Achievements

corganizm

What is the point of acheivement points? Can you buy xbox live games with them or downloadable content,or are they just foR show?

Bragging rights, comparison with friends, extra incentive to play the game in ways you might not have bothered with before.

GTAIV-NewYork

Those people who want to become the first people to complete it 100% in the shortest time make me laugh. Wasting all that exploration for a little prize.

Bragging rights, comparison with friends, extra incentive to play the game in ways you might not have bothered with before.

mainly these, yes

Gta IV King

Points for me give me more motive to complete games. You actually get something out of completing a game with points. You can also view other people's achievements too. I personally sometimes look at my friends achievements and try to beat them.

tounge2.gif

Games I own:

GTA IV/SA/VC/III, COD4/3/2, Gears Of War, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike, Bio Shock, Halo 3, The Club, Frontline: fuel of war, Rb6v 1/2, Army Of Two, Guitar Hero 2/3, Forza 2, Far cry, PGR 3/4, Spiderman 3, Colin Mcrae Dirt, Saints Row, Fifa 06/07/08, Oblivion, Amped 3, G.R.A.W 1/2, Crackdown, Skate, Dead rising, Sonic, every Lara Croft ever made (I've always loved it since the first Tomb raider)... Won't include Xbox 1, PS1/2 or N64 games because it'll take all day to write...

Oh, yes I'm a geek...

Fuzzknuckles
Those people who want to become the first people to complete it 100% in the shortest time make me laugh. Wasting all that exploration for a little prize.

There's nothing stopping people playing it slowly first time around, then speed trialling it when they know the game better.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

I always feel well happy when i get an achievement, mainly because i get gamerpoints. And i have a higher gamerscore than my ex, which makes me feel VERY happy.

When you reach 1000 achievement points, you get a lolipop.

Maybe some cherry pie?.... wink.gif lol

Achievemtns I think is great because it shows which your devoted to the most. If you ever see me on XBL, you'll see that I have been playing GTA IV then any other game! muahahaha!

makiaveli777

exactly imagine somewone (including me) waiting for one year for the game and looking on the gta 4 site every day, then wen he gets it hes gonna finsinh the whole game in two weeks. how crazy is that wow.gif

user posted image

There's nothing stopping people playing it slowly first time around, then speed trialling it when they know the game better.

Except that there is a prize for the first ten people to complete it 100%. Not that I care that much. It's going to go to people who used the strategy guides anyway. So, in effect, the prizes are going to go to first ten people to basically cheat their way through the game.

I don't care that much. I'll take my time enjoying the game. I'm not playing it to compete with anyone else.

Achievement points are just there to go with your e-penis.

too true...

Some have in game benefits though....like in Mass Effect certain achievements give bonuses to damage and damage resistance and such.

There's going to be thousands of people going for the 100% complete first...nearly every one of them will have the strategy guides..spoiling all their fun.

Me...initially I'm not planning on getting the strategy guide...it just spoils stuff too much. Also I don't plan on trying to be the first at anything...I want to actually enjoy my game.

Think about all those reviewers who lamented the fact that they had to play through the game quickly just so they could review it or preview it. Yeah they get to be one of the first...but at what cost?

Edited by thor79

Ahem...

I guess my e-tits?

I've got a few of them on D:\ somewhere.

GTASA_passer

Ahem...

I guess my e-tits?

erm...wut teh crap?

LOL. i did those grammar mistakes to make it better.

again :

WUT TEH CRAP?

GTAIV-NewYork

@Aimee

Uugh, Skins. Can't you watch some real television besides a bunch of sixth formers pretending their life is hard because they just got dumped again and showing off, look I can smoke weed!! Yaaaaay!!!!

Anyways, I can't imagine using a strategy guide just to show off "Look I completed da game be4 u! n00b.

@Aimee

Uugh, Skins. Can't you watch some real television besides a bunch of sixth formers pretending their life is hard because they just got dumped again and showing off, look I can smoke weed!! Yaaaaay!!!!

Anyways, I can't imagine using a strategy guide just to show off "Look I completed da game be4 u! n00b.

It's great how I've never seen Skins yet one look at a picture advertisement and I had it summed up completely. Don't think I'll watch it after your confirmation wink.gif

Crimson Engage

You have no clue how achievements work do? I can take my time and rack up points as i play. No need to rush. You get achievement point for achieving something such as collecting 100 packages etc etc. But you wouldnt know that because your precious ps3 doesnt have that feature. lol. PS3 to be updated so players can get ps3 "accomplishments". Seems to me the ps3 is stealing other consoles ideas. Pathetic. I don't believe I waisted $500 on a garbage can.

@Aimee

Haha, it's very unrealistic at times, but also very addictive. I missed about 75% of this series though, but Cassie is wonderful, she's the only reason i watch it lol. No need to worry, it was the last episode for a whole year last night......anyway, go in to here and say that, they watch Skins. I'm pretty sure no one else in this thread watches it...

GTAIV-NewYork
But you wouldnt know that because your precious ps3 doesnt have that feature. lol. PS3 to be updated so players can get ps3 "accomplishments". Seems to me the ps3 is stealing other consoles ideas. Pathetic. I don't believe I waisted $500 on a garbage can.

FANBOY ALERT. WE HAVE A FANBOY.

Shut the f*ck up.

You're so pathetic anyone would agree. I'm not even going to bother. I hope the mods ban you.

Crimson Engage

But you wouldnt know  that because your precious ps3 doesnt have that feature. lol. PS3 to be updated so players can get ps3 "accomplishments".  Seems to me the ps3 is stealing other consoles ideas. Pathetic. I don't believe I waisted $500 on a garbage can.

Shut the f*ck up.

You're so pathetic anyone would agree. I'm not even going to bother. I hope the mods ban you.

How ironic... from one fanboy to another, eat sh*t.

BTW i'm not a fanboy. I happen to own both consoles smart ass. I just happen to favor one over the other. No such thing as a fanboy. Look it up in the dictionary. Its a term made up by nerds like you.

Edited by Crimson Engage

GTAIV-NewYork
But you wouldnt know  that because your precious ps3 doesnt have that feature. lol. PS3 to be updated so players can get ps3 "accomplishments".  Seems to me the ps3 is stealing other consoles ideas. Pathetic. I don't believe I waisted $500 on a garbage can.

Shut the f*ck up.

How the hell am I a fanboy, please enlighten me.

It's nice being rewarded even the smallest stuff. Why, in RE3, did I beat the Nemesis on hard with only the handgun in front of police station even though I had more weapons? Because I enjoyed doing something different. I don't care so much more for the points as just the achievements themselves, you actually have something to show for. I wouldn't even bother with finding things like hidden items (flags in assassin's creed) unless it was worth something. I would have more points but my old account got whacked for some reason and wouldn't renew, so I lost about 4000 gamerpoints a while back.

Crimson Engage

Shut the f*ck up.

How the hell am I a fanboy, please enlighten me.

hmm let's see you call me a fanboy when im just stating my personal opinion. (attacking an xbox user) and you have the PS logo under your sig that displays your psn id. Was I addressing you? No. did i spacifically say i hate the ps3 and the 360 is better no. so all in all you are a "fanboy". And it must take big balls telling someone to stfu over the internet. Do it in real life and see what happens boy.

GTAIV-NewYork

Read the freakin' quote bitch. It doesn't get more fanboy than calling the ps3 pathetic and saying it's copying other console ideas AND saying you wasted money on it you Idiot. Contridict yourself much? I give up with you moron.