Games Aktuell Pre-Review

bukowski

The german magazine Games Aktuell has posted a pre-review for GTA4 before publishing the in-depth test for the game.

here are the scores they have given the game:

Graphics: 9/10

The gigantic size of the city makes you forget the few graphical imperfections of the game.

Sound: 10/10

Best GTA soundtrack ever, and probably the most compelling feature in the game.

Controls: 8/10

Far from perfect but a big step from previous GTA interations

Multi: 9/10

Great concept and innovative integration with the single player mode

Gameplay: 10/10

We can't score it 11/10...

Conclusion:

GTA4 is by far the best action game ever created.

Edited by Ottae

Liberty City King

someone please translate this

April 29th. The Liberty City King. Will Be Ruler.

"Graphics: 9/10

The gigantic size of the city makes you forget the few graphical imperfections of the game."

if it's 90% in case of graphics, why should we find any imperfections? that 10% doesn't mean so much since nothing is perfect or it's not 9/10 than 5/10. f*ckin journalists

That review leaves a little bitter aftertaste. Wish graphics could have been higher, I'm hoping blurry graphics don't fit into "graphical imperfections."

Transparanoia

Graphics gets a 9 out of 10 and c*nts are still complaining? Jesus H Christ!

That review leaves a little bitter aftertaste. Wish graphics could have been higher, I'm hoping blurry graphics don't fit into "graphical imperfections."

Are you kidding? what, you want everything to be 11 billion out of ten?

they gave it a 9 out of 10 so obviously there is nothing major.

mahatmahatma

And it's not even the full 'pre-review'. Just the brief summaries underneath the scores, the whole thing is three pages long, in GERMAN.

I don't understand where people get this militant defensiveness from. Reviewers are allowed to give ratings below 10. Why should it even matter?

That review leaves a little bitter aftertaste.  Wish graphics could have been higher, I'm hoping blurry graphics don't fit into "graphical imperfections."

Graphics were rated 8/10 for SA by Gamespot, that's one below this rating, and the graphics were HORRENDOUS in San Andreas. Yet magically everyone is fine with them. I just don't want to have to be submersed in blurriness, trees that look like they belong in a game from the mid 1990s, and orange sunsets (which things aren't looking good for them not being in). And you'll tell me, "oh Gamespot is a different reviewer," but if it's so different then what should we trust at all from anyone? There's supposed to be some continuity.

vanity_sanity

Cool, thanks for posting this. icon14.gificon14.gif

I wonder why all three reviews so far have used mostly the same screen shots..

Niko hopping the car hood with AK in hand, the one of the car jumping over the big rig truck.. notify.gif

You just keep talking how they gave 9/10 for graphics. Guess what, read the conclusion.

Conclusion:

GTA4 is by far the best action game ever created.

I think that pretty much sums it.

That review leaves a little bitter aftertaste.  Wish graphics could have been higher, I'm hoping blurry graphics don't fit into "graphical imperfections."

Graphics were rated 8/10 for SA by Gamespot, that's one below this rating, and the graphics were HORRENDOUS in San Andreas. Yet magically everyone is fine with them. I just don't want to have to be submersed in blurriness, trees that look like they belong in a game from the mid 1990s, and orange sunsets (which things aren't looking good for them not being in). And you'll tell me, "oh Gamespot is a different reviewer," but if it's so different then what should we trust at all from anyone? There's supposed to be some continuity.

you sir have no common sense

you sir have no common sense

How do I have no common sense?

MortifiedPenguin09

This game is going to be EPIC, 9 out of 10 is a very high score! wow.gif

Would you rather they had wrote 5 out of 10? So you can bitch about it some more??

wow your a baby 9/10 is like having 99,999,999$ and your missing one dollar wud you complain then? I really doubt it

Graphics gets a 9 out of 10 and c*nts are still complaining? Jesus H Christ!

I hope you mean the guy who added 9 and complained. No need to write about imperfections if the score for graphics is that high. That man is stupid. Anyway, I also laugh when huge GTA fans write: 'GTA have never been famous for its graphics' instead of 'The shots are only effected'. We will see it then in 10 days. Peace crew, we are on the same side.

Edited by Fantomas86

MattJohnston

People are so obsessed with bloody numbers, its what Roger Ebert always complains about, most people ignore the actual text of the review and just go for the stars out of 5, which is all their eager minds can comprehend.

Numbers are horribly arbitrary, so how about actually reading the text before slagging a review off? And how about NOT slagging a review off that actually gives basically 10/10 to the entire game. Jeez people.

Quadropheniac90

Apparantly because they thought it didn't deserve a 7 or 10 but a 8. dozingoff.gif

user posted image

I think what is careful to remember is that this "review" is based off of a preview build of the game. Several game makers are tweaking things like controls and graphics right up to the moment the game goes "gold", which was just yesterday. I feel that the reviews from likes of IGN, Kotaku, and 1-Up will be more accurate and based off of a more complete build of the game. NINE DAYS. I CAN"T WAIT!!! lol.gif

Shut the f*ck up all of you who are against me. I care about graphics (because despite what people think graphics CAN make or break a game - they're not just some trivial sh*t), maybe you don't care about graphics though. But I never complain about anything else. While you people would complain about controls, for example, I couldn't care less about controls. It's the one issue that has a high order of importance for me. Give me a f*cking break..

Basically GTA 4 gets a total of 9.3/10

Pretty good, altough I expected at least 9.5/10