GTAIV Audio Q&A

The Killa

wow the last screenshot in that article of the taxi in a headon collision with that semi truck is ridiculously amazing. the taxis tires are bending in toward the frame of the car. thats pretty goddamn realistic. monocle.gif

but the frame of the car isnt bending o.0

the last screen is awesome the driver gets thrown out the windsheild and the passenger in the back is being flung foward...I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!

brandon92701
Maybe I'm just spoiled by Burnout Paradise, but the lack of deformation to the front end of the minivan (being hit by a semitruck of all things) makes for a very underwhelming screenshot, and a dashing of my hopes for some real leaps in vehicle damage this time around.

I definitely like the sound of things[1] in regards to the audio, however.

[1] Horrible pun, I know.

its a shame rockstar couldnt use DMM, that would of been incredible....f*ck you lucas arts sad.gif

you guys just dont understand things in life and how they work do you. That was screenshot at the relative point of impact the car hasnt had a chance to crumple yet, next couple of seconds though that is what you would see.

hahah i just now noticed the body laying on the hood of the taxi...wow i need to pay more attention to details.

ILovePolarBears
Maybe I'm just spoiled by Burnout Paradise, but the lack of deformation to the front end of the minivan (being hit by a semitruck of all things) makes for a very underwhelming screenshot, and a dashing of my hopes for some real leaps in vehicle damage this time around.

I definitely like the sound of things[1] in regards to the audio, however.

[1] Horrible pun, I know.

its a shame rockstar couldnt use DMM, that would of been incredible....f*ck you lucas arts sad.gif

you guys just dont understand things in life and how they work do you. That was screenshot at the relative point of impact the car hasnt had a chance to crumple yet, next couple of seconds though that is what you would see.

And yet the driver has been ejected from the vehicle through the front windshield. I'm no expert, but I suspect you aren't either.

That Q&A said that Niko has 7000 lines/words, and then it said that doesn't even include cut scenes? Surely Niko doesnt have 7000 lines he says during gameplay (ie. not cut scenes)?

That would be incredible though!

Phone calls.

I was hoping this article would be a little more technical... namely saying whether or not a headphone sound option would be available (like in The Warriors). I was contemplating buying an external Dolby Digital decoder for my X-FI and using the CMSS settings to downmix it into headphone.