Question 2 all techy nerds

Lump_The_XXII

Lump_The_XXII

"It’s difficult to quantify how many speaking parts there are, but at our last count there were over 740 unique voices in the game. There are over 80,000 individual lines of dialogue, more than 7000 of which are Niko’s lines

Now I just did a quick researching and came to the conclusion that they[Rockstar Developers] might be meaning 7000 combined across both platforms,

Because....

PS3 using Blu Ray which allows for 25-50gigs of data

Xbox360 using DvD-9 which allows for 7.95gigs of data

Im not great with math, but common sense says that 7000 lines is a sh*t load of data, and if I would have to pick 1 system I would GUARANTEE had 7000 lines it would be ps3.

Im just wondering, has anyone got a solid source that they[rockstar developers] mean 7000 on both formats, on 7000 between ps3 and xbox360 versions?

And btw, ftr I am a 360 owner so I aint bashing xbox. just wondering

user posted image

"Pix or it didnt happen!" MOVEMENT! Add this 2 ur sig banner to join

Umm since they ARE talking about one game, I don't even care about these specs you are talking about, it is pretty obvious they are talking about one version of the game. They would have to literally be R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D to say there are those lines if you take into consideration the PS3 and 360 version combined. Games can have a lot of dialog.

Fuzzknuckles

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE version of GTA IV - it will be the same for both, don't worry.

Love and kissies,

Fuzz.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

it doesnt matter how many lines of dialogue there are.

what matters is the audio quialty. dont expect all of those lines to be FLAC, expect them to be below a 192 bit rate and probably in mp3 format

Lump_The_XXII

I unno, yea it seems like a stupid question but lets all be honest with ourselves here,

Business is all about money, for the consumers all we are worried about is the product and the enjoyment from it.

In Business it's all bout what is said and isnt said,

PS3 has a larger capacity for data, 7000 lines on a PS3 blue ray is easy to see

on the other hand, Xbox360 has a lower capacity compaired to PS3, and 7000 lines on a 7.95gb disc is kinda funny especially when we take into consideration how big and massive this game is said to be on release.

Its not one version of the game due to the fact that xbox360 and ps3 dont run the same, so there is 2 versions between xbox and ps versions.

Im just wondering, not tryna be funny or nothing.

user posted image

This fails already, because a DVD-9 is 8.5GB.

Fuzzknuckles

They will both have the same audio.

Ridiculous question.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

enough with your blue ray memory ranting icon13.gif

why would they sell something at exactly the same price yet one have more stuff on ? dick

There is a thing called compression.

How many PC games have you installed that are ~8.5GB?

8.5GB for one game is more than enough.

You asked for techy nerds to answer a question. We have.

Yet you must refute our answers?

Edit: Food for thought; DVDs might not be able to hold as much as BD, but they are much faster.

Means we can compress the hell out of our DVDs and still have fast load times.

Whereas, if we compress data on BDs near as much, the game will probably crash before it loads.

Ridiculous question.

Indeed they will.

The question that remains is, whether they will both have the same Audio Bitrate.

I'm pretty sure that the Blu-Ray Version ain't gonna be the same size as the DVD Version.

Lump_The_XXII

DVD-9, holds around 8 540 000 000 bytes and that is 7.95 computer GB. DVD+R supports this format. Also called Single Sided Dual Layered. This media is called DVD-R9, DVD-R DL, DVD+R9, DVD+R DL or 8.5 GB Media.

thats where I got my info from.

user posted image

Listen before you people continue to post sh*t that aint right they both use compress for the encoding of sound files possibly AC3 coding so each 1 minute audio is only like what 500 kb or possible 1 mb I mean cmon'!

DVD-9, holds around 8 540 000 000 bytes and that is 7.95 computer GB. DVD+R supports this format. Also called Single Sided Dual Layered. This media is called DVD-R9, DVD-R DL, DVD+R9, DVD+R DL or 8.5 GB Media.

Well but then you also have to calculate the Blu-Ray capacity to "real GB" smile.gif

Lump_The_XXII
Listen before you people continue to post sh*t that aint right they both use compress for the encoding of sound files possibly AC3 coding so each 1 minute audio is only like what 500 kb or possible 1 mb I mean cmon'!

AC3 coding is?

user posted image

AC3 coding is?

It just a compression type its more compact then mp3.

"Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) is a standardized, lossy compression and encoding scheme for digital audio. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at many bit-rates."

Take from wikipedia.

Let's say the average length of a "line" is 3 seconds, TOPS.

Let's say they'll use some fancy ass WMA compression for the 360 version, 128kbps (which is higher quality than a 128kbps MP3, btw)

Now let's count the seconds.. 40000 * 3 = 120000 seconds. Multiply that by 128 and you get 15360000 kilobits or 1.83 GB. That's a pretty standard size for audio. Now add 4 gigs of radio and misc. sounds to that and you still have 2.52 gigabytes left for 3D models and such which take very little space compared to audio.

EDIT: Actually, it's 80000 lines. Anyway, still, you could say that you'll need some 2-3 gigs for the rest of the audio and you would still have plenty of space for models etc.

Lump_The_XXII

Well but then you also have to calculate the Blu-Ray capacity to "real GB" smile.gif

BD-R Single layer 25GB or 7.8GB*

BD-R Dual layer 50 GB or 15.6GB

BD-RE Single layer REwriteable 25 GB or 7.8 GB

BD-RE Dual layer REwriteable 50 GB or 15.GB

HD DVD-R Single layer 15 GB or 4.7GB*

HD DVD-R Dual layer 30 GB or 9.4GB

HD DVD-RW Single layer ReWriteable 15 GB or 4.7GB

HD DVD-RW Dual layer ReWriteable 30 GB or 4.7GB

HD DVD-RAM 20 GB

* = Small 8cm discs

cool.gif

user posted image

I heard the XBOX 360 will have to have multiple discs and insert a different disc when entering a different city.

I don't if this is confirmed yet.

[intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz] [bFG Tech NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB OC2]

[2GB RAM DDR2 @ 333Mhz Each] [500GB HDD] [Creative Labs Audigy SE 7.1]

[19" ViewSonic VA1916w] [Acer FG965M Motherboard] [Windows Vista Home Premium]

[sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD]

[samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV]

[Current PS3 Games] [Gran Turismo 5 Prologue] [GTA IV]

[WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008]

hahaha you think their gonna use AC3 instead of MP3?

i highly doubt the bitrate will be above 192

Lump_The_XXII

Let's say they'll use some fancy ass WMA compression for the 360 version, 128kbps (which is higher quality than a 128kbps MP3, btw)

Now let's count the seconds.. 40000 * 3 = 120000 seconds. Multiply that by 128 and you get 15360000 kilobits or 1.83 GB. That's a pretty standard size for audio. Now add 4 gigs of radio and misc. sounds to that and you still have 2.52 gigabytes left for 3D models and such which take very little space compared to audio.

2.52gigs left over for the visual models and stuff?

I unno, what about the euphoria engine, how huge is that?

user posted image

they said there were over 80,000 individual lines of dialogue....7000 just for Niko

thats all on one disk dude

I heard the XBOX 360 will have to have multiple discs and insert a different disc when entering a different city.

considering that their is only one city i highly doubt it confused.gifbored.gif

Lump_The_XXII

damn that wouldnt be cool

user posted image

considering that their is only one city i highly doubt it confused.gifbored.gif

I seen it somewhere online. I'll try to find the link.

EDIT: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/forum...pic.php?t=21973

[intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz] [bFG Tech NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB OC2]

[2GB RAM DDR2 @ 333Mhz Each] [500GB HDD] [Creative Labs Audigy SE 7.1]

[19" ViewSonic VA1916w] [Acer FG965M Motherboard] [Windows Vista Home Premium]

[sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD]

[samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV]

[Current PS3 Games] [Gran Turismo 5 Prologue] [GTA IV]

[WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008]

My calculations are rather speculative, but the endorphin demo program which has the full features of euphoria is 41.4 mb

http://www.naturalmotion.com/ele.htm

EDIT: Bah, once again, I made a mistake. Anyway, endorphin is what the demo's for, but euphoria won't take over 100mb..

Not for GTA4, no.

Come on people.. GTA4 isn't that big.

Also, BD may be able to hold up to 100GB - 200GB on the PS3, requiring only a firmware update.

This won't happen in the next year or so though.

SPQR Stealth

Ridiculous question.

Indeed they will.

The question that remains is, whether they will both have the same Audio Bitrate.

I'm pretty sure that the Blu-Ray Version ain't gonna be the same size as the DVD Version.

Fanboy ALERT.

sly.gifsuicidal.gif

lol.gif

2.52GB for HD Textures is VERY LOW if you ask me.

The game has some HUGE compression, and no one can doubt it.

Even GTA SA needed a full 4.9GB DVD, and that crap was also compressed to the maximum that you couldn't even read street signs anymore from all the blur.

I don't know how R* got the game on a DVD-DL, but they made it work, so be happy.

Not for GTA4, no.

Come on people.. GTA4 isn't that big.

Also, BD may be able to hold up to 100GB - 200GB on the PS3, requiring only a firmware update.

This won't happen in the next year or so though.

sony hasnt been to lucky with their firmware updates considering the infamous Error 8002F147.

it killed my PS3