GAME Stpre Problems

olegkvasha

Hi guys,

Dont want to cause trouble but I think this is important for those that have pre-ordered from Game.

I was one of many that pre-ordered GTA4 from Game (in-store pre-order) last year, for me it was in July 07. I went into my local game store just to check that my order was still there and that everything was ok.

However when speaking to both a member of staff and the store manager. I was informed that there are infact 2 pre-order numbers. And that I was on the old number due to the fact that I had ordered it early. So of course 1st thing I asked was "but I still get a copy on release day right?" to which I was told we dont know as your order is on the old list.

As you can imagine im very pi**ed off about this, feels like im being punished because I ordered it early icon13.gif and now I have no clue if im expecting one or not

/rich

EDIT: sorry miss-spelled the topic sad.gif

That sucks, they'll still have copies on release im sure.. if all else fails then tescos 24/7 at midgnight sounds like a plan!!

[-Vice-Andreas-]

Holy crap, that sucks. Just demand they give you a copy. You're a dedicated GTA4 fan, you obviously planned the purchase way ahead. Its not fair that some bogan walks in April 27 and secures a pre-order for release date. Just pick a copy up off a shelf on the day, hand over the money and be like "cya later suckers". I would. So unfair.

ps3 user all the way

That sucks, they'll still have copies on release im sure.. if all else fails then tescos 24/7 at midgnight sounds like a plan!!

Sadly what sucks even more is that im flying back to the UK on the night of the release sad.gif so I doubt I can make it to tesco before they are all gone sad.gif

Have you paid?

If you've paid and they don't give you a copy on the 29th as pre-arranged then they've broken the contract and the law.

Tell them that.

i preordered from game and still no info back. I got a preorder number before but i cantr remember it now.

I emailed them today and yesterday about giving me my preorder number but no reply as of yet mad.gif

is this game stop? Are they somewhat related to Eb games? confused.gif

GAME is a UK based games seller. If it's owned by Game Stop i don't know, but i've never heard of Game Stop in the UK.

is this game stop? Are they somewhat related to Eb games? confused.gif

no this is just GAME,

They had ALOT of problems with Mario Kart on the Wii.. People were coming in and saying they had pre-ordered it (when they hadn't) and the staff just gave them a copy without checking pre-order slips.

And after hearing this I was even more concerned.

is this game stop? Are they somewhat related to Eb games?  confused.gif

no this is just GAME,

They had ALOT of problems with Mario Kart on the Wii.. People were coming in and saying they had pre-ordered it (when they hadn't) and the staff just gave them a copy without checking pre-order slips.

Did they give you a pre-order slip?

Most stores do.

GAME is a UK based games seller. If it's owned by Game Stop i don't know, but i've never heard of Game Stop in the UK.

thanks sir smile.gif

same happened to me just went in to check when they wanted me to pay as i was going to pick up at midnight and was told i am no longer on the pre order list and i could not be added as you can guess i was like a rabid dog but lucky enough went to zavvi and paid £5 so should be fine now just aint gonna have it at midnight but thats life waited this long few hours aint gonna make much difference

no this is just GAME,

Did they give you a pre-order slip?

Most stores do.

Yes they gave me one. However after having it in my wallet for almost a year the print on the front is completely warn off. That bit I managed to get sorted though as the manager wrote me a new slip and signed it.

But wether or not I get a copy is still on the rocks, and if the same thing happens to GTA orders like it did with Mario Kart Pre-order slips wont mean anything. angry.gif