GTAIV Audio Q&A

The Killa

That Q&A said that Niko has 7000 lines/words, and then it said that doesn't even include cut scenes? Surely Niko doesnt have 7000 lines he says during gameplay (ie. not cut scenes)?

That would be incredible though!

xunholyknightx

wow the last screenshot in that article of the taxi in a headon collision with that semi truck is ridiculously amazing. the taxis tires are bending in toward the frame of the car. thats pretty goddamn realistic. monocle.gif

in the one close up picture, it looks like niko is picking up the girl from the trailer that says "so, where you taking me ?"

great stuff . i love the last screen shot even looks like the taxis back seat passenger got hurt

That Q&A said that Niko has 7000 lines/words, and then it said that doesn't even include cut scenes? Surely Niko doesnt have 7000 lines he says during gameplay (ie. not cut scenes)?

I'm sorry to tell you but it is possible now days. Don't doubt what you can't count. Only the voice actor will truly know how many he recorded.

If you were to listen to each line back to back, it would take over 29 hours.  Also, these figures don’t take the radio, TV, and mo-capped cut-scene dialogue into consideration.

There are functional TVs in game?

Sorry if been discussed...

Harris GTAIV

great stuff . i love the last screen shot even looks like the taxis back seat passenger got hurt

Dude, if you look closely, the driver is beibg crushed between the grills!

user posted image

If you look at the last image of the article, you can see some blood from the driver on the front bumper of the truck!

I can't wait to start covering the controversy stories for this one. Heh heh.

zUd3j4P.png

wow that's awsome! when u said some new screens i kinda doubted you but i appoligize for that...awsome find icon14.gificon14.gif

kinda stupid of me saying this but i never even though about or was aware of all this work going into the sounds

viniciusdcs

I just read it, and wow. The quality, and content of audio in GTA IV is impressive. I was blown away by some stuff that the Rockstar dude said regarding GTA IV's audio. It's a really interesting article.

ILovePolarBears

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Burnout Paradise, but the lack of deformation to the front end of the minivan (being hit by a semitruck of all things) makes for a very underwhelming screenshot, and a dashing of my hopes for some real leaps in vehicle damage this time around.

I definitely like the sound of things[1] in regards to the audio, however.

[1] Horrible pun, I know.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Burnout Paradise, but the lack of deformation to the front end of the minivan (being hit by a semitruck of all things) makes for a very underwhelming screenshot, and a dashing of my hopes for some real leaps in vehicle damage this time around.

I definitely like the sound of things[1] in regards to the audio, however.

[1] Horrible pun, I know.

its a shame rockstar couldnt use DMM, that would of been incredible....f*ck you lucas arts sad.gif

That just got me hyped once again. Whoo i was loosing it there for the lack of real update information.

GTATottenham

It says it doesnt include mo-capped custscenes. Not all cutscenes are mo-capped.

Lump_The_XXII

U know what this calls for then right ??!?!!??!

a thread of all the lines we hear niko say in game,

now when they say he has 7000 (even thou this is kinda a loop hole) they nva said that both versions of the game each have 7000 lines, I know ps3 disc hold any where from 25-50gig's of data

Xbox 360 uses DVD9 media format which is bout 7.95gigs of data,

=======

Now I own a 360, and soon when mgs3 drops it will be a ps3 as well, but for right now im rocking wit the green guy, so with all that info above i wonder........

When they say 7000 lines do they mean when counting the lines from both 360 version & the ps3, or do they mean 7000 flat out on both formats?

user posted image

"Pix or it didnt happen!" MOVEMENT! Add this 2 ur sig banner to join

Fuzzknuckles

U know what this calls for then right ??!?!!??!

a thread of all the lines we hear niko say in game,

now when they say he has 7000 (even thou this is kinda a loop hole) they nva said that both versions of the game each have 7000 lines, I know ps3 disc hold any where from 25-50gig's of data

Xbox 360 uses DVD9 media format which is bout 7.95gigs of data,

=======

Now I own a 360, and soon when mgs3 drops it will be a ps3 as well, but for right now im rocking wit the green guy, so with all that info above i wonder........

When they say 7000 lines do they mean when counting the lines from both 360 version & the ps3, or do they mean 7000 flat out on both formats?

They mean on both formats. There is no discernable difference between the two versions - they have exactly the same content.

For now.

Signatures are dumb anyway.