Oh CRAP!

Seachmall

This might have been posted before but I just got this email

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your preorder for Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition on PS3

Unfortunately (as stated on our website (http://shop.game.net/help/Shipping.aspx), we do not ship hardware or orders over 1kg internationally and as this product exceeds our weight limit we are therefore not able to fulfil your order.

Your order has now been cancelled and no money will be taken from your account.

You can still place an order for the Standard Edition of this game by following these links

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Shooter/~...-Theft-Auto-IV/

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We understand that you will be disappointed with this news.

If you wish to contact us please do so using the form below:

http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx

Kind regards

GAME.co.uk

Customer Services

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

I replied asking for it to be divided up and I'll pay shipping for the parts seperalty. Fingers crossed. suicidal.gif

And this is the start of Australian and New Zealand fans getting f*cked on all over the world.

It's a pity considering the Special Edition is now sold out everywhere. sad.gif

I'd just go with the standard version if I were you. It's a shame, but you'll get over it.

Thescorpionx

Sucks that they just "remembered" to tell you that. If they knew they didnt ship over 1kg internationaly, why did they take the order...sucks for you man.

Sucks that they just "remembered" to tell you that. If they knew they didnt ship over 1kg internationaly, why did they take the order...sucks for you man.

Obviously they weren't 100% positive the SE would weigh over 1kg...

with the amount of pre-orders, they actually proabably ran out and didnt tell you, instead blaming it on the weight. pile of bull

Coltrane's Muse

The standard edition is your sole decision now. There's little more than a week remaining prior to the title's international release; you'd do well to request a copy of the game -- by its lonesome -- as soon as humanly possible.

So you won't receive a snazzy artbook or a truncated soundtrack. Those will eventually be leaked, anyway, so you'll be seeing them in due time.

user posted image

Just show up early to a midnight release if you want a the SE that bad. thats what i'm doing unfortunately the only store in my town is a wal-mart sad.gif but they've already confirmed they have both the standard and se so its just a matter of me and my buddy getting there first.

Why did you order from game.co.uk if you live thousands of miles away?

Cause Australia and New Zealand have the censored version so lots of people are importing.

Because I live a half an hour away? I could fly there in a half an hour, not exactly thousands of miles away.

I got this email but there was no reason behind them cancelling the order, and I live in the UK so WHATS THE DEAL?!

Because I live a half an hour away? I could fly there in a half an hour, not exactly thousands of miles away.

o right sorry lol i forgot about the censored crap you have to put up with - good luck

I replied asking for it to be divided up and I'll pay shipping for the parts seperalty. Fingers crossed. suicidal.gif

I bet you your money you spent on shipping, you can get the exact thing from my GameStop here, I just bet they AREN'T sold out! hahaha tounge.gifcolgate.gif

I bet you your money you spent on shipping, you can get the exact thing from my GameStop here, I just bet they AREN'T sold out! hahaha tounge.gifcolgate.gif

Shipping was £3. If I get it divided up it'll only be an extra £9, its the only option they have and its only a f*cking kilo. Why can't they ship a kilo?!?

with the amount of pre-orders, they actually proabably ran out and didnt tell you, instead blaming it on the weight. pile of bull

Always a conspiracy theorist, are we?? tounge2.gifmonocle.gif

If they have it actually on the site in FAQ part or w/e then you cant say anything really... it isnt there fault if it is there policy, and saying "could of told me sooner" is rubbish as they have only just started receiving the copies therefore how on earth could they tell it was over 1kg if they hadnt even had it to weigh it...

ishouldntbehere

well you should atleast email someone there or better yet call, and be a total ass for having them dick you over like that and maybe theyll give you a little discount or credit on your account.

This is why i never order games online

also

pwned  suicidal.gif

^^^ hahaha

If they have it actually on the site in FAQ part or w/e then you cant say anything really... it isnt there fault if it is there policy, and saying "could of told me sooner" is rubbish as they have only just started receiving the copies therefore how on earth could they tell it was over 1kg if they hadnt even had it to weigh it...

They mighten'd have known the weight but how was I to know when I preordered over a month ago? I'm sure they could have easily found out before today.

I know noone is at fault but hopefully they'll split it, not holding my breath though. The SE can't be got in Ireland at such a late date and most places online are already booked-up. How long will the SE be on shelfs for? I might just wait till after release to get it, I want the SE more then I want it on the release date bored.gif

If you live a half hour away, DRIVE over and pick it up, I would.

1/2 hour flight. I live in a seperate country and on a seperate Island.

amazon never hurt anyone

Amazon orderers never got to me within 3 weeks.