How to watch Flash movies?

CCPD

What's the best and most common player to watch Flash movies on PC?

If you're talking about playing .swf files, try Swiff Player. If you want to playe .flv files, use VLC.

Oh, f*ck, I wish I knew that a year ago. It's funny how some things just don't click in your head.

Otter deletes Applian FLV player

So wait - can VLC transcode them as well?

Rocketkiller
If you're talking about playing .swf files, try Swiff Player. If you want to playe .flv files, use VLC.

Oh, f*ck, I wish I knew that a year ago. It's funny how some things just don't click in your head.

Otter deletes Applian FLV player

So wait - can VLC transcode them as well?

I can't see why not, if it can decode them there's nothing stopping it from encoding them to another format.

SyphonPayne

Gabest Media Player Classic along with K-Lite Codec Pack will play practically anything you throw at it.

VLC will play it without the need for codecs though.

I've looked into it - sounds super easy. Nice.

FLV has been a pain in my ass for the last two years. Slightly easier these days, but it's always been way harder than it needed to be.

Don't even get me started on XDCAM.

Rocketkiller
I've looked into it - sounds super easy. Nice.

FLV has been a pain in my ass for the last two years. Slightly easier these days, but it's always been way harder than it needed to be.

Don't even get me started on XDCAM.

Ever tried converting an .mkv file with x264 video and 5.1 AC3 audio into a proper DVD using just freeware? I had to go through 5 different programs, and even then it only played on 1 of the 3 DVD players that I tried. Now that's a royal pain in the ass. cry.gif

Tell me about it.

I ended up buying Canopus Procoder 2. Takes care of everything for me. Except many Flv's.

Edited by Otter

I used to use some extremely crap, minimal program called 'FLV Player', but then I found KMPlayer. It WILL play anything you throw at it. I love this program inlove.gif.

FIOszpJ.gif

I installed Swiff Player, and that's exactly what I needed. Thank you all for your help!