Our own music

Boods

Okay, i've searched around and can only see one topic on this question, but the topic changed and everyone got ignorant so it didn't get answeered, so im trying again.

As most of us know, the Xbox360 has the ability to store our own music from CDs onto the harddrive. Will we be able to play the music on the radio stations in there?

i've heard various things, and havnt seen anything confirmed/denied so i want to see if anyone has the answer.

And please, if its been made before, i apologise, but i could NOT find an answer anywhere.

thats a big shame.

But if we play our music through the dashboard, will it cover up the music do you think? =]

cant we have like our own "cd" we put in the cars or whatever tounge.gif

I understand it to be that you wont have a personal radio station to store your music, but that has nothing to do with listening off of your hard drive. that would have to be intentionally blocked.

Nothing has been officially confirmed so i would imagine its 50 50 chance. But hey why wouldn't they?

I've been starting discussions about this here and there on the net and nobody has official info yet. Most of the speculation has been that it won't be included. It makes sense somewhat that Rockstar wouldn't let us use our own music since they've integrated a virtual "store" with the music in the game. It'll be a tremendous disappointment for me since I love music (almost 600 albums) and I despise every song announced for GTA4 so far.

actually no its been confirmed that only the newer cars in the game that have usb ports in thier dashboards can have custom soundtracks.

(just kidding)

user posted image

Click here to join The Dinghers!

Put this in your signature if you think Looper55 sucks. lol

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

Okay, i've searched around and can only see one topic on this question, but the topic changed and everyone got ignorant so it didn't get answeered, so im trying again.

As most of us know, the Xbox360 has the ability to store our own music from CDs onto the harddrive. Will we be able to play the music on the radio stations in there?

i've heard various things, and havnt seen anything confirmed/denied so i want to see if anyone has the answer.

And please, if its been made before, i apologise, but i could NOT find an answer anywhere.

probably not through the radio but you can probably have it playing in the background.

Confirmed. No.

In one of the reviews it was clearly stated that the beta version has this ability but it will be removed in the RTM version. Sorry.

Confirmed. No.

In one of the reviews it was clearly stated that the beta version has this ability but it will be removed in the RTM version. Sorry.

What a f*cking stupid thing to do

Hobojoe4eva
Confirmed. No.

They were talking about playing music from your cell phone in the beta version. They cad a custom soundtrack station in every other gta on the xbox so i don't see why they'd remove it in this one. ZiT is for downloading the song in the game not to buy any song and play it on the game, just the ones in the game so you can get them for your iPod if you want.

It hasn't been confirmed but I'd be disappointed if they took the custom soundtrack station out.

They were talking about playing music from your cell phone in the beta version.

Maybe just maybe, and hear me out here cos i think its a good idea.

Its possible that there is no custom soundtrack radio station but as you progress though the game and you upgrade you mobile phone to the newer models and plays radio stations like they've said but then it might have the ability to play MP3s but there actually the songs from your hard drive.

Not having the custom radio station, fine but have your own custom music from your HDD on your own personal mobile phone would be alot better idea.

LongDarkBlues
I've been starting discussions about this here and there on the net and nobody has official info yet. Most of the speculation has been that it won't be included. It makes sense somewhat that Rockstar wouldn't let us use our own music since they've integrated a virtual "store" with the music in the game. It'll be a tremendous disappointment for me since I love music (almost 600 albums) and I despise every song announced for GTA4 so far.

If you 'despise' The Stooges, Miles Davis, Philip Glass and Fela Kuti, then you don't 'love' music.

Anyway - yeah - I'd be really disappointed if custom stations were out - you could even have them on the PSP! - but I wouldn't be surprised that the downloadable deal with Amazon worked both ways with the Amazon store and you had to pay to download custom tracks. I hope not, though - making stations was half the reason I replayed the trilogy on the xbox.

Very unlikely. They won't spend hours upon hours creating radio-stations if people are not going to use them.

I've been starting discussions about this here and there on the net and nobody has official info yet.  Most of the speculation has been that it won't be included.  It makes sense somewhat that Rockstar wouldn't let us use our own music since they've integrated a virtual "store" with the music in the game.  It'll be a tremendous disappointment for me since I love music (almost 600 albums) and I despise every song announced for GTA4 so far.

If you 'despise' The Stooges, Miles Davis, Philip Glass and Fela Kuti, then you don't 'love' music.

Anyway - yeah - I'd be really disappointed if custom stations were out - you could even have them on the PSP! - but I wouldn't be surprised that the downloadable deal with Amazon worked both ways with the Amazon store and you had to pay to download custom tracks. I hope not, though - making stations was half the reason I replayed the trilogy on the xbox.

Matter of fact, I do love music. It just happens to be very subjective to people such as myself. I do despise that music just as many people would despise most of my collection. This debate just serves to demonstrate the importance of custom soundtracks. The only reason I would like to know the verdict now is so I can put more of my favorites on my hard drive rather than losing playing time doing it after I get the game.

doctorjones7961

I highly doubt custom soundtracks will play on the radio, more than likely play over ALL audio except for SFX etc.

They were talking about playing music from your cell phone in the beta version.

Maybe just maybe, and hear me out here cos i think its a good idea.

Its possible that there is no custom soundtrack radio station but as you progress though the game and you upgrade you mobile phone to the newer models and plays radio stations like they've said but then it might have the ability to play MP3s but there actually the songs from your hard drive.

Not having the custom radio station, fine but have your own custom music from your HDD on your own personal mobile phone would be alot better idea.

Would this Idea be any good, people seem to be ignoring it

The PC and Xbox versions have always had a custom radio and replay.

facedesk.gif

I think the OP is thinking our own music with the advertisements, maybe even DJ, don't think the Xbox version had this before?

facedesk.gif

I think the OP is thinking our own music with the advertisements, maybe even DJ, don't think the Xbox version had this before?

In SA you had ads in the MP3 radio..

So, yeah, you guys just piss the hell out of me by not playing the superior PC version of GTAs. You're just satisfied with a silly PS2. LOL!

Supernautus

as long as it allows you to ply music from your 360, or play streamed music from your PC that's all we need, you could create your own stations like that, by making a playlist in media player, and recording your own voice, or voices of friends onto your pc also, then setting those files in the right order in a playlist, making your own station if only you could use the ingame ads as well, record them onto your pc and create proper stations.

facedesk.gif

That actually doesnt confirm/answer anything. Just because something has been done before doesnt mean we'll have it now.

Example: Tanks. In every game. Are they in THIS game? No confused.gif

"But its been done in all GTA's before LOL"

It's been confirmed that NO, you won't be able to listen to custom tracks.

The reason is so you won't be able to damage the atmosphere that they have created in the game. Same as the reason you can't put stupid clothes on Niko. You can't make Niko listen to stupid songs.