Is it just me or is it Gamestop

Lump_The_XXII

Lump_The_XXII

I unno, it seems like everytime I go into they stores it's always a worker who has that "I really dont wanna talk to u, or even sell u a videogame" type of attitude, and they always like "scaring" you into pre-ordering some sh*t like

Potential Customer: Yea when does <any new game coming soon u can think of> come out?

Gamestop Woker: Well it comes out in June, BUT you should put down a deposit because it's gonna be sold out and we are only get a limited amount of copies.

That sh*t blows my f*cking mind, lol anyone else have this same issue?

user posted image

"Pix or it didnt happen!" MOVEMENT! Add this 2 ur sig banner to join

I unno, it seems like everytime I go into they stores it's always a worker who has that "I really dont wanna talk to u, or even sell u a videogame" type of attitude, and they always like "scaring" you into pre-ordering some sh*t like

Potential Customer: Yea when does <any new game coming soon u can think of> come out?

Gamestop Woker: Well it comes out in June, BUT you should put down a deposit because it's gonna be sold out and we are only get a limited amount of copies.

Hmm i didnt think anyone else would feel the same... but i got you bro... they do the same sh*t where i used to go, thats why i'm a Proud MVP of GameCrazy. =D

Lump_The_XXII

Hmm i didnt think anyone else would feel the same... but i got you bro... they do the same sh*t where i used to go, thats why i'm a Proud MVP of GameCrazy. =D

I need to check that one out, they a good company?

user posted image

"Pix or it didnt happen!" MOVEMENT! Add this 2 ur sig banner to join

Theres a guy at my gamestop who is a total douche bag. He made me bring in my mom to reserve GTA4 ( I'm 17, I can buy it on my own ) but my school I.D. wasnt good enough. He wanted a pristine state ordered form of ID, which I thought was ridiculous ( I look like I'm 21 btw ).

Any other guy there would have just let me do it with school id. I hate gamestop. >_<

Gamestop guys are idiots. Period. They think they know everything, too, but all they know is what is printed in their magazines, and that crap is always at least two weeks old by the time it prints--so if you ask them a real question, they have no idea what you're talking about--then they pretend YOU'RE the stupid one.

Every time we leave a Gamestop, my wife says, "I don't care that you play video games...I'm just glad you're not a dork like those guys."

And I say, "Me, too."

Then we do it, get in the car and drive home.

I originally pre-ordered GTA IV from the Gamestop closest to my house at the mall. I asked the guy if they were doing a midnight launch. He said maybe, but it is not confirmed. So I called yesterday and they are not because it is in the mall which means he knew they were not. I then called the other Gamestop a little further away and they are doing it. Now they won't let me transfer my store credit from one to the other so I can get it at midnight. I guess they are not affiliated or something??

The manager also was basically deterring me from pre-ordering it if I really wanted a midnight launch. He said "maybe you should make that decision once you know what you are gonna do". What I am going to do?? Of course I am getting it but if someone else offers midnight release and you don't I may not want it from you! I just spent 90$ besides the pre-order, chill out and treat me like a customer. They are such goofy fools..

RastaSublime17

Yeah dude, it's either they try to sell you sh*t, or they try to convince your parent it's not a good game for you. Like they know what games are good for me, personally. Gamestop fun-ployees are jerkoffs.

user posted image

So basically to answer your post.....it is not just you IT IS GAMESTOP!

Just a funny observation, but the manager of this gamestop has a big ass (fake) silver ring with the Batman signal. And a rope necklace with a plastic bat on it. And he is a ginger kid (we all know they have no souls) Just thought it made the visualization of this guy better....

vanity_sanity

yep I always have experiences like that at Gamestop. I hate it too. I can totally understand them asking do you want to preorder this, buy the strategy guide for that, become a member of their club, or whatever. But once you say no, that should be it. Not the beginning of some two minute rant about the benefits as if they know the gaming populous so well they can tell you what games are going to be sold out -_- sleepy.gif

i went in my gamestop to buy rainbox vegas and the dude said "we gotta ask anybody who looks under 30 for there id" because i look young. i was like wtf i showed him my id and i bet that shuted him up. then i went with my mom to buy call of duty and he told her "do you appove of this game" im like wtf im 19!

i hate gamestop!

To me, it seems like all of the Gamestop's that I've went to just have non-social people working the counter. They just don't know how to interact with people...I'll ask, "When does Prototype release?"

And they'll yell, "OCTOBER!.....YOU SHOULD PRE-ORDER IT!!!!" just because they don't know what else to say...

It's like making friendly conversation wasn't programmed into their brains....

They are sales people. They're job is to sell you things.

Sure, they could be nicer about it like other places, but what you gonna do?

i went in my gamestop to buy rainbox vegas and the dude said "we gotta ask anybody who looks under 30 for there id" because i look young. i was like wtf i showed him my id and i bet that shuted him up. then i went with my mom to buy call of duty and he told her "do you appove of this game" im like wtf im 19!

i hate gamestop!

I was carded for some video game (I can't remember which) at WalMart, and I was 25 at the time.

I worked there for six months, and it was easily the worst job I've ever had. Believe me, the employees there wouldn't be out scare mongering people into reserving games if it wasn't for management. It's all about numbers--as are most things in life.

SantiagoDomingo

Wow . . . interesting people in this thread. It is a job, they are told what to do, what to say, etc . . .

shrineguard

Gamestop forces you to preorder because they stock so damn little of pretty much any game. Years past you used to not have to preorder, but now you most certainly do because as more and more people preordered, less and less could get the game without preordering, so then even people who normally wouldn't preorder now do.

I used to think that shopping at a gamestop was better than at a big box, but that's just a nutty idea. Way I see it, gamestop is essentially a tiny box store with worse stock.

You're much better off going to a big box electronics store like Circuit City or Best Buy, since they will almost always have full stock of a brand new game, even one like GTA4. For example, after the Halo 3 launch, I went in to my Best Buy at about 4:00PM the day after the midnight release and they still had easily 50 copies. You might get unlucky and have a close Best Buy that has less stock, but generally speaking you'll be fine.

Oh, and even better, if you have a Sam's Club membership, you can get a game for typically 7-8 dollars cheaper than the retail price...and if you have a Sam's Club small business membership, you can get into the store 3 hours before everyone else and ensure that you get the game if you're worried about it wink.gif.

gtaIVlyfe321

I like gamestop but theres this one fat guy that worked at mine and every time i try to buy a video game he like states the negative aspects of the game......this game is terrible.....you cant even jump higher than 2 feet in this one.....and once i was buying a game he goes " Yo lenny get my zelda sword so i can chop this kids head off for buying this game"...

MasterYoca13

it's called upsaleing, the company you work for that sells things trains you in this. it's a despicable tactic, but i got used to it.

i used to work at six flags, and i was selling things, but i never upsold because i believe if someone wanted to buy something, they'd buy it. i'm all for human rights and freedom. (i'm also certified in customer service.) sly.gif

RageOfTheJester

eb/gamestop employees have to have a certain number of pre orders and game informer subscriptions sold each month to keep their jobs. its a stupid business method and ensures a crappy customer service experience.

MasterYoca13
Wow . . . interesting people in this thread. It is a job, they are told what to do, what to say, etc . . .

i hear you, but they listen when they're told to do a bad tactic of practically stealing someones money. i wouldn't listen. i may offer say, a warranty, but i would not say "you gotta get the warranty" and if they say no, i'd be like, excellent choice sir you have a great day now, be careful outside the roads are wet. biggrin.gif

luminous piss

i hate gamestop!

Well you're 19 so you probably go look under 30... hence why he asked you for ID.

eb/gamestop employees have to have a certain number of pre orders and game informer subscriptions sold each month to keep their jobs. its a stupid business method and ensures a crappy customer service experience.

But $$$ for the big man.

And we all know, that is what counts in this world.

Rayvercetti

God forbid people wanting to sell stuff in a retail store. You should just be able to walk in there and waste there time, how could anyone in a retail store expect you to buy anything?

MasterYoca13
I originally pre-ordered GTA IV from the Gamestop closest to my house at the mall. I asked the guy if they were doing a midnight launch. He said maybe, but it is not confirmed. So I called yesterday and they are not because it is in the mall which means he knew they were not. I then called the other Gamestop a little further away and they are doing it. Now they won't let me transfer my store credit from one to the other so I can get it at midnight. I guess they are not affiliated or something??

The manager also was basically deterring me from pre-ordering it if I really wanted a midnight launch. He said "maybe you should make that decision once you know what you are gonna do". What I am going to do?? Of course I am getting it but if someone else offers midnight release and you don't I may not want it from you! I just spent 90$ besides the pre-order, chill out and treat me like a customer. They are such goofy fools..

bullsh*t. thats bad customer service. you can transfer your preorder to any other store for no charge.

I love my Gamestop.

One time i bought Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii (worst rail shooter EVER) and after playing it for a few days for a couple hours I was disgusted that i had just blown Frontlines and 25 bucks for that piece of sh*t. Luckily there's this cool chick there and she said since it was me (i was chattin it up when i bought it) she would give me a full refund in store credit (used it to fully pay off and preorder GTA IV biggrin.gif ) as opposed to the $10 trade-in value.

I shall forever be in debt to Gamestop

GTA4formyps3

Yep! When I bought resistance I had one guy scare me into a pre-order saying "You should pre-order lair, Everyone is buying a PS3 just for that and its almost sold out." I hate that sh*t! LOL

I was also pushed into buying the Special Edition of GTA IV instead of the regular edition

I've had that happen before where you get that feeling sad.gif . But At my local gamestop there's this one guy hwo works there almost everyday and he couldent be happier to help you. He does a good job to icon14.gif

I love my Gamestop.

One time i bought Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii (worst rail shooter EVER) and after playing it for a few days for a couple hours I was disgusted that i had just blown Frontlines and 25 bucks for that piece of sh*t. Luckily there's this cool chick there and she said since it was me (i was chattin it up when i bought it) she would give me a full refund in store credit (used it to fully pay off and preorder GTA IV biggrin.gif ) as opposed to the $10 trade-in value.

You do know they have a 7 day return if it is dissatisfaction right? i.e. Game sucks!

I love my Gamestop.

You do know they have a 7 day return if it is dissatisfaction right? i.e. Game sucks!

No they don't thats only on USED games, since a new game when you open it the plastic packaging comes of making it officially not sealed as new anymore

Otherwise people would use it as a free rental