what does it mean when a game goes gold?

jUVENtUS23

It means its 100% done and copies have started being made in factories, in large numbers.

it means it gets 10/10 on gamespot , 10/10 on IGN etc..

EDIT: tbh there is alot of meaning for it, likei said above, also hitting records for sales etc, just means the game was very successful, like Lara Croft, Mortal Kombat, Grand theft auto, Half Life 2

It means that the game is officially completed and moves from development and testing phases into mass production.

EDIT: tbh there is alot of meaning for it, likei said above, also hitting records for sales etc, just means the game was very successful, like Lara Croft, Mortal Kombat, Grand theft auto, Half Life 2

That's not true. Seeing as gamespot and IGN both havent released their final ratings.

It's when the game is 100% complete and begins to be put onto disks.

What your saying is more like "platium hits" for xbox or "greatest hits" for PS.

Fuzzknuckles

It means that the final version of the code has been approved and signed of by development. At that point, it's sent of to media production to become disks.

Then and only then do fat little underage fingers get to smudge up the disks with their chubby, gravy covered fingers, while breathing heavily in front of their mother's TV.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

in the past is meant a game is 100% with finalised stable coding, with a gold master disc sent to the publisher for mass production.

Hense the word GONE GOLD

Although now it no longer a gold disc, but the name has stuck, its more a master copy , but more likely digital transfer

well you cant really say [ insert worst xbox/PS game here that is released ] has gone gold can you lol confused.gif but i get ur drift

well you cant really say [ insert worst xbox/PS game here that is released ] has gone gold can you lol confused.gif but i get ur drift

Sure you can. Saints Row was awful, and I remember when that went gold. How would we play it otherwise.

needforspeed01
well you cant really say [ insert worst xbox/PS game here that is released ]  has gone gold can you lol  confused.gif  but i get ur drift

Sure you can. Saints Row was awful, and I remember when that went gold. How would we play it otherwise.

No one cares, go f*ck off somewhere

user posted image

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature