R* copied Saint's Row?

jakesp

Due to the fact that I can't wait I fished out my copy of SR and found remembered that you have a mobile phone like Niko does and that you can fly through the windscreen if you crash. What other things have been copied??? Its not looking good. I suppose Volition could've stolen GTA IV ideas 3 years ago.

mrdanny2005

They are the same type of game, do you expect them to be different in everyway?

P.S. I hate Saints Row

Idiot. The cell phone feature was in San Andreas and this is just an improvement in Gta IV. It's not hard to think of a feature like that.

Due to the fact that I can't wait I fished out my copy of SR and found remembered that you have a mobile phone like Niko does and that you can fly through the windscreen if you crash. What other things have been copied??? Its not looking good. I suppose Volition could've stolen GTA IV ideas 3 years ago.

man rockstar hasn't copied sh*t. these r just all things that should be in the game anyway. the day rockstar has to copy saints row will be the day i stop playing grand theft auto

mar01006765

I was playing SR last week and also noticed a truck with "TW@" on the side in massive green letters. Same as the interchoob cafes on IV... But really, f*ck SR, they copied GTA so I don't care what R* have ripped off them. f*ck 'em. lol rampage_ani.gif

edit: spelling

I was playing SR last week and also noticed a truck with "TW@" on the site in massive green letters. Same as the interchoob cafes on IV... But really, f*ck SR, they copied GTA so I don't care what R* have ripped off them. f*ck 'em. lol rampage_ani.gif

TW@ was in GTA III...

Sent from my ayePhone

I was playing SR last week and also noticed a truck with "TW@" on the site in massive green letters.  Same as the interchoob cafes on IV...  But really, f*ck SR, they copied GTA so I don't care what R* have ripped off them. f*ck 'em. lol  rampage_ani.gif

TW@ was in GTA III.

Edit: STFU ADAMCS mad.gif

mar01006765
I was playing SR last week and also noticed a truck with "TW@" on the site in massive green letters.  Same as the interchoob cafes on IV...  But really, f*ck SR, they copied GTA so I don't care what R* have ripped off them. f*ck 'em. lol  rampage_ani.gif

TW@ was in GTA III...

ahh rite.. thanks

Saints row was always there purely to fill the gap between SA and IV and its not bad just a clone.

Gta IV King

f*ck OFF!!! Saints row copied R* you f*cking twat! GTFO NOW!!!

Games I own:

GTA IV/SA/VC/III, COD4/3/2, Gears Of War, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike, Bio Shock, Halo 3, The Club, Frontline: fuel of war, Rb6v 1/2, Army Of Two, Guitar Hero 2/3, Forza 2, Far cry, PGR 3/4, Spiderman 3, Colin Mcrae Dirt, Saints Row, Fifa 06/07/08, Oblivion, Amped 3, G.R.A.W 1/2, Crackdown, Skate, Dead rising, Sonic, every Lara Croft ever made (I've always loved it since the first Tomb raider)... Won't include Xbox 1, PS1/2 or N64 games because it'll take all day to write...

Oh, yes I'm a geek...

Warning: Just for the topic title you could be flamed.

Well if you want to use the word "copy" than ok. But "copying" a little thing like that is nothing compared to Saints Row "copying" the entire GTA franchise.

I don't think that Rockstar copied it. Rockstar is simply replicating today's modern world in a made-up city. Let's face it, cell phones are a big part of today's modern world.

Flying through windshields is just another realistic feature. Using the word "copy" really doesn't make sense. It's more "reality".

/facepalm

didnt the player have a mobile phone in the first GTA3 game ?

I played Saints Row once, I turned it off after about 20 minutes as i found it extremely horrible and buggy. I discovered you could enter cars by standing on the bonnet pressing the enter car button and you were instantly teleported into the driving seat, it was an awful awful game and shouldn't even be compared to any of the GTA series!

Somebody's really looking for a nosebleed by starting a thread like this with a topic like that in a place like this.

Capricornus
Idiot. The cell phone feature was in San Andreas and this is just an improvement in Gta IV. It's not hard to think of a feature like that.

LMFAO. I agree.

And some people need to take note that during game play your MUTE player in SR never actually took out his phone and put it up to his ear, he only did this in cutscenes. Niko actually does it during gameplay.

caprisig.jpg

Phone since San Andreas?

The noble pager has been in GTA since its invention in 1998!

What I meant by the phone was not the fact that he had one but in SR its got menus and sh*t like in IV

mar01006765
/facepalm

didnt the player have a mobile phone in the first GTA3 game ?

I played Saints Row once, I turned it off after about 20 minutes as i found it extremely horrible and buggy. I discovered you could enter cars by standing on the bonnet pressing the enter car button and you were instantly teleported into the driving seat, it was an awful awful game and shouldn't even be compared to any of the GTA series!

cookie.gif

Saints Row actually copied most of GTA San Andreas and prior (VC and 3). Many reviewers at the time actually noted that Saints Row was worth buying if you were a GTA fan because it essentially just took the 3D GTA games and gave them a next-gen aesthetic.

Well one thing i did notice is that the circular radar police system that they now use(line-of-sight)(if you watched the gameplay and read the previews) they had this in the game Scarface, which was actually not that bad; not even close to any GTA but it had some cool features.

Saints Row actually copied most of GTA San Andreas and prior (VC and 3). Many reviewers at the time actually noted that Saints Row was worth buying if you were a GTA fan because it essentially just took the 3D GTA games and gave them a next-gen aesthetic.

like a said it filled the gap and had online even if it kinda sucked

Rockstar and GTA games have had the mobile phone since Vice City. GTA 3 had a pager but in no way did it copy what Saints Row offers as features.

Due to the fact that I can't wait I fished out my copy of SR and found remembered that you have a mobile phone like Niko does and that you can fly through the windscreen if you crash. What other things did SR do awfully that GTAIV will now well and give it the attention it deserves??? Its not looking good. I suppose Volition could've stolen GTA IV ideas 3 years ago.

Fixed.

Those features are what we asked for after previous gtas were released. Saints row basically made their game with the missing gta features in mind.

Phone since San Andreas?

The noble pager has been in GTA since its invention in 1998!

FTW. colgate.gif