GTA IV online play before the 29th?

Freakorama

I'm wondering what the consequence would be if anything. I would want to know what If you're playing the story mode, link your PSN/XBL with the Social Club, and It records 100% completed at 12:01. lol.gif

LiTtLe_BaStEd

I was thinking that if your one of them people that are gonna snatch the game before the 29th and if you try to play online.

what do you think will happen?

1.No games

2.Game will freeze or have problems

3.One game hosted by RS NYC 1

4.Rockstar games will spot you and... suicidal.gif

5.Something else

6.All of the above

EDIT: The first post was by me but i forgot to log out of my brother's account blush.gif

Edited by LiTtLe_BaStEd

The GTA servers probably won't even be open to the public untill the 29th, so I doubt anything will happen.

doa kappatango

The GTA servers probably won't even be open to the public untill the 29th, so I doubt anything will happen.

There is no GTA server AFAIK - its all played over XBL and PSN......and this is a network peer to peer service, doesnt require Individual "Game" servers

just come up with "no games/servers found"

or maybe not, there maybe people playing online now sneaky2.gif

I've got a good chance to recieve the game this thursday. And no, not illegally!

And well, I thought about possible consequences playing it so early.

Maybe I just log off from the PSN and play it in secret. wink.gif

doa kappatango
I've got a good chance to recieve the game this thursday. And no, not illegally!

And well, I thought about possible consequences playing it so early.

Maybe I just log off from the PSN and play it in secret. wink.gif

Be careful about the game save though - when you do sign it to PSN / XBL (for 360 owners) the Save/config will be timestamped.

you can't get in trouble for getting a game early its not your fault its the store that sold it to you.. Rockstar would never do anything to you. You could try and see if you cou ld play online either there wont be any games unless others got it early or the servers hosting multiplayer wouldn't be up yet.

doa kappatango

you can't get in trouble for getting a game early its not your fault its the store that sold it to you.. Rockstar would never do anything to you. You could try and see if you cou ld play online either there wont be any games unless others got it early or the servers hosting multiplayer wouldn't be up yet.

Argos broke Release in the UK for Halo 3 - they received a MASSIVE fine for doing so. :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main....20/dlhalo20.xml

Some of the people who played online were hit by the M$ Ban Hammer from XBL

Edited by doa kappatango

Argos broke Release in the UK for Halo 3 - they received a MASSIVE fine for doing so. :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main....20/dlhalo20.xml

Some of the people who played online were hit by the M$ Ban Hammer from XBL

Quote from your link:

"We can confirm that Microsoft is not taking any action (such as banning Xbox Live accounts) against gamers who are playing Halo 3 before the official street date. Any rumours or speculation to the contrary are false."

I think it'll be the same with GTA IV. Or well, I hope so. wink.gif