HDTV > TV

BigV

Just wanted you guys to know that If you have a LCD at home thats capable of performing HD and don't have any other HDTV at home, use it! It's going to be a much more enjoyable experience. Today, I bought the VGA Adapter for the 360, and when I fired up one of my games, I noticed nearly a 3x graphics increase! I have a 22" 226bw samsung (widescreen). That is all smile.gif

I'm pretty sure 99% of the human population knows a HIGH DEFINITION picture is going to be superior to a STANDARD DEFINITION picture.

Then again, with some of the posts I've seen today...

I'm just recommending. I didn't even know my LCD would have such amazing graphics compared to my regular non-HDTV. It's great!

Saved me over 1k for a HDTV just for GTA: IV.

Bruinfany2k

22"? That's all? I want to get a 32" TV but not sure if I can afford it yet. I was looking at the Vizio Brand TV's anyone have one or heard anything about them?

really? in about a week im getting the same screen whats it like?? ive alredy got my vga cable biggrin.gif thanks for wat ever you can tell me about it with games youl get more preformance out of a computer moniter than a hd tv anywayz smile.gif since theyre resolutions are higher i think.

Got myself a 26" Sony BRAVIA for £500 last year for my PS3 and it is amazing. Runs at 720p or 1080i.

I was going to say 'no sh*t sherlock', but i don't think this thread even deserves that. My 42inch Vierra is going to get its moneys worth out of it next week.

really? in about a week im getting the same screen whats it like?? ive alredy got my vga cable biggrin.gif thanks for wat ever you can tell me about it with games youl get more preformance out of a computer moniter than a hd tv anywayz smile.gif since theyre resolutions are higher i think.

I own this monitor too and play 360 on it - it is very nice but don't be fooled, nothing beats a true HDTV for consoles - yeah monitors are higher res, but when you use it on the monitor first thing you will notice is out the colours look a lot more washed out - this isnt a fault or anything, its just the way monitors are vs TV sets which are tuned for more colour saturation.... its the same probs will all monitors - probably the best monitor Ive ever seen using 360/VGA are the higher end dell..... make no mistake, this samsung monitor is excellent, but a hdtv set kicks ass

going to play it on a late 80's toshiba TV.

not going to say it's crap though, because it isn't. just because technology advanced, doesn't mean SDTV's are crap.

games just look better on HDTV.

i just hope there are no text problems in the PS3 version on SDTV.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the human population knows a HIGH DEFINITION picture is going to be superior to a STANDARD DEFINITION picture.

yea the HINT is in the NAMES

while i sit here with a mild headache all I can think about after reading this thread thread is suicidal.gif

The point of this thread is to tell people to use their LCD for high definition instead of their TV as some people (such as me) didn't know that they could do this until today......Think a bit.

Seeing people trying to convince themselves that SD looks better than HD in GTA4 because they think there's less "blur" has been rather hilarious, I must say.

when i upgraded to an xbox elite after my original one died, used the HD cable and was blown away by the actual difference HD makes.

The point of this thread is to tell people to use their LCD for high definition instead of their TV as some people (such as me) didn't know that they could do this until today......Think a bit.

problem is getting it to work. there are lots of ways. personally I have a 19" LG LCD monitor. it has DVI. I don't know if I should get DVI-HDMI or whatever. and how do I make the sound work?

it's complicated. life is complicated. and you don't wanna spend your money if you're not sure...

problem is getting it to work. there are lots of ways. personally I have a 19" LG LCD monitor. it has DVI. I don't know if I should get DVI-HDMI or whatever. and how do I make the sound work?

it's complicated. life is complicated. and you don't wanna spend your money if you're not sure...

I got a buddy for that to help me out. For sound, my sound is coming from my television, and blends in nicely. My LCD and my TV are next to each other. About DVI, I am not 100% sure.

IIDeathCubeKII

Yes I have my PS3 hooked up via HDMI to my 55" 1080p Sony Bravia. I can't wait to run my first ped over, oh and full surround sound too for the thud and bone snapping.

IIDeathCubeKII
37 inch i would never get anything over 42 inchs tho the inmage gets distorted

My 55" is 95% as sharp as my 20" HD monitor and allot better colours.

You sure it was nearly 3x better? Could have been 4x? monocle.gif

3x in my opinion. 4x, possibly with a bit wider screen.

Do half the people posting crap in here even know what the OP is talking about? He's not talking about buying a HDTV because it's better than SD, he's saying to save money if you haven't bought the HDTV and to buy a cord that can be hooked up to a PC monitor, which is HD.

I was just going to use my PC monitor (19" LCD @ 1280x1024) but last weekend I walked past a 32" HD LCD in Tesco and was like "Hmmm".

Damn impulse buying.

The 360 looks awesome on it though.

22"? That's all? I want to get a 32" TV but not sure if I can afford it yet. I was looking at the Vizio Brand TV's anyone have one or heard anything about them?

I have a vizio 32 inch bought in sept. Its been a great tv. I drive home from school and take it with me in the back of my truck and nothings happened so thats cool. The picture is great for the price. Obv a LG has a little better quality but for 650 the 32' by vizio is a great choice. price might have gone down by now

37 inch i would never get anything over 42 inchs tho the inmage gets distorted

Bull, the images dont get distorted in any way.. Its the same amount of pixels. If anything, maybe the bigger screens allow more flaws to show through.

Im on a Toshiba 42" 1080p LCD (42RV530U) biggrin.gif. Paid around $1,400 for it since i decided to go for the 5yr warranty.

TBH id never settle for one of the cheap bargain brands. If im gonna pay money for a product, might as well pay a lil more and get a name brand (Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, etc) which will undoubtedly have superior picture.

Edited by azndvl

Rambone2007

I have a Samsung 46" 1080p LCD. I can't wait to play GTA4 on it. Those leaked videos don't do the game justice.