The begining of this new generation of GTA.

JacksTiredEyes

JacksTiredEyes

GTA IV is just the start of a whole new generation of GTA games... does that really excite anyone else?

If you love GTA, then I'm sure we all know GTA IV is going to be an incredible experience! And so to was GTA III at the time - and think of how many improvements were made for Vice City, and San Andreas went even further expanding the gameplay to whole new level.

Right now i can't quite believe you can do all the great new stuff confirmed as gameplay in IV - getting drunk, cover system, climbing/ hanging, the mobile phone etc. And i can't help think how much Rockstar have expanding on and improved great gameplay in the past... so the GTA games in the years to come will be utterly amazing.

What city do you think they'll do next in this series, a new city, in which decade? What's everyones thoughs?

Rockstar must seriously sh*t their pants after every release, knowing they've gotta top it next time.

GTA IV is just the start of a whole new generation of GTA games... does that really excite anyone else?

If you love GTA, then I'm sure we all know GTA IV is going to be an incredible experience! And so to was GTA III at the time - and think of how many improvements were made for Vice City, and San Andreas went even further expanding the gameplay to whole new level.

Right now i can't quite believe you can do all the great new stuff confirmed as gameplay in IV - getting drunk, cover system, climbing/ hanging, the mobile phone etc. And i can't help think how much Rockstar have expanding on and improved great gameplay in the past... so the GTA games in the years to come will be utterly amazing.

What city do you think they'll do next in this series, a new city, in which decade? What's everyones thoughs?

The thing is, the next GTA probably won't come out for 3-4 years.

Rockstar must seriously sh*t their pants after every release, knowing they've gotta top it next time.

The funny thing is, it is like that. I remember Sam Houser saying that in the EDGE interview.

Oh my god, following up San Andreas is a nightmare. A good nightmare, but a nightmare.

Probono Giggalo

3 or 4 years?? pfffhhhttt, if history repeats itself, we'll see a new one in about a year. new story, location, same code, same engine.

3 or 4 years?? pfffhhhttt, if history repeats itself, we'll see a new one in about a year. new story, location, same code, same engine.

...'cept Sam Houser said this GTA IV is gonna last long than previous ones. Especially considering DLC.

yup..i see another one coming october 2009..

yes and it will still be worth every penny

I think It's crazy that they're most likely working on the next installment as we speak. How could they seriously get any better than what we're going to have In less than nine days? Just thinking about the next game, let alone GTAIV gives me chills. The technology we have now Is incrediable.

I think It's crazy that they're most likely working on the next installment as we speak. How could they seriously get any better than what we're going to have In less than nine days? Just thinking about the next game, let alone GTAIV gives me chills. The technology we have now Is incrediable.

I doubt they are.

It'd be nice to think they are working on a PC version but upon release its hiatus time apparently

If you love GTA, then I'm sure we all know GTA IV is going to be an incredible experience!  And so to was GTA III at the time - and think of how many improvements were made for Vice City, and San Andreas went even further expanding the gameplay to whole new level. 

Right now i can't quite believe you can do all the great new stuff confirmed as gameplay in IV - getting drunk, cover system, climbing/ hanging, the mobile phone etc.  And i can't help think how much Rockstar have expanding on and improved great gameplay in the past... so the GTA games in the years to come will be utterly amazing. 

What city do you think they'll do next in this series, a new city, in which decade?  What's everyones thoughs?

doubt it...

They already have the Physics system, and coding for most stuff. I doubt they would change up the system completely different! So if they are gonna work on a GTA 5 id say around 2 years at the most.

Also they got the multiplayer down so theres really not much they would change. They would probably add on, maybe bring back getting fat/skinny, car customization, and bicycles ? That be cool if they bought back like a SA style game

I doubt they are.

It'd be nice to think they are working on a PC version but upon release its hiatus time apparently

I thought they were getting a month long holiday as soon as it releases (or went gold, one of the two)

I doubt they are.

I thought they were getting a month long holiday as soon as it releases (or went gold, one of the two)

Thats what I'm referring to

abdul_qureshi

Many cities are still left:

Chicago

Washington D.C.

Atlanta

Seattle

London

Tokyo

Berlin

so many more........

yea i suppose oct 2009 is the earliest we could expect the next gta....maybe even oct 2010 - hate to get ahead of myself with gta iv not even out yet, but 2010? what a vile thought! smile.gif

dodgeviper500

but you know how much longer we have to wait for the next GTA since there working with next-gen consoles they wont be releasing gta games every 1-2 years like they use to

there not gunna release new gtas like the last one...there gunna release large dlc..just as vc and sa were to III..the next gta well see i believe..gta 5 will be in several years... 2010' maybe

You have got that wrong, yeah the only reason why this GTA took so long was because they had to code everything from scratch with a new engine but it will take more than a year to make another GTA game so I think it will be a couple of years before we see another GTA game.

the next gta well see i believe..gta 5 will be in several years... 2010' maybe

You have got to remember, GTA 3 came out on the year 2001, it is now 2008, to see GTA 5 in 2010 would be too short of a time and they don't go GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA 4 vice city, GTA 5 San Andreas ect, it goes more like this

GTA 1, ---> London 1969

GTA 2

GTA 3, ---> Vice City, San Andreas --> Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories

GTA IV, ---> GTA (City Name), GTA City name.

GTA 5 and so on.

Edited by Johny_zoo

user posted image

Click on the image!

Yea, we won't see GTA5 until 2015-2017, but GTA4: Vice City is entirely possible for 2009 or 2010, IMO

We wont get any new GTA games till 2011/2012. I think that is a pretty safe bet.

They have talked about how they want to prolong GTA:4 and how they have this big future planned for this game alone.

Since we're all speculating, which is perfectly legal in most countries, I'll have a go.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple of GTA games that follow for THIS gen of consoles would be similar to VC and SA. However, I'm not sure they would take place in different time periods like the GTA III series did. The reason being is that maybe, just MAYBE we might be seeing a way in the future to travel from one city to another, loading screens intact of course.

How righteous would it be for you and your buddies to be able to hop a plane in Liberty City and land in London? Yeah, I'm waaaay ahead of things here, but still, it's a fun thought. Then again, adjusting to driving on the opposite side of the road would be tough, so I'd have to meet up with some of my UK mates (Haha, American said "mates"...silly Yank) and ride shotgun.

Yeah, it's all speculative, but it's fun to think of what's to come in the next few years. biggrin.gif

We wont get any new GTA games till 2011/2012. I think that is a pretty safe bet.

They have talked about how they want to prolong GTA:4 and how they have this big future planned for this game alone.

I doubt if they make a GTA 5 there gonna change around the whole entire engine. The only reason it took 4 years to make is because this was there first multiplayer game, and everything was new along next gen consoles! They changed everything for GTA IV along with a new fighting engine, physics, and cover. So if they make a GTA 5 I bet they would have it out within 2010.

It took 4 years to make because they had to make it from scratch. THe next instalments will definitely re-use the same engine, although probably a modified version of it.

It takes them about 2 years to make another instalment using the same engine. Although my guess is about 3 years as they wish to prolong it (and because they are putting more detail into these games, which takes time).

They aren't working on anything right now as they've been told to scram for 5 weeks (fully paid of course biggrin.gif ) but apparently Sam and Dan Houser have some early concepts for the next GTA game, which is interesting. I don't think they will remake Vice City and San Andreas. They only remade Liberty City because they didn't really "do it" in GTA III (it was a mixture of different cities and this time they wanted to "properly" recreate New York) and they did recreate Miami and California pretty well in those games. I think we'll see an entirely new city next, but we'll see.

Tommy-Vercetti19

If you love GTA, then I'm sure we all know GTA IV is going to be an incredible experience!  And so to was GTA III at the time - and think of how many improvements were made for Vice City, and San Andreas went even further expanding the gameplay to whole new level. 

Right now i can't quite believe you can do all the great new stuff confirmed as gameplay in IV - getting drunk, cover system, climbing/ hanging, the mobile phone etc.  And i can't help think how much Rockstar have expanding on and improved great gameplay in the past... so the GTA games in the years to come will be utterly amazing. 

What city do you think they'll do next in this series, a new city, in which decade?  What's everyones thoughs?

vice city came out 9 months after gta III

user posted image

yo wassup jim?