Do you remember the first GTA?

self

So, I'm 18. I remember playing the very first GTA back in my childhood. I can't believe how much it's changed since then! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif . I remember the phone boxes where you were given missions, I remember running down loads of peds dressed in orange, I remember playing on it all night. So, how old were you when the very first GTA came out and what do you remember from it?? colgate.gifcolgate.gif

i was 20 or so when it came out.... lol it was fun... but nowhere near as fun as when it went 3D... though i wish there was still a bigger importance to car theft as a theme... (like the old ones) like large lists of cars to steal... a chop shop.... Saints Row had a bit of that ... but i want gone in 60 seconds type stuff

gamefreak1978

yeah I remember the first GTA smile.gif was brilliant. first game i played like that ie running people over for fun lol the ones in orange were supposed to be the baldy preachy blokes name escapes me at the min. sure it used to say summit like gourange or summit when you killed them all in a row smile.gif Im 29 now so i prob got it when at college or just before maybe.

Good times biggrin.gif

PS please no one say 29 and still playing games etc as someone did in a topic i read other day. because I will hopefully be playing GTA 50 when im old and decrepid lol

Fuzzknuckles

Sure do. I was 20 or so and a buddy brought it home with him after work. I played it for ten hours straight on my housemate's computer. He had to kick me out of his room to go to bed. I woke up early the next morning and busted on in there and played it for a further 14 hours or so.

Good times.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Gourangalol

gourange

WHAT?!

its

Gouranga!

And i think they were the Hare Krishna.

When i was younger i thought it was a chain gang smile.gif

I was about 10 when i first played it.

I loved El Burro, and the Venerable Uncle Fu biggrin.gif

gamefreak1978

yeah chop shop would be cool I rem that in original. near the docks or summit wasnt it. I downloaded it free a while back from the rockstar site but its not the same now playing it again. I used to the 3D lol

Yeah thats it gouranga! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif and yeah Hare Krishna they were cool to kill lol always there at start of level lol

Edited by gamefreak1978

Elvis has left the building!

I can remember that rap song. And those weird ass guys you get to play as tounge.gif.

And where was that formula car again? dontgetit.gif My friend found it once but ever since I'd never found it.

im 19 now. My neighbour use to have the first GTA so we would go over there and play it...my mom wasn't a big fan lol.

OysterBarron

many nights staying round my mates house playing it on his PS1 till morning. i was 13 i think when GTA came out.

Me and my mate from ten years ago are still just as crazy about this game cant wait, the only difference now is we both have games consoles and can play link up multiplayer OMFGZOR....... Sorry This is Madness lol sorry again for the sparta reference confused.gif

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Capricornus

I am 18 now. I played GTA 1 (on the PS1) when I was only 8 years old, and I have been a devoted fan of the series every since then. I still remember it, that bird's eye view, peds asking "What's the idea?", those half naked guys walking in a single file line. Yes, I remember it. Won't forget it either.

caprisig.jpg

So, I'm 18. I remember playing the very first GTA back in my childhood. I can't believe how much it's changed since then! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif . I remember the phone boxes where you were given missions, I remember running down loads of peds dressed in orange, I remember playing on it all night. So, how old were you when the very first GTA came out and what do you remember from it?? colgate.gifcolgate.gif

Well I'm 18 now, so I was probably about 9 or 10 when it came out. I'm not really sure when it came out, thats just when I played it.

user posted image

Click here to join The Dinghers!

Put this in your signature if you think Looper55 sucks. lol

SLAMMAN-FOR-MOD

a_flyin_penguin

I had a 2 minute timed demo from a PC gamer mag around the time it came out. I played that demo over and over! I think I was 13 or 14 at the time, more likely 14. It was the single most addictive game I had ever played and the series has been ever since. I am so glad they never changed the raw wit and satire throughout the series, as it has only gotten better. I am left astounded after each game, and I always wind up wondering just how they are going to best theirselves next time around.

I've played all the GTAs except London (stores in my area never carried it). I remember my favorite part was those vans which had the remote control car bombs that could go under cars. Pretty sweet for it's time.

If you haven't ever played them, you can download the first two GTAs for free from rockstar.

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

I've played all the GTAs except London (stores in my area never carried it). I remember my favorite part was those vans which had the remote control car bombs that could go under cars. Pretty sweet for it's time.

If you haven't ever played them, you can download the first two GTAs for free from rockstar.

Will the download work on a Mac??

Will the download work on a Mac??

Not sure, you can go ahead and try. It's only 328MB, which is a 7 minute download for me (they have fast download speeds I will say) but I guess it depends on your connection/ISP.

I'am now 18 and yes I remember it from my childhood My uncle was showing me it round his house when we visited he let me play on it. Then he said I could have it I was well chuffed and that was like 12 years ago or maybe more.

I played that game all the time

The massive arrows over the phone boxes the train that never turned up but I still waited for it

Jumping the broken bridge and the music was classic

You guys remember

"Well it was back in 1849 texas golden nugget mine"

and that song that went something like woaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh eveerytime you got in a sports car

ANd last but not least the monster truck that spawned in one of the houses and the hidden tank at the docks

Good Times

Wel love you GTA1

user posted image

I was about 7 or 8 (Not sure) and I remember doing the missions, then, and I'm 15 now.

if you were 8 thats when GTA3 was released

Im glad I was born into the best generation computers only really took off in the 90's and games consoles etc.

20 years ealrier or 20 years in the future would of meant I missed out on the best years as a teen having plenty of GTA time

user posted image

The-Cornish-Cracker

I was about 9 when I first played GTA, it was around one of my friends house who was like 14 at the time. We'd take it in goes until we got killed or busted haha cool.gifbiggrin.gif

I sure do remember those days lol. It was what, 10/11 years ago?

I'm 19 now, so I would've been 8 or 9 lol. That sounds terrible now but at the time I loved it well it didn't turn me into a murderer..... yet icon14.gif

Fischkoeppe

i was 21...and yes, i remember

because i have played it today biggrin.gif...gta and gta2 on PSX...hardcore...and better then the PC version