Scariest video game moments?

The Killa

While I haven't played or watched anyhing scary from a game in a while, it got me thinking the other day what HAS scared me the most.

This one scared me the most. It was f*cking creepy as a kid. Perhaps you can relate.

Also, those MOTHERf*ckING BLACK HEADCRABS in HL2. Oh my tits, they were horrible.

Anyway, what are some moments that made you sh*t bricks or jump?

Edit: I also forgot to mention the infamous bathtub in Eternal Darkness

Edited by The Killa

Halo, those damn jellyfish things f*cking scared me when I first saw them.

Just the music and anything in Silent Hill creep me the f*ck out to this day. I CANNOT PLAY THAT GAME!

the Shadow Temple in Ocarina.

i've said it before, and i'll say it again: f*cking Wallmasters man.

There were some great moments in Bioshock, like the plastic surgeon popping up behind you all of a sudden.

Seriously, Silent Hill. I remember playing the first one when I was six or seven, and constantly being of the edge of sh*tting my pants in pure terror. Over the years, I still haven't manned up much when it comes the those games tounge.gif

Other than Silent Hill, I'd say the dream sequences in the first Max Payne were pretty spooky. Really annoying too, having to hear that same damn scream over and over each time you fell off the time little blood trail, with the baby constantly crying in the background...

WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG WOLF GANG GOLF WANG

Blackadder.

Manhunt 2 for me.

The cemetary level, where you'd be running along then BAM! Leo jumps out at you, starts beating you up, then another Leo comes at you, and another!

Those Poison Headcrabs were a bitch too.

Edited by Blackadder.
user posted image

This scene probably scared me the most. For those whom haven't had the pleasure of playing Condemned, this is a part where you are in an abandoned school looking for the killer.

Earlier in the level, you find someones f*cking lips on a blackboard. Lips! (I think right after that part, you turn and go to leave the room and the floor gives out underneath you. That made me jump, I wasn't expecting that).

Later, as this video shows, you get a flash back thing of this man. He is the old gym teacher of the killer (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still not 100% on the story). The killer had chopped off his arm, and tore off his lips. That's why he speaks so weird.

When I zoomed in on him, damnit, I was as close as I could be to him thinking he was dead. Then when he lurched forward I nearly screamed. I LOVE scary FPS games so much because of Condemned (and FEAR too) smile.gif

ije3Gsb.png

Hell yeah, Inky. I just about tossed my controller at the TV when that guy came to life. Great scene. Survival horror is by far my favorite genre. I love staying up late with the lights off and getting good and creeped out by a game. Silent Hill has to be one of the best for atmospheric creepiness.

Fatal Frame had a good spooky vibe, too.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

The Thing

Alien vs Predator (part 1)

and then a big void of nothingness...

and then HL2 (ravenholm)

ps:

Silent Hill never really scared me much, part 1 maybe a little... Silent Hill was more about the atmosphere for me, not the scares.

Digital Murders

There's this one room you come to in Bioshock that's completely flooded and there are a few spider splicer statues and once you get the items you need in the room and turn around, the statues are gone and then you start to hear footsteps and when you turn around they're all right there. f*cking creepy.

There are also several moments in the Silent Hill games that creep the f*ck out of me.

user posted image

Mines Silent Hill. That game scared the sh*t out of me when I had a go on my brothers game. I was probably about 10 then and just the music that you hear alone scared me enough to never play again. Or even think about playing that game. Scared me for life.

Thief: Deadly Shadows

It was only the one level where you go into an abandoned Asylum. That was a really creepy place.

This from Condemned-

And this from F.E.A.R.-

F.E.A.R. scares the sh*t out of me. Once I played it in the dark,alone and with headphones. When Alma jumped at me,I knocked of my soda and fell of my chair lol.gif Alma rocks! The game wouldn't be the same without her.

Seriously, Silent Hill. I remember playing the first one when I was six or seven, and constantly being of the edge of sh*tting my pants in pure terror. Over the years, I still haven't manned up much when it comes the those games tounge.gif

Other than Silent Hill, I'd say the dream sequences in the first Max Payne were pretty spooky. Really annoying too, having to hear that same damn scream over and over each time you fell off the time little blood trail, with the baby constantly crying in the background...

I'm 18 and I still stay away from that game...none of that for me. Silent Hill= Creepy

Seriously, Silent Hill. I remember playing the first one when I was six or seven, and constantly being of the edge of sh*tting my pants in pure terror. Over the years, I still haven't manned up much when it comes the those games  tounge.gif

I'm 18 and I still stay away from that game...none of that for me. Silent Hill= Creepy

I need to play Silent Hill biggrin.gif I love scary games.

Silent-Hill

Just the music and anything in Silent Hill creep me the f*ck out to this day. I CANNOT PLAY THAT GAME!

LOL. You need to have the guts to play that game. I can't wait for Silent Hill V smile.gif

I don't see it as a

"Oh sh*t!" type of scary but it's more of a

"What the f*ck is that!" type of scary. A lot of sh*t that you won't know the name of and the setting in general just f*cks with your head. If you like scary games try Silent Hill.....any of them.

Archangelsky

Not that many for me but there are a few :

1) Silent Hill 2, man the music and the spookey darkness and all the things that hide within it, besides that the grainy graphics makes this games atmosphere one of the best.

2) Undying, some sequnences scared me, but I don`t remember them specifically, long time since I played it.

Adam Jensen

First time I played RE4. I was very low on ammo and it was the first time I confronted that chainsaw dude. I almost crapped my pants. I was playing in midnight to get the scariest feel of it. Yes, I am crazy bored.gif

I don't see it as a

"Oh sh*t!" type of scary but it's more of a

"What the f*ck is that!" type of scary. A lot of sh*t that you won't know the name of and the setting in general just f*cks with your head. If you like scary games try Silent Hill.....any of them.

Yes,that's why Silent Hill is scary. It's messing with your mind.

First time I played RE4. I was very low on ammo and it was the first time I confronted that chainsaw dude. I almost crapped my pants. I was playing in midnight to get the scariest feel of it. Yes, I am crazy bored.gif

I love that game, completed on Pro now cool.gif.

Yeah, that guy scared me too first time.

When you killed Smoke on San Andreas.

Been a part of gtaf since I can remember. Time to go.

user posted image

aye captain, this nigga is out. 2001-2008.

Napalm Jason

No matter what you say, nothing was worse that looking at the Garrador strapped in the chamber in the dungeon of the mansion. I then proceeded to continually sh*t my pants while fighting him.

But then, I somehow managed to dump my intestines when I eventually faced two (2) Garradors.

Once you got the hang of the battles, they were still a little challenging, however, nothing strikes fear into you quicker than when you hear him running towards you widley and you know you can't get away from him.

Scariest. Battle. Ever.

Also, the very first battle in the town. Y'know, the one where you run into the small house, block the door, dart upstairs and then everybody starts climbing through the windows and f*cking your sh*t up? Yeah, that one too.

user posted image

DEATH. METAL.

I sh*t myself whilst playting Resistance. I know it's not supposed to be scary, but let me explain (Yes, the lights where out and I was in alone tounge.gif )

When I first played Resistance, I played it on Co-op with one of my friends, and got quite far on it. The sixaxis feature is turned off In Co-op.

Later that night (around 11) I started the single player campaign mode, and got to the bit where your captured by the carrier and put into one of the bases to get turned into a chimera.

This is where you first meet the weak f*ckers that walk rather than run when trying to attack you.

I blasted a few of them down, and I walked around the corner of a crate trying to figure out where to go.

One of the things jumps on me and I go "OH SH*T!" and throw my controller up in the air, whacking it off my cupboard door.

The Sixaxis feature is turned on in campaign mode, and thats the bit it tells you to shake it rapidly to get the bugger off confused.gif

I need to get more games that make me go OH SH*T! and throw my cans and controllers half way across the room. I love that feeling.

Any recommendations?

BuffaloSoldier

Definitely Otacon.

Otacon: Snake, four suits of stealth camouflage have been stolen.

:::OTACON'S FACE GETS HUGE:::

Otacon: OH MY GOD, SNAKE, THEY'RE IN THE ELEVATOR WITH YOU!!

Edited by BuffaloSoldier

Adam Jensen

Manhunt 1 was also scary. f*ckin Pigsy. The first part where you have to sneak up to him and stab him 3 times was freaking hard. He can hear you, smell you and he turns around too often. I wasn't able to breathe when I defeated him and my hands were shaking. I couldn't believe I finished the game when I killed the sick director minute later. It was finally over, no more fear

I think we dont even have to explain what was scary in F.E.A.R. cry.gif

But from some reason I had to play it all over again. The scare factor doesn't decrease though

There were some great moments in Bioshock, like the plastic surgeon popping up behind you all of a sudden.

hahaha i lol'd

i think that happend to me happy.gif

Those motherf*cking leapers at the zombie city in HL2 f*cking made me jump the sh*t out of my pants at 11pm suicidal.giflol.gif