I want to punch my mayor in the face.

Saggy

So, I was reading up on local news when I noticed this...

"Mayor says prayer is working in Yakima"

YAKIMA -- It's working, says Yakima Mayor Dave Edler. Just take a look around.

From dropping crime rates to efforts to revitalize the downtown area, prayer is transforming this city, he says.

"My sense is when the name of our city of Yakima is bouncing around the halls of heaven, God responds," says Edler...

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/3434

How f*cking stupid can you be? This isn't an argument about God or anything, but how are you going to attribute success to prayer and then explain a lack of success when the amount of prayer stays the same? Not only that, but it's pretty insulting to the people in the community that actually did something instead of just "pray" like the cops that helped keep crime down, and the local businesses that stayed put despite our downtown basically going bankrupt--and that's not even mentioning the countless volunteer workers. He contends we've had some kind of economic boom over the last years, but if that's to be attributed to anything, it would be the several retail giants that just lately moved in like BestBuy and Home Depot along with our burgeoning wineries--which, ironically, have lead to an increase in drunk driving all around this part of the state according to the Washington State Patrol, which is now requesting more troopers to deal with it. In the mean time, this whole effort to " revitalize" downtown is nothing but a money-pit in disguise, with the main goal being to try to get the shoppers out of the giant retail stores and shopping at local shops again. In the end, though, the only business even keeping our downtown alive are the wineries; in the mean time, the city is wasting thousands on street work trying to improve the look of it when that really doesn't have anything to do with it. And now this? It's like a giant slap in the face to anyone that's actually tried to do something positive for the community.

And I don't know what the f*ck he's smoking when he thinks crime rates are down. We were just ranked 9th in the nation for car thefts, and we've had more murders in the first four months of this year than the whole of last year, plus a rash of arsons and gang-related shootings. The shootings have been the worse, we had about 30 last year, and right now we're already at 20. That's just the ones that are actually reported.

My guess is he really didn't put that much thought into it and was just making a publicity statement for the National Day of Prayer. Still, when I read that, I just had to face-palm.

Anyone else hate their city's leadership? I'd attend some city council meetings or something, but unfortunately they don't respect the opinion of anyone that isn't a Christian conservative. Anyway, just wanted to bitch about my town again.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

Basicly the guy is saying everythings great when its not and then saying praying is improving the area. colgate.gif

I want to punch your mayor in the face. My town has got it's fair share of problems, but at least our mayor doesn't attribute "success" to prayer. But parking tickets can really f*ck your week up around here. If you don't show up in court to pay it right on time, the days that you miss really tack on some extra cash. And they don't even give you the option to mail them in like most other places that I've gotten tickets have done. And to top it all off the judge is a pretty nasty bitch. Her appearance actually makes it harder for me to go there and pay my tickets on time. Last time, she told me that if I failed to pay 100 dollars I'd go to jail for 15 days (over a f*cking parking ticket). However, I was slightly high and thought she'd said that I would have 15 days to pay it. So on the way out I say to the lady to whom i had to pay the ticket and said "I think she said I had 15 days to pay it, right?" and the judge stands up out of her chair and goes "I DID NOT SAY THAT!!I DID NOT SAYYYY THAT!!!" I had to bite my tongue so hard in order to hold back laughing. Oh, and the Mayor is my 2nd cousin mercie_blink.gif

The Unvirginiser

What a mong

People like him shouldn't be in power when you give a half-arsed answer like that

Sorry, but I'm to lazy to read all that. tounge.gif

Could you trim it a little ?

Then f*ck off, if you don't want to take two minutes to read it don't bother.

user posted image

I agree Bad Boy i mean who wants to read so much about politics a small amount a day is enough for me. Which is about 2 lines.

Jesus'En'Hitler420

Piece of sh*t.

I agree Bad Boy i mean who wants to read so much about politics a small amount a day is enough for me. Which is about 2 lines.

Piece of sh*t.

They say they are public servants, yet they never set foot in public unless it's to speak at a podium, in front of hundreds of cheering idiots. There's no wonder as to why nothing gets done by government.

Mike Tequeli

You've got to be f*cking kidding me. He attributed success to prayer and wants everyone in America to pray at the same time to make the nation a better place. That's f*cking pathetic, it has to be the worst political statement I've ever heard, I still cannot get over this.

I was just thinking today about how much I hate all forms of municipal government and this is really the icing on the cake, I'd love to complain about the prick mayors I've known but they all pale in comparison to this asshole.

Move.

user posted image

Move.

Oh, trust me, I plan to.

What troubles me the most is not that he said it, it's that I think he truly believes it. That's the scary part.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

GodfatherITB

Wow, what a dumb sh*t. I fully endorse you in punching him in the face.

And if you're too lazy to even read the topic then don't even post in it. Idiots.