everyday.

There are more important things to be concerned with than a 3 second loading time.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

its prolly just the 360.. remember that things about as powerful as a calculator

Probably a fanboy...

They said there is no Loading in between interiors and extiriors and there will only be loading during cutscenes, and imagine if you respawned at a hospital without a loading time, it would be like teleporting lol.

cut scene loads dont mind one bit.

entering buildings/ changing clothes etc loading, i do mind lots!!!!

-------------------------------

as for wikipedia, all entrys are written by other people. nothing is official on there, its just a collection of information. I could go on to the GTA IV wikipedia page right now and enter a bit of text saying GTA IV comes with a free cuddly toy if i wanted.

all info on wikipedia is 75% accurate.

its prolly just the 360.. remember that things about as powerful as a calculator

lol thats just askin for it dude..

oh n yeah, died and getting busted, the "loading screen" to me is a well placed pause..

you just died... let us mellow down, fade to black and start u off with a clean slate.

aint got no problems with that..

i'd be kinda annoyed if u had to load if u moved from one part of the city to the other..

cut scene loads are also fine, kinda the same principal with dieing, ur entering a mission, u get a few seconds prep time.

Its not like it takes 10mins to load a f*ckin cut scene, for f*cks sake.

Now do you understand why he was angry?

Edited by Raynos

Soviet-Sicko

Probably a fanboy...

"Probably"? lol

^_^

shut the f*ck up fanboy.

once again

IT DOESNT MATTER IF R* LIED OR NOT, you should be glad you're getting anything at all

shut the f*ck up fanboy.

once again

IT DOESNT MATTER IF R* LIED OR NOT, you should be glad you're getting anything at all

Couldnt have Put it better myself. Mind if i quote that in my Sig?

"After the initial load sequence, there are no loading sequences during gameplay. A Rockstar spokesperson claimed, "you can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen.""

there are loading sequences when cutscenes start. I knew Rockstar are cheap liars

lol It HAS to load the cutscenes...

And when you die you are transported to the nearest hospital...the game would look horrible (for a few seconds) if there was no load in between dying and showing up at the hospital.

First Of All. Your Not esentially "Playing" while your watching The Cutscene So thats not included.

And Second. ARE YOU ON SOME SORT OF CRACK? Because I would like some.

Not really a lie. They said during gameplay. You're not technically playing when you go to see a cutscene, you're just watching it. tounge2.gif

libertycity's finest

it doesent have a loading screen on either version

FANBOY DICKS ALERT

OMG OMG OMG

ITS SOOOO CLOSE

WE ARE IN SINGLE DIGITS NOW

DONT GIVE UP WE ARE SO CLOSE :D

oh n yeah, died and getting busted, the "loading screen" to me is a well placed pause..

you just died... let us mellow down, fade to black and start u off with a clean slate.

aint got no problems with that..

i'd be kinda annoyed if u had to load if u moved from one part of the city to the other..

cut scene loads are also fine, kinda the same principal with dieing, ur entering a mission, u get a few seconds prep time.

Its not like it takes 10mins to load a f*ckin cut scene, for f*cks sake.

Now do you understand why he was angry?

i agree, it's like a good pause when you die or get arrested,

you'll have a few seconds to think "Damn......." and then move on. tounge.gif

What a crock.

Who cares if there's loading screens for the missions? Does a few seconds mean anything?

F*** some people complain about the most insignificant things. sarcasm.gif

They said the world doesn't load. No interior to outdoor load. I told people this, but everyone assumed there were never loads. The game HAS to load. You can't not load things.

And when getting out a cab or something.

Shouldn't that be seamless? At OP does it really matter that much to you?

Vanilla Shake

They only said that there would not be any loading when entering other boroughs and entering/exiting buildings. Of course the game has to load the cutscenes.

Just be grateful that you're getting the chance to play in such a large and insanely detailed city without loading between boroughs, not to mention the amount of things for you to do in your spare time. Rockstar could've just called it quits after San Andreas y'know.

Edited by Vanilla Shake

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Oh really shut up...

why are you so angry?

Because you're annoying. It's ot the first time they've "lied" plenty of things have been changed, removed, added, misinterpreted, rumoured, etc since the game was announced but we don't really care for the most part. The game is gonna rock!

it's pretty much the same as gta SA

go wherever you want on a long magical journey

and you won't see a single load screen.

do something in depth (die in a neighbourhood without a hospital, start a mission (loadin cutscenes is a fair job, they're all entirely scripted, on R* bloke was sayin that they scripted moving liquid in glases in one cutscene) or get busted) and you'll get a load screen (little bit longer than i would have liked, but hey gta IV is a massive game, the load times could be worse. like midnight club on the PSP worse. 3 mins until you can do anything anywhere tounge2.gif

so yea. they didnt lie when they said you'll see no load screens when ur playin, cuz ur not playin when you're watchin a vid or watchin urself get busted. you're watching...

and plz, anyone who wants to insult R*....

leave

now

forever.

and while ur at it, give ur copy of GTA IV away... u dont deserve to play it.

Jon_Andersson

How can you say that it doesent matter if R* lied to us? We are paying customers and it would be like if a car dealer lied about the car you were about to buy.

like midnight club on the PSP worse. 3 mins until you can do anything anywhere tounge2.gif

No, like BLitz the League for PS2 angry.gif I swear, 5 minute load times.