"You'll regret hitting peds"

Redsawxfan

I rember I was reading an article (Can't link it) where it says you'll regret hitting peds by accident. If you combine that with fact that you can kill lil' jacob I think its possible main characters will walk around outside of missions.

hmm, I think your right. they would have to get healed at a hospital or something or you could never complete the game if you accidentally killed one.

.Up&Coming.

Yeah, that's been said.

I'm still trying to figure out how catching characters like Roman walking around and "accidentally" killing them will affect the story, or how it can possibly happen.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

I rember I was reading an article (Can't link it) where it says you'll regret hitting peds by accident. If you combine that with fact that you can kill lil' jacob I think its possible main characters will walk around outside of missions.

You have got the wrong end of the stick.

By "Regret hitting peds" they mean, that the physics engine makes it look so realistic that the ped will look like they are in pain. And therefore anybody with an ounce of erm... goodness.. in them may regret doing so.

Yeah, that's been said.

I'm still trying to figure out how catching characters like Roman walking around and "accidentally" killing them will affect the story, or how it can possibly happen.

They cant give u missions if they're dead.

Yeah, that's been said.

it won't. There are certain parts of the story when u have to decide who lives and who dies but if u see roman or someone on the streets and kill him they won't be gone forever

By "Regret hitting peds" they mean, that the physics engine makes it look so realistic that the ped will look like they are in pain. And therefore anybody with an ounce of erm... goodness.. in them may regret doing so.

Well i don't have any ounces

newb to the site, whats a ped boys n girls?

kicks himself in advance

biggrin.gif

A ped is a pedestrian, or someone who walks around on the sidewalk.

.Up&Coming.
Yeah, that's been said.

it won't. There are certain parts of the story when u have to decide who lives and who dies but if u see roman or someone on the streets and kill him they won't be gone forever

Yeah, I'm just wondering how that works out though.

You kill them, and then they're alive the next time you see them?

I think it's weird, but whatever.

Maybe you can only hurt them to a certain extent, and then the ambulance comes or something and a cutscene interrupts your killing spree. Would suck...and it's weird.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Well i don't have any ounces

Well then you won't regret hitting peds. Simple as.

kicks himself in advance

biggrin.gif

AI Character, Pedestrian, Innocent bystander. smile.gif

R3VOLUTiON16

kicks himself in advance

biggrin.gif

Ped is a pedestrian

They're probably saying that in a tongue-in-cheek manner cause it'll be a lot more realistic. moto_whistle.gif

bluescouser

cheers

i leave the peasants to it but if they get in my way then over the bonnet they go.

i look forward to running you all over online icon14.gif

It's because they're so life like with the physics and animations

and others are likely to help out another if you try to beat someone down, and they call the cops in most cases.

...and cause they'll kick your ass. Several previews have mentioned picking a fight with a ped, only for another ped to join the first one and beat the living sh*t out of Niko.

Xbcfootball54X

I think it means that th peds r so much lik real humans and r so realistic that u wont want 2 stop them from continuing(spelling notify.gif ) their lives?? confused.giffacedesk.gif

streetshakerz

im planning on driving down the sidewalk and hitting as many peds as i can at different speeds just to see the crazyness of euphoria at work

lol yea thats what i got out of reading that lol.

MAD-AS-HELL

you son of a bitch cryani.gif ,why'd you have to put a spoiler right there without any warning. cryani.gif

i didn't want to believe it at first cryani.gif , but it all makes sense cryani.gif , the previews all said that Jacobs accent got on Niko's nerves cryani.gif , so he would have to kill him cryani.gif .

(hard sobbing, heavy breathing, and sniffling ensue)

It is referring to physics and how like-like things are.

I think it was the Zoo Australia article.

I do know that it actually said something along the lines of "With Euphoria in action, we almost regretted hitting the peds".

So yes, that is exactly what it means.