Feature: Microsoft facing GTA IV Disaster

joey0010

I'm sure most of you have read the articles coming from Chris Stead on Gameplayer about how "Rockstar screws Microsoft" and 'Microsoft in GTA Panic"...

Well here is another article, which apart from a delay, must be every Microsoft GTA fan's worst (game related) night mare.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/FEATURES...eab8b&v7Pager=1

Enjoy!

Cleansation

Sure they all will.... rolleyes.gif

Anyway this is why i bought a ps3 in the first place, i hate unstable hardware and with ps3 having free online the choice was clear for me.

Edited by Cleansation

i have a xbox 360... and i can see this happening..

which is why I'm also buying a ps3 biggrin.gif

This is bad news for my xbox. Hopefully if I just take care, and keep it well ventilated, nothing will happen.

Ever get the feeling that you suck?

This is bad news for my xbox. Hopefully if I just take care, and keep it well ventilated, nothing will happen.

wouldn't matter... although it would help...RROD can be caused by a number of reasons...

wouldn't matter... RROD can be caused by a number of reasons...

Yeah but it's all I can do besides hoping nothing will happen. Luckily my xbox isn't that old, and I've only played Mass Effect and Assassins Creed on it. I'll try to take breakes every couple of hours.

Damn I should have bought a PS3.

Ever get the feeling that you suck?

LOL I never thought about it that way, were gonna drown in xbox-fanboy tears on this forum next week biggrin.gif

LOL I never thought about it that way, were gonna drown in xbox-fanboy tears on this forum next week biggrin.gif

lol i was about to type that tounge.gif

forums gonna be flooded with topics "i was during a mission when my xbox broke" and stuff..

Well hope it wont happen to anyone though..

How long should you play , and how long should you let it rest or cool down?

I'm getting a new xbox360 for the game... so maybe less chance of it going rrod on me?

I'm alright with sending it in after playing it for a couple of weeks. I plan on sending it in RIGHT before my warrenty is up anyway so it lasts me until the next XBOX gets released.

wouldn't matter... RROD can be caused by a number of reasons...

Yeah but it's all I can do besides hoping nothing will happen. Luckily my xbox isn't that old, and I've only played Mass Effect and Assassins Creed on it. I'll try to take breakes every couple of hours.

Damn I should have bought a PS3.

I am not a fan boy by any means, but you shouldn't have to worry about taking breaks so you dont get RROD, I mean people have spent hundreds of dollars on these machines and most of the people on here have been anticipating this game for such a long time. Its just not good enough. I hope it doesn't happen to any one, but I'm sure it will.

well thinking of xbox overheating problem.. and a game with about 50 hours of gameplay..

some hardcore gamers will might get problems when they are trying to go for first place in socialclub ranks..

its kinda sad that its might gonna happen for the really hardcore gamers having a xbox, that its such a big risk to sit 24 hours playing gta so they can come in first..

lets just hope it wont happen...

angrycupidstunt

If you can't go without Xbox for a week that is sad seriously it is if you hav enothing else to do.

Slightly off topic but holy sh*t I finally know where Chris Stead is writing for. If you want some f*cking good writing and well written previews his are definitly worth checking out. I remember his as probably the best for GTA San Andreas.

I'm sure most of you have read the articles coming from Chris Stead on Gameplayer about how "Rockstar screws Microsoft" and 'Microsoft in GTA Panic"...

Well here is another article, which apart from a delay, must be every Microsoft GTA fan's worst (game related) night mare.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/FEATURES...eab8b&v7Pager=1

Enjoy!

Ok.. microsoft is leading in sales right now, exclusive content for the 360=win. Microsoft is pushing gta iv so hard, all the people I know are getting gta IV for the xbox 360. Microsoft will not have a disaster..

Blindfutur3

Back in 6th Form i used to play PDZ on my Launch System for well over 14hours a day! Never had a problem, sold it for an Elite earlier this Year! Doubt ill have a problem now considering these 'new' systems are apparently more reliable!

Its a pretty good read and i like the way he writes it has if no one under 14 years old is going to read it.

I thought this was going to be about something we didnt already know two years ago. It's going to happen to some people but I dont think its going to be as bad as its made out to be. Whenever I do play my Xbox its for several consecutive hours and I've not had a problem.

That article was written by a pretty big PS3 fanboy. Looks like another one trying to justify the purchase of their inferior console.

what an unnecessary topic. thats like saying "during the london marathon, many people might run through estates and get mugged. so marathon = crime".

arsenal_fan

if i bought an xbox now would it have less chance of getting rrod

the only reason i got an xbox 360 is cause more people have it and its cheaper, i might be regreting it now sad.gif

if i bought an xbox now would it have less chance of getting rrod

the only reason i got an xbox 360 is cause more people have it and its cheaper, i might be regreting it now sad.gif

dont regret it.. nobody says it will happen to you..

and the xbox is a good console i guess ? tounge.gif so stay with it, if its the console u like the best..

just take good care of it and it wont break.. plus u ave dlc..

my xbox has never got the RROD and it never will and when i play i play for like 12 hours a day if possible

my xbox has never got the RROD and it never will and when i play i play for like 12 hours a day if possible

sh*t I never turn my off. I mean maybe I will get it, but I'm not going to set limits because of it.

mahatmahatma

Look, I'd call myself a gamer. I enjoy gaming, I get a lot out of it, as a recreational activity and (occasionally) an intellectual or imaginative pursuit.

I bought a PS3 for GTA IV, for two reasons.

1) Reliability. If I'm paying good money, I don't want something to break. My PS2 is rocking on years after its purchase date. Xbox 360s seem to have a definite issue with wear and tear. Sorry.

2) Blu-ray. It's nice to have a blu-ray player in the house. When I bought my PS2, it was the only DVD player I had, too. I waited until the format war had been won, and now that it has, I'm glad I bought the PS3.

Other than that, I imported my PS3 from Hong Kong (yes, I know, causes some issues with blu-ray regions) and saved about $200 AUD in the process - meaning that for the equivalent price of even a premium Xbox, not the elite, I've got my PS3 and GTA...win win for me.

I'm not trying to ignite any fanboy argument, just listing my reasons. I have no particular loyalty one way or the other, it just made more sense for me to buy the playstation, end of story. Free online multiplayer is also a bonus.

My first xbox died purely because I played saints row for so long f*cking around with the physics and doing crazy glitches untill it couldnt take anymore. Eventually the famerate dropped loads and I got nasty patterns on my screen. I kept it ventilated aswell, nothing more I could have done. A console should be able to cope with any software.

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next month.

archiebunker

That article was ridiculously stupid and this thread doesn't belong in this forum.