damn, what do I do now?

Smitty00

I just sent my repair today, and I wont get my box till like wednesday, and then I wont get my 360 till like 3 weeks!

Are there any stores that accept broken 360s without like a receipt or ..?

Any other options? I dont wanna miss GTA4!

Your 360 broke? Wow, that's like.. unimaginable, i wonder how that would have happened.

Well, i heard game store's rent consoles? Maybe you could do that til' yours gets returned.

Well... confused.gif You can STFU.

But really, I would just buy a core and wait for my return.

You buy a new one from a store, change the plastic stickers around on the back of the console between the new and the broken one, and you return it for a refund, and enjoy your shiny new 360.

Nah, jk. That would be breaking the law =D

I TOTALLY don't recommend that <_<

Really.

Don't do it.

Even though it usually works.

You shouldn't.

Oh that sucks. If you're asking for a place that doesn't need a receipt, I'm guessing you don't have it. The only way I can see you getting a 360 in time for GTA4 is by buying a cheap one on EBay, if you have the money, and then selling one when your original gets back.

It's a wild shot, but might just be worth it.

Fraganater5000

If you get the RROD twice, what happens?

I've had it once, wonder what Microsoft does when you get it twice?

SneakyWh1teMan
You buy a new one from a store, change the plastic stickers around on the back of the console between the new and the broken one, and you return it for a refund, and enjoy your shiny new 360.

Really.

Don't do it.

You shouldn't.

nice biggrin.gif

have a cookie cookie.gif

i was thinking about buying one from best buy and then returning it, but i dont know if i get the money back exactly.

ugh.

so horrible sad.gif

Absolutley nothing, they couldn't care less.

use the magical towel trick.. look it up on google Type the towel trick xbox 360.. IT WORKS!! it isn't retarded, I thought it was, but when mine rrod'd on me for the second time, I did the towel trick, and was still playing for like a week. Just do it until the box arrives then send it back ASAP!!

P.S. to awnser the guy above me.. they send you a new one for the second time.. its the same f'ing process!

Do you know any friends with a 360, that are getting GTA IV?

If you do, you could play theirs until you get your 360 back. icon14.gif

getoverhere

is it the three red light thing? mine did that literally the first time i turned it on. i sobbed a for a time, then i turned it off and on a few times and it worked. i've used that technique for six months and its still working. i always get the lights after i first turn it on, then after a few goes it flashes green and loads. i'm often puzzled when people say, 'i have 3 lights, my 360s screwed,' 'cos i have three red lights and it still works. sometimes it loads up and KEEPs the red lights.

maybe i'm just lucky, but did you try that? probably the first thing you did...

Fraganater5000

They cared when I had my first one, New xbox and 1 month of Xbox live.

I've heard they give you a free game if it happens twice.

Ok, i stand corrected, but i'll just have to take your word for it.

My xbox died but they didn't give me a Month, only 48 hours.

so what about the unfortunate people that have their Xbox die 3+ times?

this happened to me. the first one i got back didnt work at all so i called up microsoft and they sent me the shipping box the next day then 2 days later got a new one....maybe because i thretened them by saying if i dont get this back within a week im going with ps3.

Yep, and after that, free wireless headset, and if that happens again, they seem to give you a brand new one and a bunch of other goodies. But that's just going on guesses, my friend broke his (he used to leave it in front of his fireplace [genius, I know]) 4 times and he hasn't had trouble since.

the first thing i did was unplug everything etc.. ive done that before and its worked

this time though my 360 is truly dead. ive poked around with it for like 3 days.

DriedLobster

I think i have the record for most rrod....6! Im practically friends with 360 tech support.

Fraganater5000

once on both of my 360s.

Both 1 months and a new 360.

Dont know what the hell happen to my first 360, and my second one that i bought had an optical drive error.

getoverhere

sh*t, i must be lucky. mine's still, at this very moment, flashing the lights but turn it off and on, off and on, BOOM... it loads. trippy. if mine dies before GTAIV i will cry myself to sleep.

the fact the 360 breaks so much is a complete disgrace. that is just a dodgy piece of hardware. lifting it out of the box to be confronted with the three red lights is soul-destroying, after you handed over all those monies for it.

but mine works with the lights. seriously.

I just sent my repair today, and I wont get my box till like wednesday, and then I wont get my 360 till like 3 weeks!

Are there any stores that accept broken 360s without like a receipt or ..?

Any other options? I dont wanna miss GTA4!

wrap that thing up in 2 towles and leave it on overnight, and hope things get better for you before gta4

and yes the towel trick works

ObsessedWithGTA4

Really.

Don't do it.

You shouldn't.

Don't all new 360's have HDMI and older ones don't?

Really.

Don't do it.

You shouldn't.

Don't all new 360's have HDMI and older ones don't?

Doesn't matter, if the stickers are changed, and they get a broken 360, they won't tell the difference.

You could get away with it easily, and quickly.

Though I would advise against it.

Because it's bad.

And it works.

But it's against the law.

Because it makes you not have to pay for something.

But don't do it.

Seriously.

defibrillator

Blockbuster rents consoles I believe.

If that does not work and you have extra cash buy another 360 new, and whenever your old one comes back, put it in the new 360's box and return it to the store you bought it from. Also I think 360 prices have gone down recently, or something like that, so by buying a new one, and returning your sh*tty one in place you are probably gonna save some cash in the process. Good luck to you icon14.gif

Edit: Looks like the guys above me were way ahead of me. This is probably the best way, and there is no way a store can verify which 360 they sold you, and if you might have any concerns go to an all around store like target, and not an electronic store like best buy. That being said, I fully suggest you do this, because unlike the few above me, I'm not below any form of law breaking.

On a fun side note (I own a 360 and ps3 and I'm getting IV for the 360 so don't hate) I like to see the 360 as a Ford and the Ps3 as a Toyota or a Honda. The Ford is a piece of sh*t that keeps breaking down, while the Toyota will last you another 100k miles.

Edited by defibrillator

Anti-RROD = The big ass multi-fan attachement that goes on the back of the Xbox (No more RROD) I've had 4 in a row lol. No more though...