Disaster

steomacki

Well guess what, it turns out that every game shop near me has taken too many preorders. That means that I wont be getting Gta untill the week after release because I stupidly assumed it would not sell out completly. So basically I just wanted to let all you people who havent pre ordered like me that there is a very real posibillity you WONT be getting Gta on release. Well, lesson learned for me.

Well guess what, it turns out that every game shop near me has taken too many preorders. That means that I wont be getting Gta untill the week after release because I stupidly assumed it would not sell out completly. So basically I just wanted to let all you people who havent pre ordered like me that there is a very real posibillity you WONT be getting Gta on release. Well, lesson learned for me.

I was telling my friend this today.

Cant say we didnt warn you though tbh.

.Up&Coming.

Have you tried any websites?

And there's always eBay. lol.gif

I bet they'll have about a bajillion brand new copies ready for overnight shipping on there and a lot of other similar sites on release day.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

well on the 29th, im just gona have soo much fun playing it. and ur gona be waiting!!! lol

you can come over and watch me play.

It just amazes me that people don't have the foresight to see this happening, its GTA of course its gonna sell out, why not take the safe route and pre-order, sh*t I pre-ordered and paid for the game in full immediately after the 1st trailer just to be safe.

I have like 25 possible stores within a 15 minute drive where i can get the game, so no worries here.

Stores like Toys R Us / K Mart don't pre order.

Circuit City/Walmart use to be first come first serve also but sh*ts getting weird. Anyways Walmart should have plenty. Wait in line a few hours before they open.

dam that sux

if ya do a last min run around (in the morning) in a massive shopping complex that has heaps of places that sell games it might pay off to do that, go as soon as they open and walk in all the places that sell the game to see if ya can get ya hands on one, as most the actuall game stores will have none in stock but doesnt stop say kmart or somthing having one

hope ya get one on the day smile.gif

Oh man, all the worrying for nothing!

Stores never know how many games they actually get in the end, so they can only take a special amount of pre orders!

They will most likely still have games left for people who did not pre order, and there will be a lot of copies on release.

It just amazes me that people don't have the foresight to see this happening, its GTA of course its gonna sell out, why not take the safe route and pre-order, sh*t I pre-ordered and paid for the game in full immediately after the 1st trailer just to be safe.

I haven't pre-ordered or reserved a copy and I guarantee you that I'll wake up at whatever time I please, drive to which ever store I feel like, and pick up a copy the day it comes out. Sure, it's better to be safe than sorry, but the odds that it'll be sold out at every store in your city (if you live in even a decent sized town) are very slim.

@OP: You said game stores, but have you tried Target or WalMart? I don't know where you live, but I know there's at least one WalMart there.

Star-Destroyer

good thing i pre-ordered it in september biggrin.gif

I pre-ordered Jan. 29th. Just paid thing off today, so all I gotta do is roll in and pick it up (hopefully at midnight). I'm number 12 of 200+ preorders at my EB Games. You gotta plan ahead man. Pre order is what? 5 bucks?

It's not like you'd need to rent this game to know if its worth buying bored.gif

No offence, but...you didn't think it'd sell out?

Lurk Morrison

LOL @ OP. Tough luck, dood.

I haven't preordered and I don't regret it. It will not sellout in my area.

Heck, I managed to buy San Andreas on launch day with zero problems.

The joy of living in a very small community with an even smaller amount of gamers.

Yeah that sucks. I was going to take the chance, and just walk in on release day.

I thought it would be better to be safe, then sorry.

its in times like this i thank god i live in portugal and most shops dont know pre-orders. they just say: well.....we dont take pre-orders but we can reserve one copy i think..... roflmao. so i just have to pick my game on 29th morning. since my website screwed me.

Alot of shops aswell as supermarkets have midnight releases. Aswell as quite few shops that don't even take pre orders, so not gonna be that hard to find a copy.

monkeyman20

cool.gif just walked in the ciruit city to buy halo 3, gears of war, bioshock, assassin's creed, call of duty and so on. it shouldnt be any different for me to walk in my ciruit city to buy gta iv. im good

MisterBates666

Why don't you just try say an hour away to other game shops. I'm sure you'll find one. The drive will be worth it I'm sure.

killahmatic

wow, that has to suck. i didnt pre order either, but i think im gonna be lucky, no stores have filled even their pre-orders

Stores like Toys R Us / K Mart don't pre order.

Circuit City/Walmart use to be first come first serve also but sh*ts getting weird. Anyways Walmart should have plenty. Wait in line a few hours before they open.

walmart sells preorders here... and their sold out... good thing i have one...

Do you have a wal mart... and i have a feeling toy's r us would be a good place to pick it up they seemed to have wii's in stock during december maybe check that out.