Will there be a shortage at launch?

Shmatty

I've had it pre-ordered for PS3 since July from Amazon. Will they have enough copies to fill all the pre-orders on the release date?

I'm sure they will, just might take some time to ship it all out. If they didn't, I don't know why they would still be getting preorders (or have it opened).

They shouln't have a shortage. Shortages in games have been very rare in this generation of gaming. Consoles yes! Games no...

bomb loads for PS3 obviously.. sneaky2.gif

PS3 version is sold out, just as the 360 version is all over the UK. Retailers like Play.com have commented on how well the PS3 version is selling too.

I've had it pre-ordered for PS3 since July from Amazon. Will they have enough copies to fill all the pre-orders on the release date?

How are we supposed to know. Do you want me to call every store in the world and find out? notify.gifmercie_blink.gifsuicidal.gif

Johnny Burbank

My only way to answer this is to go by my own experiences.

I went to the store to buy VC well after store opening (in the afternoon), and the first store I went into had copies.

With SA, I got to Best Buy at maybe 11 AM a few hours after opening and the store was full of copies.

I think R* is pretty good at getting out enough copies to meet demand on the first few days.

My only way to answer this is to go by my own experiences.

I went to the store to buy VC well after store opening (in the afternoon), and the first store I went into had copies.

With SA, I got to Best Buy at maybe 11 AM a few hours after opening and the store was full of copies.

I think R* is pretty good at getting out enough copies to meet demand on the first few days.

That's the way it was with me and getting Vice City. Best Buy still had a ton in the afternoon. That would probably be your safest bet if you didn't preorder.