SUMONE SELLING GTA4 ON EBAY IN HAND NOW:s

joshkinny

iam thiking that, but if hes saying you can pick it up by hand then i dont think he can be lying:S

Obviously fake. He doesn't even have a picture of him holding it or any proof of him owning it.

It's VERY possible that it's true. I dont see why people are calling the seller a liar when the game is gold and it comes out in 7 days.

Idiot's. dozingoff.gif

(I'm not saying that guy really has a copy, I'm just saying it's possible!)

Coltrane's Muse

I question the legitimacy (and sanity) of both the retailer and his/her potential victims.

user posted image

hmmm if hes lying he wouldnt say pick it up by hand would he

but still

NOT WORTH THE PRICE ATALL! if u buy it for that much you have got to think what your life has become, 106 quid for a game! hah

no thank you

but still

NOT WORTH THE PRICE ATALL! if u buy it for that much you have got to think what your life has become, 106 quid for a game! hah

no thank you

some people are so gullible.

he will say that to lure people into buying, then he will make you pay, and give you a fake address, you go to pick it up and nothing, or possibly an undercover cop to meet you there and arrest you for trying to purchase something which isnt released to the general public yet

use your brain, i bet some people actually brought it LOL

hahahaha

that would be great! i can imagine getting to the door

he opens it

and bam starts rick roll dancing, music blasting haha

you just stand there crying

that persons a liar......

"That person" has 936 feedback, it'd be a different story if he had only 1-20 feedback. He also has 99.2% positive feedback, so I doubt he is lying.

He's also received only 8 negatives since October of 2002, so for all those that are calling him a liar, and saying anyone who believes it is gullible, evidently have no understanding of the importance of eBay feedback and the story it can tell.

"That person" has 936 feedback, it'd be a different story if he had only 1-20 feedback. He also has 99.2% positive feedback, so I doubt he is lying.

He's also received only 8 negatives since October of 2002, so for all those that are calling him a liar, and saying anyone who believes it is gullible, evidently have no understanding of the importance of eBay feedback and the story it can tell.

feedback counts for nothing when you are set to make £100 per game....

tooji please dont tell me youve just paid 106 quid for a game?

we have a gulla bull over here! good luck mate if youve bought it.

GTATottenham

but still

no thank you

he will say that to lure people into buying, then he will make you pay, and give you a fake address, you go to pick it up and nothing, or possibly an undercover cop to meet you there and arrest you for trying to purchase something which isnt released to the general public yet

Undercover cop? LOL. It isnt illegal to buy a game that isnt meant for sale yet. And even if it was that would be entrapment.

LOL. Do you even use eBay at all? Feedback is basically like Reputation, if you have none, you aren't trusted, if you have lots, people prefer you over others with less feedback. So, explain to me how you think his feedback doesn't play into that? Especially since he seems to be selling a lot of items. Taking a negative isn't a very good thing, in fact, you want to avoid a negative as much as possible, so 100 euro's an auction is not really worth it when you take into account the damage done to your feedback.

Have you not considered the fact that the original owner of the account could have had his account hacked.

This is a known problem to ebay, it would make sense for whoever is doing this to do it via someone else's account, regardless of whether they would actually send you the game or not.

the guy mustnt be lying

he wouldnt say pick it p by hand if you want

doing that means you dont have to hand over any money until you pick it up

case closed hes not lying, hes just a lucky bastard whos gonna make a shed load off some idiots who buy it

I have a feeling that all these bad shipping excuses come up and your not gonna get the game till after release date

Have you not considered the fact that the original owner of the account could have had his account hacked.

This is a known problem to ebay, it would make sense for whoever is doing this to do it via someone else's account, regardless of whether they would actually send you the game or not.

If you get scammed, PayPal guarantees your money back for up to 500 euros, so even if it is a scam, you get your money back. To say his account could have gotten hacked is a possibility, but I doubt it.

LOL. Do you even use eBay at all? Feedback is basically like Reputation, if you have none, you aren't trusted, if you have lots, people prefer you over others with less feedback. So, explain to me how you think his feedback doesn't play into that? Especially since he seems to be selling a lot of items. Taking a negative isn't a very good thing, in fact, you want to avoid a negative as much as possible, so 100 euro's an auction is not really worth it when you take into account the damage done to your feedback.

I know what ebay feedback is.

Im saying people will do anything for money, hes built up the rep and is now seen as a good seller, now hes decided to sell non-existent GTA IV copies and lure people into buying them.

i know how peoples minds work, they are not always honest, dont believe everything you see. i guarantee its fake, its either put up by undercover police or is a guy trying to make money after building good rep.

He probably has another account, sure he will get alot of negatives, but he will also make thousands, whats worse, negatives or thousands of pounds?

Coltrane's Muse

I have a feeling that all these bad shipping excuses come up and your not gonna get the game till after release date

Anyone can experience "bad shipping" excuses. Most notably, with Federal Express. I sha'n't go into detail at this time, but let's just say that my package ended up in someone's hands halfway across the contiguous U.S.

user posted image

neolistic......please dont say u actually paid that?

god you must be minted haha good luck

i feel bad for making this topic now cos its jst gonna rip people off:( hah

but still

no thank you

Undercover cop? We're talking about a video game, not narcotics. It's not even illegal.

needforspeed01

I don't see why he would be lieing.... there are a handfull of people in the world who proablly are playing it as we speak......

user posted image

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature

After reviewing his other auctions, the gta auction is consistent with his previous/existing auction history.

He also has a number of sealed hard-to-come-by wii games/accessories suggesting he has a link with someone in the VG retail industry, probably just a small independent store.

My guess is the 6 he has for sale are the allotted 6 his mates' small shop is getting in.

As far as how he'd pull it off, he'll probably ship them out on the friday when stores get their allocations* and then just take the hit if someone negatived him for not fulfilling the postage side of things.

*my guess is that stores are getting their shipments friday/monday to allow for the massive demand..

but still

no thank you

Undercover cop? We're talking about a video game, not narcotics. It's not even illegal.

of course its illegal, its not for sale to the general public yet, therefore your not allowed to sell.

its a criminal offence if you sell early, why do you think all the stores are not selling it now, because they have been told if they do they will be fined heavily

I know what ebay feedback is.

Im saying people will do anything for money, hes built up the rep and is now seen as a good seller, now hes decided to sell non-existent GTA IV copies and lure people into buying them.

i know how peoples minds work, they are not always honest, dont believe everything you see. i guarantee its fake, its either put up by undercover police or is a guy trying to make money after building good rep.

He probably has another account, sure he will get alot of negatives, but he will also make thousands, whats worse, negatives or thousands of pounds?

Are you kidding? I'm not even going to continue to debate with you over its realism. You just keep posting garbage, and acting like it is 100% impossible for ANYONE at all to get their hands on a few copies just days before release.

"Im saying people will do anything for money, hes built up the rep and is now seen as a good seller, now hes decided to sell non-existent GTA IV copies and lure people into buying them."

So, hes planned this out since GTA IV was released? Oh wait, he joined in October of 2002, or did you miss that? Are you even reading my posts? My mother has been using eBay since it first started, and I have second hand experience on how eBay works, you however just seem to have ideas of how it works, and how people scam each other on there. The auction does not look like a fake, the guy has reputable feedback, and only 8 negatives. You seem to be trying to find every other possible explanation other than the most obvious one.

Just want to add, a few years back my dad and I sat down to buy a video card for my computer. We went on ebay and found a great price for what we wanted. The seller had something like 99.5% positive feedback. My dad went "well it's not 100% and some people are saying they didn't get their stuff". My (naive) self answered: well look at all the positives he's got to be legit.

Short version: we got SCREWED. No video card, no nothing, nada nada nada. Had to go through paypal and the credit card company to get our money back, huge hassle.

I don't trust people that have feedback like his where it's a collection of names that sound totally random, could be fraudulent feedback (could be a group of people that leave eachother positive feedback to gain reputation then turns out it's fake), or any number of things. Hell the seller could even legitimately sell some items so he looks to have a good reputation and then for some others he just screws the buyer.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Unless you absolutely can get ahold of the person through email or phone for some big ticket item or something that looks shady, don't go for it.

And, the account hacking thing is true too sad.gif

After reviewing his other auctions, the gta auction is consistent with his previous/existing auction history.

He also has a number of sealed hard-to-come-by wii games/accessories suggesting he has a link with someone in the VG retail industry, probably just a small independent store.

My guess is the 6 he has for sale are the allotted 6 his mates' small shop is getting in.

As far as how he'd pull it off, he'll probably ship them out on the friday when stores get their allocations* and then just take the hit if someone negatived him for not fulfilling the postage side of things.

*my guess is that stores are getting their shipments friday/monday to allow for the massive demand..

Finally, someone with more than half their brain.