Different appearance of Tommy.

MAGHALBU

It's very interesting for me why Tom looks absolutelly otherwise in cutscenes and absolutelly otherwise in the game. For example have a look in the Cortez's cutscene "Mall shootout", when Tom crossed his hands on the chest. And looked at Cortez. I have this pic. And have 365 fotos of Tom. He looks absolutelly otherwise in the game. Have a look. I'll try to post them.

Up until now, cutscenes were rendered in a higher resolution format than the in-game engine could provide, so cutscenes in general were always crisper and could account for this 'difference in appearance' you're referring to.

Sorry, but it didn't make any sense. Anyway he looks absolutelly otherwise.

Vince_ThePhoenix
Yep, we need more details and pictures.

Tommy Dickfingers
Sorry, but it didn't make any sense. Anyway he looks absolutelly otherwise.

He looks absolutely otherwise?

I think you're the one not making any sense buddy.

The Kirbster

Character models will always look more High-res in the cutscenes. Tommy's cutscene look is more "kinder" looking, his in-game looks a bit messed up.

Vince_ThePhoenix

It's very interesting for me why Tom looks absolutelly otherwise in cutscenes and absolutelly otherwise in the game. For example have a look in the Cortez's cutscene "Mall shootout", when Tom crossed his hands on the chest. And looked at Cortez. I have this pic. And have 365 fotos of Tom. He looks absolutelly otherwise in the game. Have a look. I'll try to post them.

Are you referring to Victor Vance skin mod which let's you see Victor Vance in cut scenes only ?

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=Pri...&f=222&t=323918

Well geez; he keeps asking us to have a look but won't post them for us to see. Also seems like he's using a translator while he types - as for what he's goin on about, if it isn't what I'm thinking it is, then maybe he IS looking at a modded game... cool.gif

Not modded. I couldn't post them. I can email them to u all. I meant saying have a look not in here. Have a look in the game. If someone plays on PC, make the controler setting on the classic mode, then make Tom backward. U'll see his face. Capture it. Then start a new game, and see when he's in the cutscene of "THE PARTY". When he talks to Ken. Or when he walks with Mercedes on the yacht. Then u'll see the difference. I'm sorry, that couldn't post the pics.

Edited by MAGHALBU

MAGHALBU was having trouble uploading the pictures he was trying to use as reference for the topic. So he emailed me the pictures and here they are freshly hosted -

user posted image

user posted image

The Kirbster

Hmm... monocle.gif not really different if you ask me. The one from the cutscene just looks a bit more detailed.

Thanx, @saintdave, you're a great man. But if u all see, there is a little difference. Click to view enlarged. I make some fotos of Tom rather often. He's my FAVORITE character. Others just people for me. He's the STAR!!!

I've only downloaded some skins. For example a skin of kickboxer. Punches are more powerfull. It's with boxing gloves. Red gloves+bras knuckles.

Edited by MAGHALBU

As we have explained, Tommy looks more clear in cutscenes, or, "animations" shown when entering a mission, such as "The Party." The characters are made to look more clear to make the cutscenes look better. During actual gameplay, Tommy is pixelized and less clear so that the game can render other things more clearly, such as cars, buildings, and other things. During cutscenes, this isn't needed, because you aren't playing, meaning you aren't loading any of your surroundings.