WTF is wrong with my GTA4

aussiebob

After picking up my copy of GTA today, i couldn't wait to get home and play.

Loaded the game, then after the intro, it started happening.

Very bad problems.

The rendering(is that what you call it?) of the buildings and ground took forever to stream.

The ground had no textures and the cars floated in the air.

The buildings also blurred as i stood right next to them waiting for the textures to load up.

If that wasn't bad enough, doing the driving missions i would smash into invisible walls only to find a brick wall pop up 5 seconds later!

Don't get me wrong, the graphics are absolutely awesome but theses issues really hamper the gameplay to such an extent, that replaying simple missions are often needed because of them.

What could be the problem?

Edit: O.K, thanks for everyones help.

I'd just like to update the situation.

I just cleared the cache on my hard drive and then formatted just to see what happens.

After loading up the game the issues were still there just a little, that is until i saved the game then loaded up again.

Lo and behold the problems have disappeared, absolutely gone.

I drove really fast to see if the streaming lags and at last it is displaying the textures correctly.

I've been playing for hours on end and have had no issues whatsoever!

So, it had something to do with the hard drive after all.

Absolutely amazing game so far, amazing!

Edited by aussiebob

MagicNarcosis

Very bad problems.

The rendering(is that what you call it?) of the buildings and ground took forever to stream.

The buildings also blurred as i stood right next to them waiting for the textures to load up.

If that wasn't bad enough, doing the driving missions i would smash into invisible walls only to find a brick wall pop up 5 seconds later!

Don't get me wrong, the graphics are absolutely awesome but theses issues really hamper the gameplay to such an extent, that replaying simple missions are often needed because of them.

stop f*cking with people homie.

in before lock..

Very bad problems.

i don't know.... but it's a punishment for getting it early wink.gif... just kidding, i know you got it legitimately smile.gif not illegally like all these other people and you weren't and asshole about leaking spoilers so it's ok

i'd say you have to return it for a new one, it sounds completely screwed up

sorry, that sucks that it happened, good luck wink.gif

Umm its probably ur system or because you have a xbox 360 with no hard drive or something. All the gameplay videos i've seen none of the stuff you said happened. So its not the game.

It's the 360 version.

I know it's not my 360 because i've just received my refurbished Xbox from microsoft.

No other game of mine has any of these problems

TheCarLEssDriven

Sorry but you didnt just "Go out & pick it up" You probably got a leaked version that was screwed up or missing some parts.

Only a handful of actual copies have slipped through stores. Rockstar stated this yesterday. I dont have a link, some website had it.

Sorry but you didnt just "Go out & pick it up" You probably got a leaked version that was screwed up or missing some parts.

Only a handful of actual copies have slipped through stores. Rockstar stated this yesterday. I dont have a link, some website had it.

Actually they have been released early here in Australia, i got mine from a local mom and pop store, so please don't judge before you know the truth.

Very bad problems.

Damn that isn't good.

Sure we the people on the forum can fix your disk.

Man just take it the eff back and explain the problem jeez.

GTA3Freak-2001

Well he is an Aussie and there were two online stores who accidently sent out the game early to some people, I'd say he has a legit copy of the game.

As for your problem, you are probably going to be on your own for a while because the number of people with the legit game are rather small.

video...or your f*cking with us.

Look i have no reason to f*ck around with anyone, all i would like to know is what it could be, that's all.

brandon92701

your full of it i just watched live streaming video for 5 hours and noticed nothing like that. I did how ever notice some times peds can take bout 10-30 seconds to show up in an area.

All of the things he described have been topics here, most were just people trying to ruin the hype. Since no official review has been effected with these problems, I call Shenanigans.

Shootin_spree

Look i have no reason to f*ck around with anyone, all i would like to know is what it could be, that's all.

either you got a f*cked version, you are playing on a wrecked xbox 360 or ps3 or you just have the worst luck in the world.

GTA3Freak-2001

Sounds to me more like either a fault with the game disc or a fault with your Xbox 360 or PS3(not sure if you mentioned what console you are playing it on)

ive seen this ALOT in gameplay vids. it f*cking ridiculously annoying and makes the game look bad. hopefully theres some kind of update or some sh*t

ive seen this ALOT in gameplay vids. it f*cking ridiculously annoying and makes the game look bad. hopefully theres some kind of update or some sh*t

So other people have similar problems?

Take what I say with a grain of salt since I'm no console owner, but didn't Sam Houser mention in his recent 1up or ign article that during the development of the game the 360 had issues with popups (like your describing) when using a 360 without a hard-drive?

It's the 360 version.

I know it's not my 360 because i've just received my refurbished Xbox from microsoft.

No other game of mine has any of these problems

A few questions before the lock:

Do you have a harddrive? If so, did you do the install?

yea this streaming issue or texture pop in as they call it is present in most of the gameplay videos i have seen so far but its not anywhere near as serious as this guy is claiming...

Take what I say with a grain of salt since I'm no console owner, but didn't Sam Houser mention in his recent 1up or ign article that during the development of the game the 360 had issues with popups (like your describing) when using a 360 without a hard-drive?

Actually i was playing with a memory card then switched to the hard drive and still no difference.

IF this is a legit copy, you shouldn't have any problems with getting a new, working copy off the shop you bought it from. And, can you see any evident censorship?

So other people have similar problems?

i guess so. ive seen this happen in almost all the vids ive seen. not from the same person so its not the console. it'll either be a tree or a wall and theres those "super jumps" that pop up too.

I just watched two separate feeds over the last two days, and not a single moment did either of them have any of the problem you supposedly have. I call fake or you need to punt your console.

brandon92701

you notice aussie bob is still here reading these posts looks to me he just wants to get reactions. you know hes a lil bored. If he had the game hed still be playing it not in a forum.