Renderware SDK or Directx?

roby65

Hi guys!

I'm working on a d3d9 proxy with directx....but now i found this renderware SDK!

which is better? smile.gif

I think Renderware was developed for cross-plattform development, just like Java. The purpose is to allow easy development of a (3D) application for PC+PS2+etc., if I am not mistaken.

[Edit] Keyword: Middleware. smile.gif

Alex

Edited by AK-73

ModelingMan

The only problem that arises is licensing. To distribute an application linked with the Renderware libraries is illegal without the proper license. Although you can use the RW headers in conjunction with calling the RW functions embedded in III, VC or SA, this rules out the legal issues, but you'll find that all three 3D GTAs don't have every RW function...

If you are a user of IDA (Interactive Disassembler), and have Flair included with it, you can create a signature file from the RW libraries and apply it to a GTA disassembly which will give you the locations of the RW functions.

abstract_sig.png

If you are a user of IDA (Interactive Disassembler), and have Flair included with it, you can create a signature file from the RW libraries and apply it to a GTA disassembly which will give you the locations of the RW functions.

Could you tell me how to do that? I've always wanted to know...

ModelingMan

Could you tell me how to do that? I've always wanted to know...

Well first you copy flair\bin\pcf.exe to the folder with the *.lib files and type the following in command prompt:

pcf -s *.lib <insert pattern name>.pat

A pattern file is now created, copy this file to flair\bin\ and in the command prompt (from the Flair bin folder) type the following:

sigmake <insert pattern name>.pat <insert signature name>.sig

If there happens to be collisions (sigmake will say so, and it's most probable there will be), then you must go to the folder and look for a .exc file... Open it in notepad, and you should see these lines:

;--------- (delete these lines to allow sigmake to read this file); add '+' at the start of a line to select a module; add '-' if you are not sure about the selection; do nothing if you want to exclude all modules

Remove them, save, and re-run sigmake with the same parameters. You should now have a .sig file which you should copy to the IDA\sig\ folder.

abstract_sig.png