UK OXM New Article Summary

Mafioso86

So as you probably know the new issue of the UK OXM was received by subscribers today. However the publishing company asked that gtaforums remove any scans. With that in mind I thought I summarize the interesting points in it.

-Packie is the "cheerfully thuggish heir to a fallen criminal empire." I imagine Packie being somewhat like a modern Jimmy Coonan or Mickey Featherstone.

-I believe the mafia boss that was seen briefly in trailer 3 and Phil's video, as well as a bunch of times in trailer 4 is a character named Mr. Gravelli who is described as a "well connected crime boss of the old school. He doesn't have a lot of time, and he wants you to use it wisely.

-There is a character named Bernie who is said to have past connections with Niko and to have "embraced city living like no body else. As well as other things best left unmentioned." From this and judging by his picture I think he's gay.

-There are new artworks for the previous mentioned characters as well as Roman, Brucie, Manny, and Playboy-X.

-Once you start working with the mafia (presumably when you meet Ray and Phil) you can do contract killing side missions for them to make extra cash. You start these by picking up a ringing pay phone in Alderney... just like Tony Soprano or GTAIII.

-There's multiple screens with the HUD (which looks fine to me... it's nice and clean and basic... nothing that doesn't need to be there), as well as one with what I guess you would call the "Phone HUD" where the cellphone appears in the lower right hand corner. It has the time, service bars, and in this particular example a picture message on the screen of a guy that says, "This is your target, find him and take him out."

-They talk about how the story is filled with plenty of betrayals and switching of sides. Those who were your friends may be your enemies later on and vice versa. What was really interesting about this though was that the player has a lot of choice over who they want to remain loyal to and who they decide to stab in the back. You might make friends with a new crimeboss who then demands you kill someone who is an old friend. It is then up to you whether you want to betray that friend, or cross the crime boss and face his wrath.

That's about everything i think... i really can't wait... two more weeks!

i wonder who this Bernie charactor is. He is wearing a purple scarf....if anyone is gay i think he is. But it says he is the one from Nikos past...hmmmm

sharpshooter_08

well if ainy one has a pic of the hud that is all i want so just PM me a link are somthing

well if ainy one has a pic of the hud that is all i want so just PM me a link are somthing

google it...i clicked on second from top

spoiler tags sholud of been used here some people amy not want to see this

eh... it says magazine article summary... if you're that afraid of spoilers you should probably avoid anything with a title like that.

OMG, CONTRACT KILLINGS.

one of the 10 things that were on my wishlist

some c*nts are gna get served up soprano style.

ph34r.gif

Thanks much for the summary M86.

I too can't wait. It's getting to where I get giddy whenever I think about this game. My wife is ready to smack me.

-They talk about how the story is filled with plenty of betrayals and switching of sides. Those who were your friends may be your enemies later on and vice versa. What was really interesting about this though was that the player has a lot of choice over who they want to remain loyal to and who they decide to stab in the back. You might make friends with a new crimeboss who then demands you kill someone who is an old friend. It is then up to you whether you want to betray that friend, or cross the crime boss and face his wrath.

Nice! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

i wonder who this Bernie charactor is. He is wearing a purple scarf....if anyone is gay i think he is. But it says he is the one from Nikos past...hmmmm

Maybe he's 'that special someone.' Maybe he was Niko's lover when they were young men in the Balkans... and then he left Niko and ran away to America... so now Niko has come to America in pursuit of the love of his life.