I love Cocaine

Codename_48

Codename_48

Will you be able to take drugs in the game ala saints row, I know you can get drunk just want to know if there is any other fun stuff you can do :]

BadMeetsEvil

there gona be a mini game where you will have to roll a blunt.. its hard in the beginning but once you get your blunt rolling skill to 100, you get a bong as a prize in you hideout which gives you double the extra highness.

Codename_48

in reply to your question yes. I snort cocaine not to be cool or hip, it just gets me through my boring assed web developers job and makes me feel good about my insignificant life. But yes it works but I dont condone it. :]

I think drug refs would enhance the expierience for sure.

there gona be a mini game where you will have to roll a blunt.. its hard in the beginning but once you get your blunt rolling skill to 100, you get a bong as a prize in you hideout which gives you double the extra highness.

And when you get 100 rolling skill random pedestrians on the street refer to you as "your highness".

I'm a big time advocate of drug use in video games......not because I'm pro-drugs or anything, but because I want to have as many CHOICES to make as possible. Personally, my Niko wouldn't sniff coke, but if we have the choice to smoke weed, I will stay with a pack of "Homie Sharps" (R*'s version of the Phillies Blunt).

Codename_48

dude weed isnt cool msn, i dont want my niko freaking out and getting all paranoid over stuff. a few lines and he would be well away, enhanced reactions, speed etc.

dude weed isnt cool msn, i dont want my niko freaking out and getting all paranoid over stuff. a few lines and he would be well away, enhanced reactions, speed etc.

Weed is bad, but coke is cool...

Whoever beleives dat, is a f*ckin fool.....

a_flyin_penguin
in reply to your question yes. I snort cocaine not to be cool or hip, it just gets me through my boring assed web developers job and makes me feel good about my insignificant life. But yes it works but I dont condone it. :]

Oh. Well. Good luck with that whole death thing. Moving on, I don't think it's a good idea for Niko to do any sort of drug, recreational or hard. It just doesn't fit him and it would ultimately turn away and alienate some of the fanbase. Let the others around him do them, since we don't have to build a relationship with the ones we don't like this time.

patrickvbbh

cocaine sucks ass. well actually, that's what ur gonna do when you sniff that christmass surprise..

Hasj, or Marihuanna or Weed, on the other hand, is better, and LEGAL (in holland lol.gif ) it makes thing's so damned funny O.o.

And well, alcohol can be nice too.

but why use drugs ingame? use it in real life! (get f*cked up and die is the same thing though)

I don't see it happening. Saints Row let you take different drugs, but the effect was minimal and pretty much the same no matter what you took. GTA IV is only letting you get drunk, but it's gonna do a lot more than just make the screen a little hazy for 10 seconds. R* are gonna do it right.

Love it, Cocaine helps you get through life. All drug dependant losers have this self-destruction thing DOWN to an art. Give us all a break.

I'm officially HIGH jacking your thread for the sake of this neglected one instead....

Go here people for something more relevant to GTA4

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1057883921

turn.gifsneaky2.gifsly.gifthat_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Edited by Slamman

They could just put adrenaline back in the game. That was kinda a drug I suppose. Doubt Rockstar need anymore bad publicity by putting real life counterpart drugs in the game. Especially if they enhance the players ability. Just look at Narc.

I love NARC and how you could take all the different drugs that you confiscated. All with different effects and some gameplay effects.

Crack gave you a killer aim and you could sprint faster than ever.

Weed made everything sway with a green haze and always played a stoner tune for you

Acid gave all the pedestrians Demon Heads and everything in the distance was super blurred so you didn't know the difference between enemies and peds.....KILL EM ALL

That game was awesome....and let you straight shooters make the choice of taking the drugs or turning them into the precinct for badge credit.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw the post above me....funny NARC came to mind too

Edited by DMannDD

Niko's a good, bad-guy, trying to shake his past, he's caught up in things here that he doesn't really care to be tied up in. That's how I see his agenda

Anyone who thinks Drugs should not be useable in the game is an ass-hat in my opinion. You are probably a cartoony-arcadey anti-realism dork who probably isn't going to like GTA IV anywayz though, so tounge.gif @ you. If there are drugs in the game, and there IS, they should be useable. Just like if there's Sprunk in the game, you should be allowed to DRINK it, if there's a toilet in the game, you should be allowed to PISS in it, if there's a chair, you should be allowed to SIT in it....all of which I am looking forward to doing. If you want the cartoony gayness of the past, ya better wait until Saint's Row 2 comes out. Yay for realism! Yay for CHOICE. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ lame ass people that dont want others to have the ability to CHOOSE their own path in the game. And BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at politically correct sissies that want to water down the greatest game on the planet just so right wing religious freaks dont throw fits. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for Rockstar, who has the courage to poke fun at America's ridiculous "war on terror" and other social issues that most spineless lemmings invest so much faith in.

i hope not, its one of the reasons saints row was pretty sh*t and made the game feel like it was made for a 12 year old, or somone who's been smokin weed everyday since they were 12

Oh. Well. Good luck with that whole death thing. Moving on, I don't think it's a good idea for Niko to do any sort of drug, recreational or hard. It just doesn't fit him and it would ultimately turn away and alienate some of the fanbase. Let the others around him do them, since we don't have to build a relationship with the ones we don't like this time.

In this case I'm inclined to agree with you Peng...weed's one thing but cocaine is decidedly another that often does lead to death, if not directly so, due to complications. Or a life very death-like.

But if he is to be believed Peng, then as a web developer, he is much higher (no pun intended) in the food chain than you give most drug users credit for. I believe your exact words were 'good luck in holding down your minimum wage job for life' or something similarly insulting. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I think Rockstar puts substances in the games where they made sense. Vice City had a large quantity of cocaine because of the imports in Miami. San Andreas dealt with PCP, weed and crack because they where the drugs of choice in the 'hoods of LA. I would cast Niko, an eastern European, as more of a drinker than a drug user. But there might possibly be some drugs in the clubs, like the one in the Move Up Ladies trailer.