One Question..

macorules94

macorules94

Is it comfirmed that the rest of the GTA's after Iv will be PS3 exlusive??

Nope. It's a rumour.

Lock before any fanboys join the party?

ViciousUnicorn

Thats absurd. Microsoft payed 50 million dollars for episodic content, that shows some commitment, and would be a loss for Rockstar profit-wise.

nadalcameron

I doubt it. Rockstar makes more money having it on as many consoles as they can. Afterall, the others were PS2 exclusives and all ended up going to the xbox back before the new generation. Why lock yourself to a console?

Well. This is the First time GTA Has been released on Both PS and Xbox. The older titles Xbox version Came out like 6 monthes later than the PS version.

macorules94

Thats absurd. Microsoft payed 50 million dollars for episodic content, that shows some commitment, and would be a loss for Rockstar profit-wise.

wait...let me get this straight.....so the next gta will have to be crappy and small...AGAIN due to the fact that the sh*tbox 360 cant afford blu-ray???

Am i right or am i right

nadalcameron

I like how people, who come here for the game, are bitching about it. That its 'crappy and small' when they haven't even seen it yet, because its not on both consoles.

God, why are people so ignorant as to think any single game console immediately trumps another? Question. Were you, ps3 fanboy, a fanboy for the original xbox over the ps2 since it could support larger games?

I like how people, who come here for the game, are bitching about it. That its 'crappy and small' when they haven't even seen it yet, because its not on both consoles.

God, why are people so ignorant as to think any single game console immediately trumps another? Question. Were you, ps3 fanboy, a fanboy for the original xbox over the ps2 since it could support larger games?

I thought it was on both consoles. mercie_blink.gif

Maco, unplug your computer, cancel your preorder/idea of GTA IV, and go and sit on the floor.

nadalcameron

Err, because it /is/ on both consoles, or rather not only on their console of choice. Sorry. Its late.

Only found this....

GTA5- PS3 Exclusive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"According to the November 2007 issue # 76 of the Official Xbox Magazine Sony has secured the next Grand Theft Auto, which would be number 7 in the series, to be a true exclusive to the Playstation 3.

"Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that" as said by Sony's Michael Shorrock in a statement to the press. " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

Looks like the Xbox fans may be out of luck when it come to the next installment of Grand Theft Auto. If they do release a 360 version it sounds like it would have to be on multiple dvd discs if the game truly takes advantage of Blu-ray.

One thing is for sure. This will be interesting to watch play out. Stay tuned!"

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, PC and HDTV News

frank_white

I tell you what I do confirm, you're a fanboy.

And you're like 13/14 years old (2008-1994=13/14 depending on which month), so you're too young to buy the game anyway, why are you on these forums?

I suggest coming back when you're the legal age to purchase the game, and maybe then you'll have some more maturity too.

IF they figure out a way to have a giant 750 GB HD in xbox 360 and special discs which carry as much gig as you need then just download the whole disc to your 360 HDD and you'll be set. Then you wont even really need a disc drive if you can download everything not just games to it.!

macorules94

And you're like 13/14 years old (2008-1994=13/14 depending on which month), so you're too young to buy the game anyway, why are you on these forums?

I suggest coming back when you're the legal age to purchase the game, and maybe then you'll have some more maturity too.

u noe wat the gr8 thing is.......you cant stop me from buying the game so haha. dont get pissed off at ppl that rnt the legal age coz there is nothing u can do about it

wow, sh*te, thats pretty amazing yet sad.

I've got a ps3 so im kinda happy that i wont be missing out... tho... all those people who have BOUGHT a 360 just for this game..

thats gonna suck..

The next gta to be ps3 exclusive... tsk tsk. Ah well, at least there wont be any limitations apart from that of the ps3.

I was gonna say that sony has secured an exclusive for another game by rockstar.. but i never thought it was gonna be the next gta, remember reading the news about gta iv not being exclusive to the play station anymore.. they said that sony would get other exclusives from rockstar.

Damn, amazing.

The fact that the Ps3 has 50g bluray disc's and the 360 only has 9g DVD's is not going to limit game size in the future... anyone who thinks this is a little slow...

Are games for your pc limited because you dont have a bluray drive in it?

You can simply have multiple disc's for 360 if the games get larger and then have an install to the HD... pretty much all 360 users have hard drives.. is this in some way confusing for fanboy's to grasp? are you not using a PC to post on this forum? Do you not also play games on your pc that have multiple install discs?

suicidal.gif

macorules94
wow, sh*te, thats pretty amazing yet sad.

I've got a ps3 so im kinda happy that i wont be missing out... tho... all those people who have BOUGHT a 360 just for this game..

thats gonna suck..

The next gta to be ps3 exclusive... tsk tsk. Ah well, at least there wont be any limitations apart from that of the ps3.

I was gonna say that sony has secured an exclusive for another game by rockstar.. but i never thought it was gonna be the next gta, remember reading the news about gta iv not being exclusive to the play station anymore.. they said that sony would get other exclusives from rockstar.

Damn, amazing.

PS3 is getting LA NOIRE. from rockstar. go and search it on google

frank_white

u noe wat the gr8 thing is.......you cant stop me from buying the game so haha. dont get pissed off at ppl that rnt the legal age coz there is nothing u can do about it

I know you live in Perth, and you're 14, and you're eastern european, all I've gotta do now is find you and kill you.

GTA IV 4EVER

icon13.gif LOL Microsoft just develop a new disc lol. They CAN EASILY AFFORD IT! instead of those dumbf*cks from Sony. they coulndt even outrun Microsoft when it came to the payment on the DLC. So if the next game is exclusive then it be fore Xbox because its more money. And the GTA IV have much more preorders for XBOX 360! learn to think noob. rampage_ani.gif

icon13.gif LOL Microsoft just develop a new disc lol. They CAN EASILY AFFORD IT! instead of those dumbf*cks from Sony. they coulndt even outrun Microsoft when it came to the payment on the DLC. So if the next game is exclusive then it be fore Xbox because its more money. And the GTA IV have much more preorders for XBOX 360! learn to think noob. rampage_ani.gif

dozingoff.gif You really are retarted aren't you: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=330778

ill plus matic

wait...let me get this straight.....so the next gta will have to be crappy and small...AGAIN due to the fact that the sh*tbox 360 cant afford blu-ray???

Am i right or am i right

why would you even start to think about gta v?

once you get gta iv your gonna forget all about this.

The fact that the Ps3 has 50g bluray disc's and the 360 only has 9g DVD's is not going to limit game size in the future... anyone who thinks this is a little slow...

Are games for your pc limited because you dont have a bluray drive in it?

You can simply have multiple disc's for 360 if the games get larger and then have an install to the HD... pretty much all 360 users have hard drives.. is this in some way confusing for fanboy's to grasp? are you not using a PC to post on this forum? Do you not also play games on your pc that have multiple install discs?

suicidal.gif

Right, have you been asleep lately?

The main and only problem rockstar have with the xbox 360 is the lack of an HD in every xbox console.

The new xbox arcades come without HD's. The problem isnt really the space on the disc.

If you dont beleive me, then search it up, Sam houser himself has said that microsh*t needs to do something about it.

macorules94

I know you live in Perth, and you're 14, and you're eastern european, all I've gotta do now is find you and kill you.

good luck finding me ass hole

Link to Sam Housers comment plz tounge2.gif

1UP: Let's talk about the hardware issues. Back when GTA4 was delayed, PS3 technical hurdles were cited as a contributing factor. I take it those have been ironed out.

SH: I don't know what anybody's said on that stuff. I didn't say anything, and I stay out of it.... Both machines are absolutely fantastic, but they both come with strengths and weaknesses. The strength of the 360 is a very, very accessible, familiar, effective environment to work in. You're making the game from the get-go, everyone understands its PC environment -- boom, off we go. It's pretty good. One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc.

and further down the track... (i thought i'd add this just to be a prick lol)

...The 360 games have a certain look to them; PS3 games have a certain look to them. I like the way [the PS3] renders. There's a certain kind of softness without being blurry -- some warmth to it -- and then there's a certain more clinical element to how the 360 looks. Both have plusses and minuses.

Source = http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=3&cId=3167500

Page 4 of the whole interview.