New IGN Screens

SBizz6

Great find!

EDIT:

Hahahah, I love the magazine stand one! Sports magazine "Talkin' Balls" headline: "Can the mighty Cocks penetrate the Beavers?"

Edited by Jinamo

LOL @ the size of that chicks coffee cup. "The Wake Cup" indeed!

It's like a nervous breakdown conveniently packaged to go.

SerenUnderdog

Nice ! there's a Didier Sachs shop, in of those pics you can see the logo, dunno if it was a confirmed brand yet icon14.gif

notice the coffee cups and groceries in the mans bag. they are individual objects, knock em down and the stuff will be flying all over the place

that gruntalot advert on the massive billboard is obvs takin piss out of G UNIT lol biggrin.gif

All very nice. Thank you.

I really do like the art style the game has. Very hard to explain. It's like everything blends nicely into each other. It's not just a load of perfect straight polygons with crisp edges that are all in focus despite their distance from the camera. The shadows don't appear to have one artificial light source that casts a sharp solid shadow that many games have. Looks very gritty and real. Will be 10 times better during motion!

The store picture looked like packs of cigarettes behind him maybe we can buy them confused.gif

OMFG, Look at that trees and shadows ffs, ohhhh the blurry mother f*cking effects fu*ked up the whole game http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/...?page=mediaFull and the damn Anti-Aliasing SUCKED. WTF, please don't tell me this will be the graphics of the game!!! icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

Trees are f*cked but other then that everything else is alrite, why can't any games make trees rite?

OMFG, Look at that trees and shadows ffs, ohhhh the blurry mother f*cking effects fu*ked up the whole game  http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/...?page=mediaFull and the damn Anti-Aliasing SUCKED. WTF, please don't tell me this will be the graphics of the game!!!  icon13.gif  icon13.gif  icon13.gif  icon13.gif

Trees are f*cked but other then that everything else is alrite, why can't any games make trees rite?

Wear glasses next time. Why don't you go and check the screen shots again? Look carefully, 99% of the screenshots graphics SU*KED and are low detailed! I know GTA was never meant to have the best graphics, but at least make it a little better than that?

Look at this screen:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/...?page=mediaFull

Now it reminds me of Los Santos's skyline in SA, wait.. SA even look better than that on my PC!and more!!!! Damn.. R* tried to make a good reasonable graphics, but unfortunatley -judging from this screen shots- they FAILED big time. I hope I change my mind when I see this game on the 29th..

EDIT: I'm also wondering why some of the game screenshots really su*ked (such as this IGN ones) and a screen shot like this really looked gorgeous http://www.fileden.com/files/16350/media.jpg

Edited by aidan87

Hey guys, I just noticed IGN put up a whole bunch of new screen shots, check them out!

Link

Enjoy smile.gif

yea im really kunfused az 2 y gta4.net hazzint added da new photoz n documentary..gess ther gittin lazy du 2 release lol

Worn_to_a_thread
OMFG, Look at that trees and shadows ffs, ohhhh the blurry mother f*cking effects fu*ked up the whole game  http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/...?page=mediaFull and the damn Anti-Aliasing SUCKED. WTF, please don't tell me this will be the graphics of the game!!!  icon13.gif  icon13.gif  icon13.gif  icon13.gif

Wear glasses next time. Why don't you go and check the screen shots again? Look carefully, 99% of the screenshots graphics SU*KED and are low detailed! I know GTA was never meant to have the best graphics, but at least make it a little better than that?

Look at this screen:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/...?page=mediaFull

Now it reminds me of Los Santos's skyline in SA, wait.. SA even look better than that on my PC!and more!!!! Damn.. R* tried to make a good reasonable graphics, but unfortunatley -judging from this screen shots- they FAILED big time. I hope I change my mind when I see this game on the 29th..

EDIT: I'm also wondering why some of the game screenshots really su*ked (such as this IGN ones) and a screen shot like this really looked gorgeous http://www.fileden.com/files/16350/media.jpg

I'm pretty damn sure you will smile.gif

Hmm, you people really need to take a step back for a second. Each to their own opinion and all, but come on, you can't just go saying they have failed because you don't think the graphics are perfect from a few images. If this really bothers you while you are playing it, then please do come back and share your opinion.

Now to explain why I like these graphics so much. Take a look this photo I just took (Cropped from the full resolution). Notice the busy "blurring" effect on the out of focus background? Thats what the look of the game reminds me of. I think this is a great way to suggest focus without going to extreme levels like some of the high end games like Crysis because it just simply wouldn't be possible. I think you people need to give the guys at Rockstar some credit.

I think other screens look "better" because the objects in the shot are close up to the camera and this effect doesn't seem as apparent (or maybe it's not even applied at all).

in the screen with the man selling products, on one of the covers of the magazine does it look like a reference to mass effect.

Now to explain why I like these graphics so much. Take a look this photo I just took (Cropped from the full resolution). Notice the busy "blurring" effect on the out of focus background? Thats what the look of the game reminds me of. I think this is a great way to suggest focus without going to extreme levels like some of the high end games like Crysis because it just simply wouldn't be possible. I think you people need to give the guys at Rockstar some credit.

Just looks like you have a crappy camera.

Hmm, you people really need to take a step back for a second. Each to their own opinion and all, but come on, you can't just go saying they have failed because you don't think the graphics are perfect from a few images. If this really bothers you while you are playing it, then please do come back and share your opinion.

I think other screens look "better" because the objects in the shot are close up to the camera and this effect doesn't seem as apparent (or maybe it's not even applied at all).

Well I know that R* did a great job with the game features, gigantic city and AI and all that stuff and we can't go wrong with that. The only thing R* should have paid more attention to, is the graphics. Infact, even people who played the game and reviewed it complained to how much the graphics aren't that good and it needs some work.. now I think it's not a good to play a game with such a huge city and such detail and tons of features with such a buggy graphics. I, once again, know that R* tried so hard to make this game balanced between graphical features and in-game features. But they really, really, failed, well at least PARTIALLY FAILED at the graphics part; once again, this is judged by me from this new screen shots released in IGN. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

well, the graphics are good for the size of the game an all, but I just glanced at the new photo with the ped holding the grocery bag and the lady with the big coffee cup, if you look at the ped's hands, compared to the 360 version, they look a little...flat like there glued together and choppy. I mean you can't deny it, it's right there. But still, the game will be awesome, I can't wait to start camping out for it.

..These seriously can't be ingame shots lol. They look like sh*tty paintings. if GTA4 looks like this I'm taking it back.

@Flapjaw: It's from the same camera that took this. I was simply showing what I mean without trying to explain it. Granted I did set the camera to highlight this and used a crop from the full resolution (didn't shrink the image).

@aidan87: Maybe you're not happy with the way it looks. But lets face it, GTA has never been about just about looks. You shouldn't be expecting anything groundbreaking. I feel, as always, they are spot on with the graphics. I'm pretty sure it wont bother you when you get it up and running. Instead of bitching about a dodgy hand on a ped when you zoom in with your camera, chances are, you will be laughing at what they are saying or knifing them do death for no reason smile.gif.