Traditions

cowbringer

Man I'm excited for the forum traditions to begin on the 29th in which everyone who was soooo hyped to get this game realizes it wasn't exactly as the envisioned it in their head and comes on these boards and bitches and moans about all the little things they hated about it. Seems like only yesterday the Elder Scrolls boards were abuzz with excitement then the day after release, pages and pages of complaints. Anyone else ready for this??? sly.gif

I guarantee it wont be all up to the hype but itll be good

Posted on Ganton Ave. Slangin Rocks.

Funny you should say that because a some reviewers have said it's better than the hype.

I am expecting alot, but GTA is GTA, I am still loving SA and I've played the sh*t out of it tonnes of times before. Whether it's what the hype says or less, I'm gunna love it.

Funny you should say that because a some reviewers have said it's better than the hype.

Yeah i'm sure its gonna be awsome but someone out there is gonna post about how they hate the color of the grass or something even worse. Its just funny to see the change in attitude before then after the release and usually its cuz the people who love the game are too busy to post and the people who hate it have nothing better to do that bitch about it

It can't be better than the hype. Most of the reviewers have only played it for one or two days. Man, even Assassin's Creed was fun the first two days! biggrin.gif

The annoyances will grow on you. Minor glitches will become a major frustration. No game is perfect. Especially not a game as big as GTA IV.

And as everyone's giving the game a 9x/100 rating, it will be hard for others not to follow the trend without getting bashed by fanboys. smile.gif

I'll see you in a week. smile.gif

very true, this is where i feel R*'s marketing is suspect, by showing no game play vids they have allowed people to build the're own mental images and ideas, and peoples imaginations are pretty wild things! Theres no way it can be up to everybodys expectaitons, therefore had they showed some game play vids earlier people would all be in the same ballpark as to what was coming and could have realistic impressions.

I'm old enough and ugly enough to like it warts and all, but plenty here arnt!

Yeah i'm sure its gonna be awsome but someone out there is gonna post about how they hate the color of the grass or something even worse. Its just funny to see the change in attitude before then after the release

Well, personally I think the people who will moan about it will be the ones who are moaning now about no planes or no parachutes and all that sort of stuff.

Yeah i'm sure its gonna be awsome but someone out there is gonna post about how they hate the color of the grass or something even worse. Its just funny to see the change in attitude before then after the release

Well, personally I think the people who will moan about it will be the ones who are moaning now about no planes or no parachutes and all that sort of stuff.

Yeah and like i edited to my post the people who love the game will be too busy playing to come on here and balance out all the naysayers(not sure how you spell that lol)

very true, this is where i feel R*'s marketing is suspect, by showing no game play vids they have allowed people to build the're own mental images and ideas, and peoples imaginations are pretty wild things! Theres no way it can be up to everybodys expectaitons, therefore had they showed some game play vids earlier people would all be in the same ballpark as to what was coming and could have realistic impressions.

I'm old enough and ugly enough to like it warts and all, but plenty here arnt!

Very true!

R* by not showing any normal gameplay have made expectations very high and a lot of people have their OWN vision of what the game will be like.

I know it will be good but we are bound to get people moaning because they expect to be walking and driving around a movie set!!

You also got to think about the reviewers that played it

Any game is good for the first day (if it is good that long) true

But how long will it live AFTER you beat the game to the point where you dont want to look at it no more.

Fact, I played SR from Aug 29 2006 till Apr 15 2008 but it had lost its flame in December 2007

Im predicting from Apr 29 2008( notice SR and GTA came out on the same day of 29) to early 2010 but it will start to lose flame in late 2009

Its pretty good for a videogame to last that long

Posted on Ganton Ave. Slangin Rocks.

But how long will it live AFTER you beat the game to the point where you dont want to look at it no more.

Fact, I played SR from Aug 29 2006 till Apr 15 2008 but it had lost its flame in December 2007

Im predicting from Apr 29 2008( notice SR and GTA came out on the same day of 29) to early 2010 but it will start to lose flame in late 2009

Why are you comparing GTA and Saints Row? You do realize Saints Row is a pile of crap compared to GTA?

SR lasted about a few days for me before I sold it, a week or so at most. It was alright, but didn't have that GTA feel to it.

San Andreas however, I've been playing since release and I still love it and have fun with it. I still wanna go back for more.

We might start getting annoyed with small niggles in GTA IV after a few days, but doesn't mean it'll lose its fun or we'll stop playing.

The people who bitch are gonna be the same people who love the game. They just feel the need to make a fuss anyway.

Hmm, I still go back to san andreas occasionally and have fun with it confused.gif

theAudiologist

With the addition of MP to GTAIV, crafted by R* themselves, DLC for the 360, and inevitably the PS3, I cant see alot of people getting bored with it quite as early as 2009.

GTAIV will be around for a while.

wafflemaster

Seriously, I have already endured months of nit-picking graphics whores droning on about polygons and frame-rate concerns. April 29th marks the day I am finally released from this destructive cycle, since I will be spending every waking hour in Liberty City, not here pouring over new screens !!

Luckily I never allow myself to get swept away with the hype, and have maintained relatively high, yet ultimately realistic expectations for this game. This is gonna be a truly excellent game I'm certain, but some people seem doomed to be disappointed unless Liberty City somehow manages to be as sophisticated as the freaking matrix or something !! mercie_blink.gif