Midnight Openings

illspirit

Here are links to lists of stores opening at midnight on the 28th. If you find any more, post them, and we'll update the list. A number of the stores will only stay open for 15-30 minutes after midnight. Some stores might sell out, so it would probably be a good idea to show up a little early in case there's a line.

Australia

EB (No list, but several people have said it's all stores. Might want to ring them to be sure.)

Belgium

GameMania (+ free posters - only preorders)

At The Movies - Wetteren

Extrazone

Canada

Future Shop

Wal-Mart

Denmark

Blockbuster

EB (Another with no list, supposedly all stores.)

Finland

Tilt (I can't read the site to find a list. blush.gifYukiEiri says a few are opening though)

VPD

Ireland

Xtravision (no list, should be all stores nationwide though)

Netherlands

Mediamarkt (can't find a list of stores, but several people have reported midnight openings)

New Zealand

EB (all stores?)

Norway

•Spaceworld - Oslo (opens midnight, no list.)

•Game - Bogstadveien, Oslo; Kirkegata

South Africa

BT Games

Sweden

•Game- Malmö (possibly more/all?)

UK

Game

Asda (all stores)

Gamestation (probably all stores, but they don't have a list..)

HMV (no list of stores on site, might want to call first)

USA

GameStop/EB

Best Buy

Blockbuster (site is crap, but most will probably stay open a bit after midnight to sell IV)

Hastings (this guy got an e-mail from customer service saying they'll be open)

•Wal-Mart (if your local store is open 24/7, then you should be able to get the game at midnight)

Wow. I didn't know my local store would be doing it. I wish I could have went now.

Ok, if you have a copy pre-ordered, do you necassarily have to go to a Midnight Release to get it? Or can you wait later that day to pick it up. I mean, the whole point of pe-ordering is to ensure you get a copy on release day right?

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

most places like game stop will hold your reservation for 48 hours so you can indeed go mid-day on tuesday or wednesday and still get your reserved copy.

Sweet. That's probably what I will do then. I don't feel like waiting in a line for several hours.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Gamestation are. Walking past one of their branches earlier was a poster in the window saying "This store will be opening at 00:01 to release GTA IV".

I know Game owns Gamestation, but alot of people don't know this.

For reference, I'm in Southampton, England.

d653p.png

yeah gamestation in Edinburgh are doing it too, but there is:

strictly no under 18's - pre-orders only - no trade in's on the night and are open from 11.30 pm

Gamestation in the UK are definatley opening at midnight mate.

I have been on the phone to them none stop and will be there for the release cnt wait smile.gif

I'm attending the midnight opening at GameStop in the Dartmouth Mall in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA.

What's the deal with Wal-Mart? Are they taking preorders or first come first serve at midnight?

Anyone from Dublin know if gamestop donaghmede are doing a midnight release

Eb games winnipeg up on kennasten <-spelling on that street mite be need...is having a midnight release.

moonracer1313

I've never done a midnight/wait in line purchase, but now that my store is doing it and it's GTAIV there's no way I can resist. It ought to be quite entertaining and embarrassing. Though I'd be surprised if more than ten people were at the GameStop in Hadley, MA at midnight I can at least pray for one teenage boy dragging his tired parents along.

As far as I know gamestation are not owned by Game.

Gamestation in Reading is doing an 00:01 launch. Will it be really busy? Ive got my preorder there but I dont know if i need to get there early and que, there are 2 Game stores in Reading also doing the launch aswell as several supermarkets and blockbusters, so I'm not expecting it to be stupidly busy.

Luke

All Gamestops in the Iowa & Illinois Quad Cities are opening at midnight CDT (central daylight time) I will be at the West Kimberly store next to Walmart!! cool.gif

My local HMV (Southampton, UK) reckoned that they might be opening at midnight. They said 'watch the front window for a sign, nearer the time'. Still no sign yet, however. confused.gif They opened at midnight for GTA:SA, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

the game crazy where i ordered mine(maryland) is having a midnight release... if that is anyhelp to anyone.

Some, if not all, EB Games locations in Ontario (maybe all of Canada) are doing midnight releases - opening at 12:01AM, closing at 2 I think. Got the phone call just an hour or two ago.

sysnode.org

NYC_55david

in reference to the Australian midnight launches, i'm not sure if there are any Aussies from Tassie here, but i know my local store in Glenorchy is doing one (my friend works for them so i get prime position biggrin.gif) and pretty much every store in the Hobart area is doing them. I would think that if a place as small as Tassie/Hobart is doing them, then big ciities such as Sydney and Melbourne would be doing them!

In Finland shop called Tilt is selling XBox360 arcade and GTA IV to the first five for 1€, that's about 1,6$

Helsinki Citykäytävä and Tampere Tuomiokirkonkatu stores will open at 00:00.

***** EDIT *****

Normal prize for the game is 69,95€

and 99,95€ for the special edition.