Save file no longer works - replaced gta_sa.exe

iamcow

Hey everyone, I've recently replaced my default "gta_sa.exe" with a modified one. My saves no longer work. Does anyone have a solution?

Well, I'm not sure. Usually the exe doesn't matter as much as the scripts used to run the save, but I suppose that a modified exe might do something similar. You can check the various save archives to see if either version 1 or version 2 saves work with your current configuration. If not, then perhaps only saves created with that exe will work, or the exe is corrupt. The Version 2 exe won't read saves without the proper ID, but modifed exes don't usually have this restriction.

What else... There are links to the default v1 and v2 scripts available in the mission help pinned topics. You might try swapping in the appropriate script for your saves.

Well, I'm not sure. Usually the exe doesn't matter as much as the scripts used to run the save, but I suppose that a modified exe might do something similar. You can check the various save archives to see if either version 1 or version 2 saves work with your current configuration. If not, then perhaps only saves created with that exe will work, or the exe is corrupt. The Version 2 exe won't read saves without the proper ID, but modifed exes don't usually have this restriction.

What else... There are links to the default v1 and v2 scripts available in the mission help pinned topics. You might try swapping in the appropriate script for your saves.

I just finished "vertical bird". Where do I find the mission saves?

Hey everyone, I've recently replaced my default "gta_sa.exe" with a modified one. My saves no longer work. Does anyone have a solution?

Use the backup copy of the original file that you made and put it back,

so you can play.

And then SEARCH the Modding forum and the Troubleshooting forums for the problem.

I just finished "vertical bird". Where do I find the mission saves?

v1 scripts.

v2 scripts.

All Storyline and Non-Storyline Saves.