HMV Copies Are On The Way To You!

Clockwork Ninja

Clockwork Ninja

Just got the email

"Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon"

Its special delivery so that normally means 2 days max so by that logic should get her sat/mon i'd guess!

smile.gif

Just got the email

Its special delivery so that normally means 2 days max so by that logic should get her sat/mon i'd guess!

smile.gif

Who did you order with?

Btw, you're a lucky bastard. I don't think any game shops over here in the states ship before release day sad.gif.

Clockwork Ninja
Just got the email

smile.gif

Who did you order with?

Btw, you're a lucky bastard. I don't think any game shops over here in the states ship before release day sad.gif.

HMV was who i ordered with, they give you stuff for ordering with them and what can i say i like free stuff (in this instance 1000ms points, prob enough to get the dlc content) smile.gif

Just got the email

smile.gif

Who did you order with?

HMV was who i ordered with, they give you stuff for ordering with them and what can i say i like free stuff (in this instance 1000ms points, prob enough to get the dlc content) smile.gif

Ahh, don't know who they are tounge.gif. I've been hoping I could get my copy at least a day early (on Monday), but it doesn't seem like that will happen, as even game.co.uk is supposedly not shipping until Saturday for 2 day shipping or Monday for next day orders sad.gif. I ordered with GameStop, and all they will tell me is that it ships the day of release, which would seem worthless because then it means we don't get our game on the day of release, instead its the next day (Wednesday), or even later for others.

MysteryGamer

Good for you I haven't received such an e-mail as yet only one yesterday to confirm HMV will send out Grand Theft Auto IV with Royal Mail Special Delivery.

I hope my Special Edition gets dispatched soon and receiving the game on Saturday would be awesome. Monday seems more like a likely day for it to turn up but fingers crossed. icon14.gif

I ordered from Hoomv, and i aint got no such email. just one saying that all orders are sent by special delivery now..

Clockwork Ninja
I ordered from Hoomv, and i aint got no such email. just one saying that all orders are sent by special delivery now..

your get one soon trust me smile.gif

I have just spoken to a staff member at HMV at lunch time and he said that even though the game shows as shipped it is actually still in their distribution centre and will not be picked up by the royal mail until Sunday.

from skillednutter on the avforums

AVForums

I've got the SE from Amazon on express delivery which is being dispatched on Mon ready to arrive before 1pm on Tuesday or my delivery money back. Cool.

Clockwork Ninja
I have just spoken to a staff member at HMV at lunch time and he said that even though the game shows as shipped it is actually still in their distribution centre and will not be picked up by the royal mail until Sunday.

AVForums

can't be true as they are being sent special delivery which is next day delivery/2 days max. If they were going normal mail then they would be shipped on friday/saturday.

A GAME worker made a post saying that GTA IV normal editions(I ordered) are going to be picked up tommorow BY ROYAL MAIL from the GAME warehouse, and I have NEVER had a Royal Mail 1st class package or letter take longer then a day to get here so I will be getting Monday and Tuesday LATEST.

Edited by MrGizmo

AVForums

can't be true as they are being sent special delivery which is next day delivery/2 days max. If they were going normal mail then they would be shipped on friday/saturday.

why can't it be true? they will be shipped sunday and delivered monday via special delivery.

loads of websites do this kind of thing for big releases, i.e. show its been dispatched when its not as they are getting ready to ship them all out with ample time to spare so there's little to no problems.

Clockwork Ninja

AVForums

why can't it be true? they will be shipped sunday and delivered monday via special delivery.

loads of websites do this kind of thing for big releases, i.e. show its been dispatched when its not as they are getting ready to ship them all out with ample time to spare so there's little to no problems.

No mate it can't be true because they have taken the money from the accounts. Consumer law says you are not allowed to charge people in advance for things. You can only charge them once the item has been posted. So if they haden't posted it they would have broken consumer law. Now this is HMV were talking about, a company that will have loads of officalls and people monitoring their practices due to the size of it.

AVForums

No mate it can't be true because they have taken the money from the accounts. Consumer law says you are not allowed to charge people in advance for things. You can only charge them once the game has been posted. So if they haden't posted it they would have broken consumer law. Now this is HMV were talking about, a company that will have loads of officalls and people monitoring their practices due to the size of it.

Clockwork Ninja, I bet you I will recieve the game on the same day that you do.

I ordered with GAME by the way.

Clockwork Ninja

AVForums

No mate it can't be true because they have taken the money from the accounts. Consumer law says you are not allowed to charge people in advance for things. You can only charge them once the game has been posted. So if they haden't posted it they would have broken consumer law. Now this is HMV were talking about, a company that will have loads of officalls and people monitoring their practices due to the size of it.

Clockwork Ninja, I bet you I will recieve the game on the same day that you do.

I ordered with GAME by the way.

Ok Gizmo and what day will that be? smile.gif

AVForums

That's not how it works. I'm guessing it'll be like my PS3 on launch day; Play dispatched it on special delivery 8 days before launch, but all the orders were held at the delivery depot under Sony's instruction. This meant that ALL the launch PS3s were "Out for delivery" on launch day, and as it was didn't have time to deliver them all so mine was a day late mad.gif

My point is that even though it's been despatched it doesn't mean it's on its way to you. Judging by the amount of people who've preordered, I'm not going to be at all surprised if I get mine on 30/04 or even 01/05.

Dear DANNY [second Name Disclosed],

Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty          Format          Title                                            Price    Estimated Delivery

1  HC  XBOX 360 GAME  GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV)  £39.99  2-5 days

Oh Yeah!

Clockwork Ninja

Just did some more research into what i said on the other thread. It would appear under Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002 that all online electonics goods companies MUST post the item to be dispatched within 12hrs of TAKING the money from an account online. So this would mean 3am tonight would be the latest they can hold it. So as i said they would get a huge fine and risk their online license if they ignored this law. So pretty safe to assume its been posted smile.gif

Rockstar*Ren
I've got the SE from Amazon on express delivery which is being dispatched on Mon ready to arrive before 1pm on Tuesday or my delivery money back. Cool.

Yea I did the same but to be honest I'd rather they keep my money and I get IV on the day (or the day before tounge.gif )...actually I'd rather I have the extra £7 for supplies e.g. Doritos and Dr.Pepper and the game but beggers can't be choosers and all that crap.