gay characters

Mafioso86

So I was reading the OPM review that came out today (really good read btw... check it out if you haven't), and I came across a number of mentions of gay characters. Doesn't really surprise/bother me as I'm from New York and there are plenty of gays living there. One spoke about going on a boat right with a gay friend from the old country... if you read the OXM review yesterday I'm pretty sure this is the character that they mentioned named Bernie. They also mention a paranoid lesbian coke dealer, which is interesting because I never considered it... but I think Elizabeta might be a lesbian... which makes the idea of dating her go from completely unappealing to sounding very fun... as I'd really want to see if I can get Niko to turn her to the other team. The last thing, and one that is most controversial in my opinion is the mention of Roman's favorite club which is called the Pink Triangle Gentleman's Club. In case you don't know the nazis made gays wear pink triangles (just as jews had to wear yellow stars)... since then the emblem has been adopted as a symbol of pride in the gay community. I know that we heard that Roman has a girlfriend... but I can't think of any other reason for this place to be called the pink triangle.

.Up&Coming.

Well, there are all types of people in NYC, so gay characters wouldn't surprise me in the least since IV is inspired by NYC.

As for the club thing, I don't know, and no offense, but I don't really care.

Edit: At guy above me: We're not allowed to link to the review. At least we weren't.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Who cares? They could put Keanu Reeves in a dominatrix outfit on horseback if they wanted to. Gays are people too.

user posted image

Click here to join The Dinghers!

Put this in your signature if you think Looper55 sucks. lol

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

It talks about Roman being a ladies man, so I don't think he's gay. There was also the rumour that Packie was gay, but I doubt that.

As long as I don't have to make Niko virtually date those guys for extra privileges (guns, or w/e), I'm fine with that.

libertycity's finest

PLEASE COULD WE HAVE A LINK TO THIS REVIEW

OMG OMG OMG

ITS SOOOO CLOSE

WE ARE IN SINGLE DIGITS NOW

DONT GIVE UP WE ARE SO CLOSE :D

JamesEarlCash

but I can't think of any other reason for this place to be called the pink triangle.

It's just meant to be ironic.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Hmm, I could actually see Roman being a closet homosexual. Remember his video on the IV website where he yells at someone on the phone, "I'm not gay!" or somethin' like that? At first it was humorous, but looking at it now, it's a real good coincidence.

And yes, when I saw Bernie, someone from Niko's past, I immediately decided he was gay as well.

As for Elizabeta, it totally makes sense that she be a lesbian.

PopTheGlock
As long as I don't have to make Niko virtually date those guys for extra privileges (guns, or w/e), I'm fine with that.

TC said no homophobes in this thread. Respect his wish.

What makes you think he's homophobic? He has the right to say he doesn't want to date virtual men, I would think...

He even said he's fine with it so STFU!

user posted image

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

PopTheGlock

What makes you think he's homophobic? He has the right to say he doesn't want to date virtual men, I would think...

If he wasn't a homophobe he wouldn't have any f*cking problems with making a f*cking videogame character date other men. Please learn how to think.

If he wasn't a homophobe he wouldn't have any f*cking problems with making a f*cking videogame character date other men. Please learn how to think.

Ok, so I'm not gay at all IRL,

but now i have the urge to go home and make my MAss Effect character have sex with Kaiden. But hey, it's a video game so it's alright.

Learn to make a point.

user posted image

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

NikoVercetti

Speaking as a straight, non homophobe, I dont want to make Niko date gay guys. So stfu.

BEWARE, that review has some spoilers about who that special someone is, and I'm pretty pissed off right now. Approach with caution.

rollingstoner

lol, I bet you can make Niko gay, meet up with guys from the dating site, kinda like bully....

Way!! big gay eastern European psycho killer... listening to electro on a pink fagio...

This game sounds better all the time...

My gay Niko would be like the Willem Dafoe character Pal Smecker from the film The Boondock Saints...legend

The last thing, and one that is most controversial in my opinion is the mention of Roman's favorite club which is called the Pink Triangle Gentleman's Club. In case you don't know the nazis made gays wear pink triangles (just as jews had to wear yellow stars)... since then the emblem has been adopted as a symbol of pride in the gay community. I know that we heard that Roman has a girlfriend... but I can't think of any other reason for this place to be called the pink triangle.

I think it may be a very crude reference to a vagina. I am utterly convinved it is a strip club and not a gay bar.

The last thing, and one that is most controversial in my opinion is the mention of Roman's favorite club which is called the Pink Triangle Gentleman's Club. In case you don't know the nazis made gays wear pink triangles (just as jews had to wear yellow stars)... since then the emblem has been adopted as a symbol of pride in the gay community. I know that we heard that Roman has a girlfriend... but I can't think of any other reason for this place to be called the pink triangle.

I think it may be a very crude reference to a vagina. I am utterly convinved it is a strip club and not a gay bar.

user posted image

Denial is futile.

kinda regret making this topic as i think this type of thing inevitably goes to sh*t. Anyways... I was more just trying to discuss the characters as in general they are one of the most interesting parts of the game in my opinion (be them gay, jew, white, black, or purple). I guess I could see the pink triangle being a panocha reference... though i completely forgot about that scene with Roman yelling out, "I'm not gay!" I think more than likely there may be a running joke with people thinking Roman is gay and part of that joke may be that his favorite bar is called the pink triangle.

There has been homosexual people on the streets in past GTA's. You can tell by the comments they make. Also their tone of voice is different. So I wouldn't be surprised to see gay characters again. It's nothing new.

Silent-Hill
Id shoot this Bernie guy and every other fag in Liberty City as soon as I had a chance icon13.gif

count me in. I'll cleanse Liberty city.

How does that make me a homophobe? A homophobe would sound more like "OMG No GAY NOOOO GAYYYYYS". I simply said, as long as I don't have to be "gay" with them, I'm ok with that. I have respect for homosexuals (sorta), but that doesn't mean I also have to do what they do... ya know...

There has been homosexual people on the streets in past GTA's. You can tell by the comments they make. Also their tone of voice is different. So I wouldn't be surprised to see gay characters again. It's nothing new.

Like the guy with the penis in his notebook from III. tounge.gif