Should I Change My Pre-order?

Katyclism

Just to clarify, this thread wasn't meant to be flamebait, it's an honest question. I currently have GTA:IV pre-ordered for my 360 at GameStop, but recently I've read that that the ps3 version looks better, and a few places have reported smoother gameplay. DLC has no value to me, as I don't have, nor will I have, my 360 connect to a network. So if gameplay is the same, graphics, framerate, and smoothness are the only things that really matter to me. Should I change my pre-order to the ps3 version? (I'm sorry in advance, as I know this will most likely degrade into a fanboy war)

Edit: Added the bits about gameplay after reading more info.

I would if i knew for deffinate my game would be here on release but it might be a bit late to pre order, you could cancel your order and buy it of the shelves ?

I was thinking the same thing, And I want to get it at the midnight release...This is a tough decision tounge.gif

PS3 cause, the controls are better. Ypou will get the DLC anyway, better graphics, smoother gameplay, still very good frane rate, better free online play, and Rockstar are very comitted to SONY.

mrdanny2005
PS3 cause, the controls are better. Ypou will get the DLC anyway, better graphics, smoother gameplay, still very good frane rate, better free online play, and Rockstar are very comitted to SONY.

free, yes......... better, im not too sure on that one.

I just called GameStop, the guy said as long as I get the preorder changed before Friday I will be able to get it at the Midnight release. I think I'm gunna go for it...I love my 360 but from what I gather 360 has the DLC (which is would be a huge factor if I was going to use it) and Ps3 has slightly prettier and smoother gameplay...

I would say go for the PS3 version. You can all say R* treated both consoles equally, but I wouldn't put it past them showing some love to their original home.

Im sure you can work something out with gamestop, asking to change from xbox to ps3. Its no skin off their nose, just another Xbox copy to sell innit.

stick with 360

you wont be able to notice the slight differance pal

Just to clarify, this thread wasn't meant to be flamebait, it's an honest question. I currently have GTA:IV pre-ordered for my 360 at GameStop, but recently I've read that that the ps3 version looks better, and a few places have reported smoother gameplay. DLC has no value to me, as I don't have, nor will I have, my 360 connect to a network. So if gameplay is the same, graphics, framerate, and smoothness are the only things that really matter to me. Should I change my pre-order to the ps3 version? (I'm sorry in advance, as I know this will most likely degrade into a fanboy war)

I had my pre ordered for the 360, I have done my research and I am changing it for the PS3 smile.gif

didnt they say 360 has more vibrant colors and ps3 warmer colors? if im not mistaken vibrant colors are better than warmer colors so stick with the xbox version

If DLC means nothing to you then buy the PS3 version.

I know it seems like it's all fanboyism but I have to believe after all the different things I've read and people I've talked to that it must be based on something. And I know firsthand how different a game could be on each system. When I played Assassin's creed on 360 I loved it, on ps3 it had horrible framerate stutters and totally killed the game for me...I'm trying to avoid that happening again.

Lol, all those differences between versions are pure fanboy speculation.

Lol yeah, Well I went with a PS3 because I prefer the games.

[intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz] [bFG Tech NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB OC2]

[2GB RAM DDR2 @ 333Mhz Each] [500GB HDD] [Creative Labs Audigy SE 7.1]

[19" ViewSonic VA1916w] [Acer FG965M Motherboard] [Windows Vista Home Premium]

[sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD]

[samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV]

[Current PS3 Games] [Gran Turismo 5 Prologue] [GTA IV]

[WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008]

I know it seems like it's all fanboyism but I have to believe after all the different things I've read and people I've talked to that it must be based on something. And I know firsthand how different a game could be on each system. When I played Assassin's creed on 360 I loved it, on ps3 it had horrible framerate stutters and totally killed the game for me...I'm trying to avoid that happening again.

Wasn't Assassins Creed ported to PS3?

I wish I could Quote all of you fanboy's. And by the way, all of the Xbox 360 mag's that reviewed it gave it a perfect score, and imperfect scores from PS3 mags. So there fanboi douchebags