*SPOILER* celebrity announcment

suorange

SPOILER****

Opie and Anthony are in Grand Theft Auto IV

Lazlow is giving them a preview now and they are characters.

You can punch Opie and he will say "You're about to get pwned!"

There is a link to listen in the regular section topic, I'm listening to my local station.

Fuzzknuckles

Sorry buddy, I think this news broke a week or so ago confused.gif

cookie.gif for your effort and enthusiasm, though.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

freshlaundryX

I hate those guys.

Actually, I've never listened to the show. But I hate their commercials.

I think I can safely say that they suck and only appeal to the basest form of human being.

I hate those guys.

I think I can safely say that they suck and only appeal to the basest form of human being.

Well, they're close friends of Lazlow and have been working with him for years, so... Maybe you shouldn't be playing GTA if that's how you feel. Their show is more or less exactly like the humor you'll find in the games.

And as a matter of fact, it's already been confirmed on the show that almost everybody involved with O&A will be in the game. That includes the guys from their sister show Ron and Fez, and most of their comedian friends.

Edited by GTA510

I hate those guys.

Well, they're close friends of Lazlow and have been working with him for years, so... Maybe you shouldn't be playing GTA if that's how you feel. Their show is more or less exactly like the humor you'll find in the games.

And as a matter of fact, it's already been confirmed on the show that almost everybody involved with O&A will be in the game. That includes the guys from their sister show Ron and Fez, and most of their comedian friends.

What? you shouldnt play it if you don't like them.. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?

Vanilla Shake

I hate those guys.

Well then, I guess I'm the basest form of human being. dozingoff.gif

I suggest you listen to the show before writing it off based on a commercial.

To get back on topic, it's been confirmed that they were in the game quite a while ago, plus it was expected. They've had cameos on the radio ever since San Andreas.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

I hate those guys.

What? you shouldnt play it if you don't like them.. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?

If you think O&A suck, you're going to be bored with all of the non-mission based content in the game.

Snake Without a Tongue
I hate those guys.

All talk 'humor' radio sucks. I hate radio voices, too. Mad Cow's voice makes me want to punch a honky.

I hate those guys.

All talk 'humor' radio sucks. I hate radio voices, too. Mad Cow's voice makes me want to punch a honky.

Opie and Anthony don't use radio voices. They're one of the only exceptions in a medium which is otherwise a complete creative void.

R*'s humor ≠ O&A's humor. Not even close.

R* offers a stinging satirical critique of American culture. O&A are like all the worst elements of Howard Stern, Carlos Mencia and the Jerky Boys rolled into one, with almost none of their good elements. They're not offering thoughtful commentary, they're offering dick jokes and prank calls. Just because both R* and O&A have dick jokes like "sprunk soda" in their repertoire does not mean that their styles of humor are similar.

BTW, do we have any links to back up these O&A claims?

I hate those guys.

If you think O&A suck, you're going to be bored with all of the non-mission based content in the game.

erm.... nooooooooooooooo? what about comedy clubs? what about killing random people?

I hate those guys.

Opie and Anthony don't use radio voices. They're one of the only exceptions in a medium which is otherwise a complete creative void.

Hehe, yeah, they're the exception to the rule. Bwah ha ha. Just like these guys. suicidal.gif

Vanilla Shake

what about comedy clubs?

The comedy clubs will more than likely feature comedians that frequent the O&A Show, like Patrice O'Neal. Lazlow confirmed that he was in the game on the last episode of The Lazlow Show, and Patrice O'Neal has the same type of humor in his comedic arsenal.

In fact, it seems as though just about everybody from the O&A staff will play some sort of role in the game. That's awthum.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Lazlow is the main writer of all the comedy in GTA4, and he works closely with O&A. He wouldn't have his own radio show if it weren't for them. His work closely mirrors theirs. If you want to take a sh*t on O&A without being very familiar with them, that's fine. Just remember that the things you're saying about them are the exact same type of things that most people who aren't into video games say about the GTA series all the time.

By the way, Lazlow is on O&A live right now premiering the game. They've got a play tester playing it live in studio and they're playing tons of new uncensored audio clips from the in-game radio stations and various other voices that the O&A crew and their friends did. So if you want to hear some new GTA4 content, download the show later today or sign up for a free trial of XM online. They'll be replaying the show all day on XM channel 202.

XM Online

Edited by GTA510

what about comedy clubs?

The comedy clubs will more than likely feature comedians that frequent the O&A Show, like Patrice O'Neal. Lazlow confirmed that he was in the game on the last episode of The Lazlow Show, and Patrice O'Neal has the same type of humor in his comedic arsenal.

In fact, it seems as though just about everybody from the O&A staff will play some sort of role in the game. That's awthum.

How do you know this, your argument is pure speculation.

what about comedy clubs?

He knows it because he's heard Lazlow talk about it first hand. It's not speculation, little buddy. Liiiingger lonnger.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

what about comedy clubs?

Patrice O'Neal an actual comedian in the game that we can watch!!???

Wow. Just f*cking wow.

MisterBates666

That's awesome I love their show. Do you have a link to listen?

what about comedy clubs?

He knows it because he's heard Lazlow talk about it first hand. It's not speculation, little buddy. Liiiingger lonnger.

hold on? he heard first hand EVERY SINGLE COMEDIAN IN THE GAME and he can say that this guy will like NONE of them because he doesnt like a few? Just because someone is on someones show it doesnt mean that you can't like them if you don't like the host.. Little buddy. Wtf? you f*cking retard????

i wouldn't call opie and anthony celebrites

Ha, I agree with you there. They're just DJs.

what about comedy clubs?

hold on? he heard first hand EVERY SINGLE COMEDIAN IN THE GAME and he can say that this guy will like NONE of them because he doesnt like a few? Just because someone is on someones show it doesnt mean that you can't like them if you don't like the host.. Little buddy. Wtf? you f*cking retard????

Aren't you late for little league or something?

Snake Without a Tongue

R* offers a stinging satirical critique of American culture.

Exactly.

I cracked up listening to Lazlow talking GTA. Jim Norton piped up 'they should do one where you have sex with farm animals'.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Sounded like something some tard from here would say. Lazlow kinda politely laughed and continued talking.

To their credit, sounds like they've done great voice work.

R* offers a stinging satirical critique of American culture.

Exactly.

I cracked up listening to Lazlow talking GTA. Jim Norton piped up 'they should do one where you have sex with farm animals'.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Sounded like something some tard from here would say. Lazlow kinda politely laughed and continued talking.

To their credit, sounds like they've done great voice work.

That was a reference to a news story they were talking about earlier. It was topical, and when you have to do five hours of radio every day you're not going to be brilliant all of the time. Lazlow is a fan of Norton's. And for that matter, judging by the clips they played today he wrote a whole lot of inside references to the show into the dialogue in GTA4.

Edited by GTA510

Good stuff. O & A are class and Norton and O'Neal are both great comics. I look forward to hearing them.

Vanilla Shake

All I know is that at least Lazlow is a fan of theres. Lazlow's gotten O&A cameo roles in every GTA since San Andreas, every Lazlow Show is recorded live from O&A's studio, hell Lazlow was even psyched about having Anthony himself as a guest on the latest episode, and guess what? They made dick and fart jokes, and everybody laughed and had good time. Lazlow is also a frequent guest of the show, and he regularly listens to it in the morning.

I'm just happy that they've got some bigger roles in GTA IV. That means even more O&A in the game. icon14.gif

Oh yeah, O&A > Stern > All.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png