Did you pony up for a new system just for GTAIV?

lugnut

Bit the bullet today and finally got a 360. Though I have almost literally no cash. Praise be to credit cards. When all's said and done, it'll be $400+ for one game. Can't take it with you, as the folks say.

Bought a 360 a month ago for it. And a VGA cable to hook it up to my computer monitor, because I wipe my ass with my SD TV.

Got my 360 for Christmas, mainly so I can play GTA IV. It also makes for a nice paperweight tounge.gif

Thank god for the delay! ph34r.gif

in5dJdX.png

BulletproofShooter

Truth be told I would have bought a PS3 due to my fear of the RROD but due to a money crunch I settled on a 360 Premium. I figure as long as I don't play the game for too long and take healthy breaks like I do with my other games I should be fine. No problems with my console yet. Also, those 90 days since February went by nicely. Now we get to the agonizing final week wait.

Fuzzknuckles

Got myself a 360 Premium. Had to sell my old Xbox, my PS2 and my DS to get it.

Well worth it, though.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Tommy Dickfingers

I bought a PS3 about a year ago with GTA IV firmly in mind. Was obviously gutted when the October release date was put back until April. Still only 2 weeks to go now smile.gif

Luckily I got the 60gb one (also with a discount) so I can still play the PS2 GTA games.

I did originally buy an Xbox 360, but it crapped out on me within a couple of months, so I got sick of it and replaced it with the PS3.

I didn't buy a system specifically for GTA, I had a 360 Elite for a long time now lots of awesome games, but I did buy the PS3 specifically for Metal Gear, its really the only reason besides Blu Ray movies to own a PS3, all the other games are just borderline mediocre at the very best

I even had to get a sh*tty part time job for this game! but i got my 360 elite a few weeks ago and i get XBL set up 2moro so CoD4 will keep me pre-occupied for a few more days.

I am a online pc gamer all the way back to the original doom.

Got the ps2 for GTA III then got the other 2 gta's no other game for it.

Now i got the PS3 and 360 elite and a 37" 1080p HD TV for GTA IV and maybe other gta's in the next few years.

Getting bluray movies now also that helps in justifying the purchase smile.gif

TenEightyOne

I ditched our crappy 28" CRT and got a 42" 1080p Plasma. Oh YEAH!!! Added the madcatz HDMI lead and it's STONKING. I think that's everything now. Lots of filter coffee, lump of brown, new sofa, big telly, kids in care... (i lied about the last bit)

I got my premium 360 when gears of war came out, and got my ps3 because little big planet was supposed to be coming out but it got delayed.. but I purposely didn't look up gta4 into until now because after the first delay I didn't wanna be hyped for so long but now im so hyped this is all I can think about.. If I'm on my computer, I'm on GTA related forums lol.. I preordered the special edition 360 version

Kind of... GTAIV isn't the only reason I bought it but it's pretty important. I bought it at July-August because I wanted to play GTA when it's released in October.

had to buy a new 360 due to RROD and old warentee lol but i dont care i got the cash, plus a new monitor, plus gta

so ye not cheap

Yep, a Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

2 consoles for one game? I'm sorry but however many people say/do it i'll never understand why...

EDIT: and no I didn't buy a console just for GTA. I bought my PS3 so I could sell my PS2 and play all my games on one console.

Playstation 3. Also got a HDTV. Ugh, this is going to be good.

Can't wait to witness it all in HD.

Im popping to the shops this weekend to pick up my new 42" 1080p TV. i only took the plunge because of GTA4....

...Oh, and will also be picking up a PS3 while im there!

I upgraded everything for GTA IV. tounge.gif

New TV, Amplifier, PS3 and 360. biggrin.gif

Got my PS3 free with AOL Broadband. smile.gif

arsenal_fan

i'm buying an xbox 360 just to get this game, and probably will the only game i get since i'm poor and i only like gta anyway biggrin.gif

I bought a PS3 a week and a half ago.

it worked fine until it overheated and its fans started going like this after a few minutes of gameplay:

it's in sony now. if they discover its "defective" they'll replace the unit ofcourse. i really hope for them, and for my energies, that they do.

i have an old SDTV screen. does anyone know if you can hook a PS3 to LG LCD monitors?

i have an old SDTV screen. does anyone know if you can hook a PS3 to LG LCD monitors?

Only if your LG LCD monitor has a DVI input with HDCP support and you will need a HDMI to DVI cable. smile.gif

grasscarp99

PS3

Basically for GTA IV and whatnot suicidal.gif .

Sony gave me $100 and 0%

Got the 42" Plasma

I'm ready enough...

pretty much the olny reason i got a ps2 and a 360 was for gta!!!!! but ofcorse iv got many other games since i have the sys cool.gif

im mostly a PC guy!

PC FTW!

hawkstorm182

I got a 360in june 2006 and a ps3 last July I also bought a new HDTV with GTAIV in mind, not long now it's going to be good.

IV:twoninezerofourzeroeight 360/3

I bought a Sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD and a nice Samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV for my bedroom.

Though I will be playing other games of course. smile.gif

[intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz] [bFG Tech NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB OC2]

[2GB RAM DDR2 @ 333Mhz Each] [500GB HDD] [Creative Labs Audigy SE 7.1]

[19" ViewSonic VA1916w] [Acer FG965M Motherboard] [Windows Vista Home Premium]

[sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD]

[samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV]

[Current PS3 Games] [Gran Turismo 5 Prologue] [GTA IV]

[WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008]