4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA IV: Microsoft and Rockstar tracking Gamertags

i.v

So people will be playing on thursday wont be me angry.gif

you will need to change a couple of the basic settings on your Xbox 360 and keep these settings like this till the game comes out, otherwise other people will be able to see your achievements list for GTA IV (even if you are playing another game) and we’d like to keep that information back for the fans.

I thought we already knew the achievements!!!!

wtf must be for stores or something? sounds kinda unfair tho that those arses get to play early.

Most likely it's for reviewer's. They get the game early so they can do reviews. It is kind of satisfying to know that they will keep people who get an early copy from playing online, lol. If I can't have it before 29th, neither can they! haha.

There's a chance that the game will be leaked on the internet before April 29th, if it does happen then I'm going to play it on my modded 360. But you guys think I might get banned from Live if I'm caught playing GTA IV online?

There's a chance that the game will be leaked on the internet before April 29th, if it does happen then I'm going to play it on my modded 360. But you guys think I might get banned from Live if I'm caught playing GTA IV online?

yea.

It will let you know exactly when you played it. When Microsoft sees this, and they will, they will ban you. People were banned from XBox Live for playing Halo 3 early.. till the year 9999 I believe.. now, you wouldnt want that, would you?

Even when you unplug your 360 til the 29th, Rockstar will still be able to see your stats.

So if on the 29th, you've been playing for say; 40 hours, they might come and rape you in the ear mercie_blink.gif

I wouldn't want to be raped in the ear, not even by Rockstar, would you?

I'd lay off it until the 29th man, even if it were in my possession.

The wrath of Rockstar is everlasting!!

What's the point confused.gif ?

You can already view corimi's achievement list. Wasn't Rockstar aware of him?

Even when you unplug your 360 til the 29th, Rockstar will still be able to see your stats.

So if on the 29th, you've been playing for say; 40 hours, they might come and rape you in the ear mercie_blink.gif

all you have to do is unplug your 360 from XBL, make a silver account,

play all you want, and delete the profile before you connect to XBL again

all you have to do is unplug your 360 from XBL, make a silver account,

play all you want, and delete the profile before you connect to XBL again

But if I deleted the account that I played on then I would lose my save file with mission progress, achievments etc...

I'm just going to play GTA IV and not connect to Xbox Live until April 29th, I don't think I'll get banned.

As far as I can gather you can play GTA if you get it early and you won't get banned from Xbox Live, you just won't be able to play online multiplayer.

Idiot just take out youre Ethernet cable (or if wireless take it off) then play on an offline profile

Everyone in here is being stupid!

Even if you unplug your internet. Even if you try to not get caught by staying off XBL and EVEN if you don't even go online you WILL get banned from Xbox live. Your system saves the info of when you played it and what you played. When ever you get on Xbox live again even after the 29th expect a ban since Microsoft will see that you played the game before the 29th.

They might be blocking stat tracking for multiplayer but how does this block stat tracking for single player. A person who gets the game early plays offline and beats the game. Then the stats go live on the 29th, the person connectss to the internet and his single player stats are uploaded. Then you have poeple beating the game before others have even played and being listed on Social Club ahead of those who didn't get the game early.

I hardly doubt anyone playing it 1 day early will get banned, I've had almost all my 360 games a day early, never been banned! I know people who got Halo 3 a day early (I didn't because GAME messed me about) and they weren't banned! I know that if GTA is on my door on the 28th ill be playing it!

I shall be getting it on Friday. I'll be playing it on Friday and will be connected to live.

I paid for the game. I didn't steal it.

Bullsh*t he spells until as "till" probably some little dweeb trying to scare people who have gta early because he is jealous!!!!!

Everyone in here is being stupid!

Even if you unplug your internet. Even if you try to not get caught by staying off XBL and EVEN if you don't even go online you WILL get banned from Xbox live. Your system saves the info of when you played it and what you played. When ever you get on Xbox live again even after the 29th expect a ban since Microsoft will see that you played the game before the 29th.

No your an idiot!!! ITS A MYTH ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING BANNED!!! I HAD HALO 3 ALONG WITH SEVEN OF MY FREINDS ALMOST 2 WEEKS EARLY, WE PLAYED ONLINE ALONG WITH ALOT OF OTHERS!!! NO BAN

And the reason that people got banned for 9999 days or whatever it was is because of a different reason. That was due to them playing an illegal beta or something like that.

In which case there would be practically nobody online you could play with anyway.

I think these guys will be tracked to avoid including them into the first ten who complete the game 100%. Or, something like that...

Can't you be sued for saying you've modified your xbox360.

But yeah as said, you'd get banned.

I just sent an email to some contact at rockstar

"Firstly.. tounge.gif lets pretend you just sent me this: [that email on first post <here>]"

Then after I just made a message as if I am replying to him as if he sent it to me first. notify.gif

If any, I wonder the what reply I get lol...

Edited by Ricksta