Chicago Bus Ads Pulled following overreaction

Adriaan

GamerShotgun

Oh my f*cking god.. When do people learn to teach their kids, not just tell them to: Go, play a little bit with your friend, while i talk with his mother...

Yep, parents are just f*cking pathetic these days... they think that, if they blame a freaking game, they will be good parents, because they care about their kids... GTFO, we don't need this sh*te...

If you don't like something, let's sue the creator of it... what a childish mentality.

Some people should learn how to be REAL parents, not just idiot droids...

let's make a bigger deal about nothing.....were waiting for all the governers and all the politians to get involved because they want peoples votes

This is why I don't care that American't deserves to die.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

The lady in the shades at the end had the right idea, it's up to the parents to be parents and quit blaming their kid's sh*tty behavior on completely ridiculous things like advertisements.

Everyone else on that video was just obtuse, what the hell was that lady referring to when she said, "Kids are gonna do it anyway", when they see the ads? Play a videogame? Honestly, idiots who have no clue what they're talking about.

Did I miss an add that depicted someone being shot, beat up, or defamed?

icecreamtruck_driver

I guarantee the reactions of the people talking to the reporter were taken way out of context. Scaremongers like Fox News love sh*t like this; they emblish and exagerrate the truth to their liking.

I quote thomas Jefferson: "A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

Oh and Derty - Shut the f*ck up.

It just proves lack of knowledge from these people, it's a game and just like some movies it's not for children but some peolple would never understand it. smile.gif

Why dont they ban movie ads because they are full of violence and so on ? They still think that all the games are for children - my advice: grow up and open your eyes. biggrin.gif

apache77pilot

they said they would copy them. so the will lick loli posps and fix there glasses. if you dont want them to play it dont let them play it

Because we all know that parents just can't control what their kids watch/play, right? sarcasm.gif

GamerShotgun
I guarantee the reactions of the people talking to the reporter were taken way out of context. Scaremongers like Fox News love sh*t like this; they emblish and exagerrate the truth to their liking.

I quote thomas Jefferson: "A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

No, you shut the f*ck up! He can have his opinion, and whether you like it or not, you can't blame him for it... If you don't like it, then IGNORE it...

Learn to think logically...

Come on now... there isnt even anything wrong with the advertisements.

I find it hilarious that people are so focused on these innocent GTAIV ads while movie ads just get ignored.

What makes me mad is that people don't seem to understand that video games are just another entertainment medium. As such, advertisements are just another form of promotion for said media. No different than TV or film. They treat video games like they're some kind of foreign media text.

user posted image

Yeah, that's perfectly fine to slap on a bus. That won't damage your kids.

user posted image

Oh f*ck honey, hit the gas, don't want little Jimmy to see that!

Please.

I'm beginning to grow tired of that sh*tty country, seriously why the hell is the US so god damn ignorant, they complain about video games causing shootouts while they totally ignore the fact that practically everyone can acquire arms.

blakeybloke

fox can suck a dick as far as i'm concerned. first the mass effect 'scandal' and now this. so i suppose these people were shot because of a minimalistic picture showing a woman next to the words 'grand theft auto 4'? what a lad of bollocks.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Honest to God, it's the GTA name that's sparking this unnecessary backlash. Because their damn sure isn't any visuals to provoke it, just some artwork, no guns are even shown, nada, nothing.

Well video game violence is the number one thing that people want gone. It was like this for movies in the 70's, TV in the 60's, and now people have been blaming video games on everything.

Damn you FOX!

That was funny when that young girl said that it isn't the parent's fault because the kids will be doing it anyway. That literally made no sense. Actually, seeing as kids under 17 are on their own, that makes total sense... NOT.

Where would they be playing it, at a friends house? Friends are typically the same age as one another, no? And these friends would have parents that are responsible for them, right? It just makes me mad that the editor allowed that part to air knowing how stupid it was.

what these people fail to realise that it isn't down to games. I've played GTA from as early as 10 and it aint done nothing to me.

What I think is that, it depends on the childs background, and the area in which they live, and they will be more likely to fall into a life of crime anyway. Regardless of GTA... idiots.

icecreamtruck_driver

I guarantee the reactions of the people talking to the reporter were taken way out of context.  Scaremongers like Fox News love sh*t like this; they emblish and exagerrate the truth to their liking.

No, you shut the f*ck up! He can have his opinion, and whether you like it or not, you can't blame him for it... If you don't like it, then IGNORE it...

Learn to think logically...

He can have an opinion based on little fact or logic? He can have an opinion that completely sterotypes and/or generalizes a country?

Learn to think logically? Obviously this is something you did not do when trying to create your point. An opinion is usually based on logic not fallacial rhetoric. Idiot.

Edited by icecreamtruck_driver

they need to all go sleep man it's a fu*king game!!!! parents should not buy it for there kids then "18" means "18"

they need to all go sleep man it's a fu*king game!!!! parents should not buy it for there kids then "18" means "18"

"17"... In America anyway.

GutterSharkz

With the attention spans of kids these days. I doubt they would even notice or care. How would they even buy the game? Half of kids don't even have money. They'll be looking towards the parents to buy it and THEN they can step in and say no. But its f*cking advertising for adults. Not kids. They need to get over it.

So why the buses? It’s complete BS if you ask me. I see R rated movies with a lot of violence on bus ads all the time, what makes video games different?