Need a little help

mac915

Like everyone here, I'm anxiously waiting for GTA IV to be released so that I can spend countless hours playing it. Unfortunately fo me, the 29th is not the day I will get it. I ordered it through Amazon and opted for free shipping. This means I will not get the game until May 5th at the earliest. This sucks. However, I've waited this long for the game, an extra week or so is not a big deal. I do want to play it though, so I'm thinking of renting it from Blockbuster beforehand so I can at least get my fix before I get my copy. What should I do?

Shootin_spree

rent it my man, you will wanna get the fix, believe me, everyone is gonna be happily playing it, then you will get it a week later and be like, "no way, this is so sick", and everyone will have realised that 6 or 7 days before you.

May 5th is also just an estimate with the free shipping, because what free shipping does is it takes the stuff from multiple warehouses, brings it to a central shipping location, repackages it all into one box, then ships it out (it ends up saving amazon money this way).

So you may actually get the game on the 29th anyways, depends on if Amazon will send it out to be repackaged at a different location even though it's the only thing you ordered.

I'm in the same boat as you, though I can wait until the weekend because I have school during the week anyways!

Thanks for the replies. I want to rent it, but I also have finals coming up around that time, plus final papers to do, and work. The only time I would really be able to sit down and play it would be the weekend. That's why I'm leaning more toward waiting. If I rent it on Tuesday, I can maybe play it for an hour, hour and a half before work. I don't get in til almost 1 then I have class in the morning and for most of the day. The rest of the week is pretty much the same. It seems like sort of a waste in my opinion to rent the game for 5 days and play it for at most 3 hours.

if you'd shell out the 8 bucks to rent it, you might as well have spent that money on decent shipping

About the free shipping thing, I had just started a new job, and I didn't really have much money saved up. Buying the game pretty much wiped out my account for a week. I've been there for three months so my money is a little better. I could change the shipping now, and seeing as how I most likely won't be renting the game, I most likely will do that. Thanks for the advice.

If a mod could lock this now, that would be greeeeaaattttt.

/Bill Lumbergh