amazon

monamonkey

why has game and play emailed there pre order customers but amazon havnt i hope i didnt pre order from the wrong place.

AAntichrisTT

because amazon doesn't love you, you were a mistake, it was only the fact that amazon didn't want to get frowned at when they went to church that they didn't put you up for adoption when you were born.

unlucky tounge.gif

homicide187

I'm not sure if Amazon always do email their customers.

When i ordered Mario Kart Wii the other week, i never received an email and yet the game came the day before release.

AmityvilleMd

Amazon doesn't email until product ships, and with overnight shipping you might get the game before the e-mail.

AAntichrisTT
Maybe because Amazon doesn't do that

@AAntichris: Epic Fail.

awesome, my first fail

dingusmaloy

yeah i was wondering same thing but according to there website they only email you when they have sent the order not before so by monday if u dont get a email saying they sent it im prolly guessing u aint gettin it on tuesday yo!

i pre ordered with amazon i sent the a email before asking will i get gta 4 on my dispatch date of 25th as its supposed to come out on the 29th and i got this reply which is interesting

I have checked your order #****** and we are still waiting on the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition.

We still expect to dispatch your order #********** by the date listed in Your Account: April 24, 2008.

When we dispatch it from our Fulfilment Centre we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

hope this helps

Ordered mine from Amazon waaaaaaaayyyyyy back in September and i've been getting worried this week for some reason even though i've never had probs with them before on pre-orders so I e-mailed them and they told me my order was due to be despatched on the 29th...

I'M SORRY BUT WTF...I ORDERED 7 MONTHS AGO, SURELY IT SHOULD BE DESPATCHED ON THE 28TH TO ARRIVE TO ME ON THE 29TH?

If I don't get it on Tuesday i'll be most upset and I think the girlfriend'll be p*ssed too, she's sick of hearing about this game...bless her... sneaky2.gif

dingusmaloy

yeah i know how u feel im worried too but i work late at tescos on monday night so im gonna try and buy it at 12 midnight from there when i finnish just means hanging around for an hour lol then eventually haveing to send back the one i orderd from amazon to get a refund guess its worth the hassle otherwise i know m gonna be sittin infront the letterbox watching the clock for it to arrive pullin my hair out >.>

i pre ordered mine january 2007 so that could be why maybe not that early but it was early 2007

i pre ordered mine january 2007 so that could be why maybe not that early but it was early 2007

Maybe...but surely they know how many the very least amount of copies they need are due to all the pre-orders, I can fully understand them being unable to meet delivery on release date for people who have ordered recently but I ordered 7 months ago, I think that's substantial time for them to be able to honour my order for release date.

which postage option did you choose and was is special edition?

I chose first class delivery which i've never had a problem with before, every pre-order i've ever made has been first class and it's always arrived on time... and no, it's not the SE just the standard edition.

I mean...maybe i'm just worrying over nothing and it'll get here on time after all but I can't help worrying, that e-mail didn't sound too promising and this is the game i've been looking forward to the most since buying my PS3 last year. I ordered the console on the same day I pre-ordered the game.

AnotherDave

Maybe...but surely they know how many the very least amount of copies they need are due to all the pre-orders, I can fully understand them being unable to meet delivery on release date for people who have ordered recently but I ordered 7 months ago, I think that's substantial time for them to be able to honour my order for release date.

I ordered the Special Edition 3 months ago and Amazon reckon it'll be delivered on Friday or Saturday so it seems very odd that yours would be sent after mine. Unless you ordered the normal version, it might be something to do with that.

Edit: Must be because you ordered the standard version.

hW0sZKX.png

i went express delivery special edition so that could be a reason and i wouldnt worry i ordered a cable the estimated dispatch was 22nd and est. delivery was 23rd april i received it on the 22nd i hadnt even been charged youll get it i wreckon

happy.gifI just called them and they confirmed my shipment.

Maybe you should call them too just give your info and they will tell you everything.

i went express delivery special edition so that could be a reason and i wouldnt worry i ordered a cable the estimated dispatch was 22nd and est. delivery was 23rd april i received it on the 22nd i hadnt even been charged youll get it i wreckon

Cheers mate, feeling a little less worried now but I think i'm gonna be like this now until it actually arrives, i'm really doing the girlfriends head in ... lol.

Still...at least she understands my obsession with GTA, she's just told me that on tuesday she'll bring food into my gaming room for me and then not talk to me all night... bless her cotton socks biggrin.gif

lol im the same everythings on hold until ive got my fix then life may continue

Lol...i've even tried playing other games this week to try and take my mind off it but I just can't concentrate, i've been online on COD4 and got bored, played an hour of Half life 2 and got bored, put Uncharted on but got bored, I don't know what to do with myself.

DAMN YOU ROCKSTAR, YOU'VE HAD ME HOOKED LIKE THIS SINCE VICE CITY AND I CAN'T BREAK THE HABIT, DO YOU DO RE-HAB?