Gang members gone

0Artur0

I was messing up with GTASA Ultimate Editor editing peds and now all my gang buddies disappeared from Ganton... just some random peds and actually a SF gang member, alone, were walking around my neighborhood.. strange. Is there any way to get my gang back? What file is responsible for that? I already tried to undo all I did, it was nothing special, but it's still no good. And also I don't see any police except if I shoot around, than they come. Help!

I don't think the Ultimate Editor makes any changes that are written to the save file, so all you need to do is replace you files with the backups you made before beginning your modifications. If you skipped that step, then reinstall and make the backups before you begin again.

The Grove Street zone has a special flag that disables the random footcops (maybe cars too, but Grove doesn't have random cars). Grove Street is the only zone with this flag; I can't figure out why cops don't spawn at train stations.

Ok, is there any way to get original ped files (ped.ide, pedstats, ..)???

i downloaded a mod that has 4 ped files in it (ped.ide, pedstats ...) I just copied those 4 files over existing files and now I have gangs and families again, but there are also ballas in front of my house and when I get out I get immedietly shot at (that's the mod). So there was a problem with one of those 4 pedestrian files.

Are there any good pedestrian mods on the net? I looked everywhere and found just a few bad ones.

Ok, is there any way to get original ped files (ped.ide, pedstats, ..)???

Yep, you already have the original files on DVD. All you need to do is reinstall.

Always back up your files before making modifications.

That's the problem.. I don't want to reinstall because I lost so much time replacing files in gta.img, I was backing up everything like a mad man all the time and than in the end my peds files got messed up and I didn't even touch them (well, not intentionally), and of course, I didn't backed them up.

That's the problem.. I don't want to reinstall because I lost so much time replacing files in gta.img, I was backing up everything like a mad man all the time and than in the end my peds files got messed up and I didn't even touch them (well, not intentionally), and of course, I didn't backed them up.

Copy your modded San Andreas folder somewhere else, uninstall San Andreas, Then Install. You will have an unmodded copy of San Andreas installed, all orginal files, still with your mods. One of the folders with your mods would have been deleted, but you still have the other one (the one you copyed).

Yes, I will probably do that since I'm obviously not getting those 4 tiny original files (PED.DAT, pedgrp.dat, PEDS.IDE, PEDSTATS.DAT - 40KB all together).

The problem is, there is a good chance that I will forget something, a file, whatever, I have so many automatic and manual mods installed (I spent 2 whole days doing that this week) and just to think to reinstall after all that... it's not pretty. I already looked on the DVD but I can't extract files from setup.

Edited by 0Artur0

I copied whole GTA folder, uninstall, install back, copied all but peds files back and it's all good. It works. Thanks.

Drippin'187

you know, just my opinion, i know people around here dont support file sharing and all that, but come on, not at least one person could take oo maybe 3 minutes to upload a 40kg file n jus send it to him, an tell him to remember to make backups next time

Well, every mod includes parts of original files...

I'm not mad that nobody gave me thost 4 tiny files (not exe, not dll,..), I reinstalled and it's ok now, but it would be much nicer if somebody would simply e-mail me those files because it's really not a big deal. I didn't ask for gta_sa.exe or something smile.gif

It there a rule on this forum not to share any files at all? (retorical..)